New Kid in New Jersey

Glowing

"We were wondering if you wanted to sleep over round ours tonight?"
Gerard Way was on my doorstep, just talking, being friendly. I had discovered they he lived in the house opposite mine; on the same street and everything. Me and Gerard weren't so shy anymore. Not as much, anyway. It was almost a week ago since we first met, and over that week, we had all become really good friends.

"Yeah, I'd love to!" I replied excitedly. "Are the others coming?"

"Well, I don't think we told you; we all live together. In that house across the road, there." He told me, pointing over the road. "It's just me, Mikey, Bob, Ray and Alicia. No adults at all."

"Sweet. That must be great, living together like that..." I sighed.

"Yeah, it is. Anyway, do you want to come over now, or have you got stuff to do first?" He asked me, standing shyly on the doorstep.

"No, it's fine. I'll get my stuff." I smiled. "You can come in, by the way."

I ran upstairs and shoved some clothes into my bag, along with an unopened packet of the all-important skittles. I quickly threw a different pair of jeans on, and swinging my bag over my shoulder, I hurried back downstairs to find Gerard and Felicity sitting in the living room, having a very strange argument.

"No, it's black." Gerard said, looking confused.

"It's ginger, silly!" Fliss squealed.

"I'm not silly! You're silly! It's completely black!"

"Ginger!"

"Black!"

"Ginger!"

"What the hell?!"

"Hell?"

"Shhh..." Gerard whispered, hiding his laughter, noticing me come in. "You ready, Frank?"

"Yep." I said, laughing quietly to myself at their petty feud. "See ya, Fliss. Tell Mom where I've gone, okay?"
She nodded, glaring and laughing at Gerard, both at the same time.

"Bye, Felicity!" He said, waving to her.

I zipped up my jacket, and we opened the door and stepped outside, breathing in the cold air. We made our way to the edge of the busy road, and waited for the cars to pass.
"It's cold." I said, looking at my feet and shivering.

"Aw. Little Frankie, I'll warm you up." He smiled, and wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back to create heat for me. He had warm hands, and I felt comforted with his arms around me. I shivered again, and he gave me a quick squeeze before letting go. There were no cars near, so we were able to cross the road, and I felt the cold breeze once more once we had separated.

We got to his house, and stood outside the big front door while Gerard fumbled with the keys in his pocket. He found the correct key, and turned it in the lock. He pushed open the door, and we stepped into the crimson carpeted hallway. I heard laughing and familiar voices coming from a room to our right. The walls were painted a beautiful violet colour, and the small hallway was lined with small lamps and flickering candlelight, defining our faces with a pale golden glow.

"I love it." I gasped, amazed.
He looked at me, and smiled. He hung our jackets over the glossy, wooden banister, and beckoned me to follow him through the closest door, which was open ever so slightly, by a tiny strip of yellowish light that was shining through the crack.

"Frank's here, everybody!" Gerard announced, and I stepped in, through the door, and didn't have time to take in my surroundings, or even say hello to everyone, because Mikey launched himself at me, and gave me one of the hugest hugs I'd ever had, reminding me slightly of Fliss. We all knew that Mikey loved to give us his bone-crushing hugs; and let me say, that for a small person, he was fucking good at them, too.

"FRANKIE!!!"

"Hey...Mikes..." I choked out, my lungs pleading for oxygen.

"Oh, sorry..." He pulled back, giving me a cheesy grin with all of his teeth.

"Sup?" I said, panting slightly.

"Same as always." He sighed.
I sat down next to Alicia on a large, crimson sofa that matched the carpet.

"Hey, Frank!" She grinned, giving me a small hug. I heard Gerard shift uncomfortably from the other sofa, which he was sat on next to Ray and Bob, who were both debating something about Supermam.

Mikey fell back onto the sofa, in between me and Alicia. They were big sofas, so we still had loads of space. I lay back slightly into the corner of the sofa, resting my head on the side of it. I smiled at Gerard, who smiled back at me. That was when I remembered the feeling of his arms around me again. How warm they felt, and how safe they made me feel. And his smile gave me that undescribable feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach, that one that sends shivers up your spine, and makes you feel special in a strange kind of way.
I averted my gaze, and stared instead into the orange flames, licking the sides of the fireplace, crackling away. The glow of the fire reminded me of that wonderful feeling that Gerard gave me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, like, super-cheesy chapter! But I don't want to ruin the moment!
Double update today >.<
Love you all; keep commenting, and more importantly, keep reading. <3