New Kid in New Jersey

Knowing

School the next day was crazy.
Really crazy - I'm not even kidding.

I woke up at what must have been about four in the morning, fell out of that goddamned tree and almost broke my neck (Gerard had a bit of trouble getting himself down), and we ran back to my house and fell asleep on the couch.
Gee woke me up again at about eleven o'clock, and we ran all the way to school (forgetting to change our clothes), had a bunch of teachers have a go at us for being late, and arrived by our tree out on the school field to meet the others, just in time for lunch.

"Where have you been?!" Mikey screeched at us, "We were worried sick!!"
This was followed by some loud coughs from Bob, Alicia and Ray.

"Yeah, um... thanks, guys..." Gerard said sarcastically.
Mikey sighed, rolling his eyes as we slowly sat down on the dry grass.

"So..!" Alicia began, smiling exitedly at me and Gerard, "What actually happened with you two last night?"
The others all shuffled inwards into a small circle around us both, grinning cheekily at us, waiting impatiently for an answer.

"Nothing." I said quickly, glancing at Gerard, "Nothing happened last night."

"Yeah... I found Frank and we just went home - back to his house." Gee continued seriously, "Nothing interesting."
Mikey, Ray, Bob and Alicia all looked at each other, confused, looking extremely let down.

"Back in a minute, guys, I'm going for a cigarette." I said suddenly, "Coming, Gee?"

"Sure." He grabbed hold of my hand and we ran off in the sun towards the back of the field, out of earshot from the others.

When we had gotten far enough, we stopped, and Gerard looked at me questioningly.
"I didn't know you smoked..." He said, reaching into his pocket for his lighter.

"I don't, Gee-tard, I just wanted to get away from that lot." I smiled, pointing to the others, who all quickly looked away when they saw us looking. Gossiping, most likely. I laughed to myself - we all know Bob's little 'secret'.

"Oh, right..." Gerard smiled back at me, "We've had all morning and all night to be alone, silly old Frankie!"
I grinned, giving him the puppy dog eyes that I was oh so good at after many sessions of practicing in the bathroom mirror.

"Gee, we're keeping this a secret, right?" I said slowly, changing the subject, "You know, the whole... tree thing?"

"You mean when I kind of... kissed you?" He asked me, blushing, "'Course we are. Fuck knows how much we'll get teased when the guys find out..."

"Awesome. Thankyou, Gee." I smiled.

"Anytime, Frankie. My Frankie." He warmly returned my smile, sliding his hands into my back pockets. I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my tired eyes and snuggling into his neck, taking in that heavenly 'Gee' scent. "We'd better go back now..." He whispered.

I nodded, and we broke apart, sharing a quick, hidden kiss before running back, hand-in-hand once more.
When we got back to the tree at the other end of the field, Ray, Bob, Alicia and Mikey were all sat cross-legged in a little line under the tree, staring at us and giggling cheekily like little kids. Fuckers...

"What?" I asked, confused. Their wide eyes fell to our still linked hands, and they began to giggle hysterically once again, falling about on top of each other.

"Have a nice smoke?" Ray asked us both, grinning; the only one who had managed to control his laughter.

"Seriously, what the hell?!" I looked at Gee, who just shrugged, clearly as oblivious as I was.

"We saw!!" Mikey squealed, sitting up and making several passers-by stop and stare, before he dissolved back into a fit of laughter with his girlfriend. Jesus, anyone would think he was gay by the way he acts sometimes...

"You saw fucking what?!" Gerard asked, fraustrated, staring at Bob who was rolling around in the grass, clutching his sides.
Mikey and Alicia started to pout, making kissing sounds before bursting into a chorus of "Frank and Gerard sitting in a tree, K-I-S-"

Gee launched himself at his younger brother, chasing him all around the field as Mikey was bent double from his laughter.
"MIKEY!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for such a long wait.. I've really been neglecting this story lately, amongst other things. Thankyou so much to all the amazing pieces of awesome (!) who still read this trash. Love to you. <3