New Kid in New Jersey

Memories

It was a terrible feeling, leaving Chicago, where I'd lived for sixteen whole years of my sad little life.

I'm actually genuinely surprised that we could even afford the move to New Jersey. After all, Mom was only just scraping by with a part-time job at the coffee place just down the street; and my dad..well, he didn't want anything to do with my mom. They hated each other, they really did. They only stayed together for their kids: me, Felicity and Kai. But we knew that we were living in a broken home. We knew that mom and dad would split up. We knew what would happen, even before our parents did.

My older brother, Kai, was just like my dad. They were both extremely cocky and arrogant. We hated them. And we had to live with them for so many years.

I haven't got a single clue how we coped. And my father; he was the most dispising human being imaginable. He was abusive and cruel to us all. Well...all but Kai, anyway.
I remember vaguely, coming home from school one day, when I was around ten years old.
I can't quite remember why, but I was twenty minutes late home, and the very moment I walked through the front door, my dad grabbed me by my shirt collar and slammed me up against the solid concrete wall.

His fist collided with my stomach numerous times, whilst he yelled at me, screaming vicious insults here and there. I remember him dropping me onto the floor, leaving me slumped up against the door, clutching my ribs and sobbing silently through agonising pain.
There are still some faint bloodstains on the carpet and walls in that hell, from each time that he hurt me and Felicity. Some father figure, he was. And it wasn't until the day before yesterday that my mom actually found him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter! You lovely commenters are the ones that encourage me to keep writing! Thankies for reading so far. I love you all. <3