Saviour

Angel

“Ok Miss Armstrong, are you ready for your big day finally?” Dr Hamilton smiled at me as he came through the door. I grinned broadly at him and nodded. I’d had my bone marrow operation; Brian’s marrow had worked amazingly. Combined with the chemo, which had finally begun to work, I’d been given the all clear last week.

I couldn’t be happier, especially as today I was going home finally.

My family thought my excitement was because I was coming home, and that I was no longer a leukaemia patient anymore. But it wasn’t, it was because after I get out of this hospital, I can finally go on that date I promised Brian.

I had a reason to feel pretty, and he’d informed me that I was to report to my front door tonight at 7pm. It was his day off today, so he wasn’t here unfortunately to see my finally walk out of these god forsaken doors from this hospital.

“Excited?” I grinned once more; the muscles in my face must be confused because I was smiling a hell of a lot more than I used to do. But I blamed a certain nurse for my new outlook at life.

“Well then, you’re already dressed, so if you just want to sign these papers then you can officially leave. You’ll have to get your medication from the pharmacy all right? But apart from that, I hope to never see you again Kirsty. No offence of course,” He smiled affectionately at me.

He must be a good dad to someone.

Scribbling my signature along the dotted line on the sheet filled with information I didn’t really care about, I handed it back to him and smiled brightly. He mirrored the action and I couldn’t stop myself as I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“Thank you for not giving up,” I whispered into his ear. He smiled once more and walked me out to the entrance of the hospital. My mother and father stood waiting for me outside, and I couldn’t help it as I hugged them tightly too.

I had a new outlook on life since being in here. I have to life every moment to its fullest, otherwise it’s just not worth living. I think they could tell this as they took me to the car, making sure I was strapped in tightly.

Our first port of call was to somewhere that sold wigs. I refused to walk around bald and weird looking. I may be a cancer survivor but I want to feel good about myself. My parents were only too willing to oblige, driving around until we finally found the place we needed.

The women inside helped me to find my perfect hair, before instructing me on how to keep it on my head and all that stuff. But I finally had my hair back. Hair, in beautiful brown long curly waves that fell down my shoulders. My mom was crying silently as she watched me look at myself in the mirror.

I looked at them all and smiled broadly.

“I feel pretty again,” I whispered softly, wiping a tear away.

When my mom found out I was going on a date tonight with Brian, she had a small temper tantrum. I think it was because she didn’t want her little girl to be going out so soon again after just being released from hospital. I reassured her that everything would be fine, before telling her who Brian was.

When she found out that he was the man who saved my life, she was all the more willing to help me get ready for my night out. She helped me to choose out the dress to wear, which ended up being a black knee length dress that was high on my shoulders and back.

I may be more confident with myself already, but I was exceptionally pale. I still looked ill to be honest, so I didn’t want to be showing off too much. My mom agreed with me.

I had an hour to go before Brian came to pick me up, to take me to wherever it was that we were going. Nerves were fluttering around in my stomach as I considered the possibilities. What if he didn’t like me anymore?

I mean I know I only saw him yesterday but, it could still happen. He could decide to go and save some other girls life, or see some girl who as prettier than I was. He was a very good-looking man indeed.

My mom thought he was an excellent catch, and even though I know she didn’t want to think it, I could tell that she was thinking how amazing it was that her severely ill daughter had managed to capture a guy like that whilst almost dying in hospital.

She always did call me lucky.

Finally finishing off the lipstick and lip-gloss on my lips, I couldn’t help but grin at myself in the mirror. Whilst I was still exceptionally thin looking, the dress helped to hide the thinness and accentuate the curves that I still had. I could never seem to get rid of them, curse of the woman’s body I think.

But it made me look good, and the black heels that donned my feet made my legs look longer and more luxurious. I had to admit, even though they were pale, they still looked very good in this outfit. The silky hair that adorned my head only improved my attitude, as the brown curls complimented the dress perfectly.

And to finish it all off, the simple yet sexy looking make up that I’d perfected long before the illness had struck me.

I felt confident again, but it would only be one man’s reaction that would truly make me feel beautiful again.

This man had already saved my life once; maybe he could do it again by changing my outlook on myself. He seemed to be the type of person who would be able to do this, and I was praying that he would. I could see myself with him forever, telling our grandkids how we met. How granddad saved grandma’s life in hospital.

It would be a sweet tale to tell.

“Kirsty! Brian’s here!” My father yelled up the stairs to me. Butterflies literally exploded in my stomach, and I wondered just how many caterpillars there had been in my stomach before this moment then.

Giving myself one last grin in the mirror, I grabbed my handbag and walked down the stairs slowly.

My mother and father looked proud, and I felt the scene was very reminiscent of prom night back in senior year. Only I was more ill looking and Brian was far hotter than Jason had ever been. He stood in front of me in a black dress shirt and pants, looking every the part of the hot man he always had been.

His expression was stunned as he looked over me, my parents leaving to give us some privacy after pressing a kiss to my forehead.

“Kirsty?” He asked softly, seemingly bewildered by the fact that I was stood in front of him. His hand ran through my hair gently, and I leaned into his touch, loving the warmth that came from his skin.

“Wow, you look so different. I mean, I remember when I first met you. And now look at you! Are you sure you’re not an angel in disguise?” He teased me, poking my side lightly. I laughed airily and shook my head, slipping my hand into his. He was reciting what I’d told him he was after I’d had the operation to save my life.

“I’m positive Brian. In this relationship, there’s only one room for a saviour, and that’s you my handsome date,” I grinned, leaning up and pecking his cheek lightly. He chuckled, the noise rumbling deep in his chest.

“Well Kirsty, I may be your saviour, but you’re going to forever be the angel that changed my life forever,” He whispered softly as we reached the car. My heart raced at the sound of his words, they were horribly cheesy yet they made me feel so amazing.

“Besides, no woman as beautiful as you can stand on this Earth and not be an angel. Humans aren’t made like you are, angels are. They epitomise every beautiful in the world, and you’re everything that’s beautiful in my view at the moment. And if this all works out like I hope it will, you’ll be everything that’s beautiful in my entire world,” He cooed softly, before pressing his lips to mine finally in that first kiss.

If fireworks had exploded right now, it would not have phased me, because I’d finally found my reason to live again.

And it had come in the form of Brian Haner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so there's a part two to this because Kirsty requested it =]