Clash

Gojuu.

enthrall
It’s the first time I’ve seen you like this, hopefully not the last time I get to watch you lift your shirt above your head and let your beauty shine forth, my eyes wandering awe-struck over your chest as you smile warmly.

chance
I’d never really had much time to tell him how I really felt, so unwilling as I was to face the mockery of our peers and on one the rare occasions that we were alone I seized my chance – and it really paid off.

meet
I pull a petal from your hair, as the wind carries the blossom up to the heavens and we kiss for the first time beneath a silver moon.

wind
The bitter chill of the winter air brings you closer to me, huddling against my chest, trying to steal my body heat, your woolen fists grasping my jumper desperately.

harm
They always said it would do more harm than good, falling for your closest friend, but I find it exciting - then again, they wouldn’t know excitement if it bit them in the arse.

dust
‘Operation Embarrassment’ begins with the dusting off of my baby photos, a collection of pictures from my early years kept to humiliate me in front of friends and lovers, resulting in me turning a vivid scarlet and cringing behind a cushion.

wise
It was our little secret and it was best to keep it that way, out of the prying eyes of our peers, left to our own devices – we were free from prejudice and discrimination.

exact
One of the many good things about dating a guitarist is that he always knows exactly what to do with his hands, what notes to play, what buttons to press.

jugular
His lips glide over my throat; fingertips stroke the exposed skin of my neck, the gentle touch sending shivers down my spine, making my hair stand on end.

flesh
It’s hard to believe that something so pure, so beautiful, could be made from mere flesh and bone and not carved from the finest marble.

glow
Ever since I told him I loved him, there’s been a certain radiance about him, a confident gleam in his eye, a healthy glow to his face – which pleases me since I’d expected something not dissimilar to disgust.

flush
I never really liked Valentine’s Day, but the sight of him turning bright pink as I handed him the huge fluffy teddy bear totally made up for going against everything I believed in.

scrape
I allowed my teeth to grate along the sensitive skin of his ear and congratulated myself inwardly as he shivered, a low grown erupting from his vocal chords.

string
When playing his guitar, it’s almost like he’s lost in a trance, oblivious to the world around him, lost in the beautiful music flowing from his able fingers – and all I can do is watch him.

tingle
His touch sets my skin alight, sends shivers down my spine, each pore yearning for the sensation to never end.

meaning
I watch him sleep, his face illuminated by the pale glow of moonlight and the alarm clock on the bedside table and I feel a strange sense of peace wash over me, safe in the knowledge I have something to live for.

discourse
I was so absorbed in watching his lips move, the shapes they formed with each syllable, each sound that came from his throat, that I completely forgot what we were supposed to be discussing.

burst
He looks like he’s about to explode, a wide grin stretched across his face, as the other members of his team congratulate him for being their star player – and I feel like the luckiest guy alive.

fight
My eyes blaze angrily, burning furiously in their sockets as he dares to try and justify himself, tries to give me an excuse for being snuggled up with him and my hand strikes the soft skin of his face, an ugly red mark flashing violently against the paleness of his cheek.

warmth
His eyes are gentle, smiling along with his lips, his voice smooth and soft, as he calls me over, endless arms outstretched and inviting.

loose
When you let him run free on that football pitch, he’s like a tornado and before you know it, everyone else is exhausted just from trying to keep up with him – he has so much energy, he even wears me out.

tangle
A mesh of limbs, sticky from sweat and we writhe on the sheets together, hearts beating in sync.

pliant
It unnerves me how he’s so easily led, put down by others so often, his self confidence left shattered and desolate after one single thoughtless comment.

glitter
His eyes sparkle mischievously, a smug smirk playing on his lips, as he lowers his head to leave little, delicate kisses on the inside of my thigh.

curve
The soft curve of his smile provides my heart with endless joy, and the cold curve of his frown grates on my soul every time it corrupts his face.

chapped
“Well, I can’t have rough lips,” He says defensively, applying a thick layer of lip gloss to his already beautifully smooth mouth as I stare at him incredulously over a cup of coffee, marveling at his diva tendencies, “You’ll be the one complaining if they’re chapped and nasty.”

delirium
My heart soars as he smiles at me, my head swimming with a sense of elation, the dizziness making me wobble slightly but I’m too excited to care whether or not I fall over – he finally noticed me and that’s all that matters.

sting
My skin had grown tougher after all the callous comments made by ignorant people on a daily basis, I could deal with it by now, but the one thing I couldn’t deal with, that destroyed me entirely, was how cruel he could be whenever we fought.

crumble
My argument dissolves into thin air as he traces the line of my collarbone with his lips – he always know how to get what he wants from me and I hate the fact that he doesn’t fight fair.

gold
When the light catches the dark brown irises of his eyes, they explode into a spectrum of colours, shimmering like gold glitter.

imprint
His nails cut small crescent shaped marks into my skin, his fingers gripping me almost possessively under the covers.

vain
He always spent far too long in front of the mirror, preening himself for hours, ensuring that we never arrived on time to wherever we were headed.

swallow
The way his Adam’s apple bobs up and down every time he swallows reminds me that, despite his glorious femininity, he is indeed a man – but then again, I guess I knew that better than anyone else.

defiance
My mother told me to be home by nine but sitting out under the stars with him at ten o’clock, listening to the sound of the wind brushing the branches of the trees around us, feeling the touch of his hand on mine was worth the wrath I’d endure back at home.

crack
He cracks his knuckles, the loud snap of bone making my stomach turn in disgust and he laughs because he knows how much I hate it.

ringing
The screams of the alarm clock lift me aggressively from the sweetest slumber, dreams of him still fresh in my memory, his scent lingers on the pillow beneath my head and I find myself cursing the sunrays exploding through the curtains.

devil
Lust – the deadliest of sins and yet, it feels so good, so damn good that sometimes you’ve just got to hang up your halo and surrender to the dark side.

alarm
His eyes widen in panic as we hear footsteps outside his bedroom door – the position we’re lying in can’t be easily explained, what with my hand down the back of his trousers and his fingers caressing my bare chest.

heat
The familiar warmth of arousal rises in my stomach, as yet again, I find my mind wandering to a subject completely unrelated to mathematics and focused more on biology.

light
The colour of our hair clashes violently, pink on red, red on pink, but it doesn’t matter when the lights are turned off and all I can see is stars.

flurry
We huddle close together, a bundle of knitted wool and billowing scarves, trying to save each other from the fierce wind that made the leaves dance around us in a whirlwind of reds and browns.

ache
Only he knows how to gently ease away the ache in my shoulder left by the weight of the instrument constantly hanging from it and each time, I find myself surrendering to his touch, the slight pressure of his fingers both relaxing and stimulating.

swell
I was unable to compress the warm feeling bubbling up inside me as I noticed him curled up underneath a blanket on the couch, adorable as ever and a small squeak erupted from my throat, making him open one eye, his brow raised skeptically.

pulse
His name was the only name that could get my pulse racing, the blood thick with hormones, flowing round my body with increasing speed.

lungs
I take a deep breath as I wait for an answer, wait for him to say no, to run away from me screaming – instead he smiles warmly and nods, clasping my hand in his own.

flicker
The amber flame flickers as he lights his cigarette, inhales deeply and then breathes out, watching the grey ribbon of smoke twist and turn elegantly through the crisp night air.

ember
I doubt my lust for him will ever fade to just a mere ember of desire, because every time I see him, the flame is rekindled.

bones
He’s lost weight – the once tight jeans are slipping down without the aid of a belt and when I hug him, my arms feel like they’re holding air.

crave
Every second I can’t have him, I yearn for his presence, his taste, his scent and whenever I’m with him, I just can’t get enough.

cherry
“You know, it’s true what they say,” I giggle to my classmate over lunch, “People who can tie knots in cherry stalks with their tongues really are good kissers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
That was the hardest thing I've ever had to write.