New Kid in New Jersey

Leaving

**Continue Flashback**

My mom looked up, as though something inside her head had jerked her whole body back to it's senses.

"What?" She breathed. "Your father did this to you?"

"Mom...if you knew..." I said, feeling a fresh wave of tears beginning to fall.

"Knew what? Frank, what has he been doing to you?" She questioned, her eyes also beginning to fill with salty tears once more.

I sighed. I couldn't tell her about what my father had done. I just couldn't muster up the courage to spill it all out. "Frank, I need to know. I...never mind. Come with me. I need to talk to him." She said, grabbing my uninjured hand and pulling me to my feet. I followed her downstairs, where she told me to stay put while she talked to my dad.

I slowly sat down on the bottom stair, sighing to myself, once mom had gone into the living room, where Kai and my dad were sitting on the sofa, watching some random crap on the television. I heard quiet voices, and Kai protesting about something, when he was suddenly pushed out of the room, rubbing his forehead.

"Aw, come on, Dad. I won't be any trouble!" He cried, as the living room doors were slammed in his face. He pulled a sickened expression and glared over at me, where I was sitting on the stairs with my head in my hands. Kai turned slowly and stumbled up the stairs; kicking me painfully in the ribs on his way up.

I kept quiet, listening closely to my parents on the other side of the wall.

"...What are you talking about?! Scars? I haven't touched our son, for Christ's sake!" Came my dad's voice. I hated it when my parents argued about me. My dad would always beat me up afterwards, telling me that I would 'pay' for whatever it was that I had done; which, most often, was absolutely nothing at all.

"Have you seen your son lately? Have you seen what has happened to him? Have you seen the mess that he's in?" Mom questioned angrily.

"Mess? Our son is fine, Linda. You're overreacting! You're paranoid! Frank is perfectly fine! You don't need to worry about him, he can cope." My dad answered. I could tell by his voice that he was trying desperately to keep calm.

Hell, what a liar he is. Sure, Frank's fine, he's only been found in your bathroom, covered in his own goddamned blood! And exactly the same words just came out of my mother's mouth.

"He can cope?! Cope with what, exactly? You've given him them scars! You've been hurting him! You're a terrible father! How can you possibly do such things to your own son?!" She continued.

I was distracted from the argument when I heard a small voice coming from somewhere behind me.

"Frankie...you dropped your shirt." It was Felicity, tiptoeing down the stairs in her pyjamas.
Her hair was tied up in little brunette pigtails, and in one hand she carried her old teddy; in the other, she held my bloodstained shirt, dragging it along the carpet as she stepped carefully down each stair. She really was quite sweet sometimes.

"Hey, Fliss." I said, taking my shirt and trying to force a smile, which was hard when I had been crying almost non-stop for about an hour or so. Felicity smiled back at me.

"Why are Mommy and Daddy shouting at each other, Frankie?" She questioned suddenly.

"Oh, Felicity..." I sighed, pulling her into a hug as she sat down next to me. "They're having grown-up problems. But it's going to be okay." I said, knowing full well that it was definitely not going to be okay. She nodded silently, closing her eyes and snuggling into my shoulder.

"I'M THE BAD PARENT?! YOU'RE THE ONE ABUSING OUR CHILDREN!" Mom suddenly screamed from the living room, making us both jump. Fliss began to whimper uncontrollably, and I felt her small body shaking slightly in my arms.

"Shhh..." I whispered, trying to calm my little sister down.

"I'm not - " My dad tried to say, before being cut across by Mom.

"Oh, but you are!" She cried, her voice now hoarse from shouting.

"Linda, please..."

"Don't touch me!"

"Okay, fine! You want to know? I've hated our sorry excuse for a son from the very day he was born! He's a scrawny little bastard, and I never wanted him in my house for a single fucking second! I don't want anything to do with him. I don't want anything to do with YOU!" He exploded suddenly, abandoning his faked calm tone.
So that was what he thought of me.

"Stop...please..." I muttered under my breath, knocking my head bluntly against the solid wall every few seconds. "No...don't speak...leave it...please, please..." Tears began to fall, sliding slowly down my face. I could feel the heat beginning to rise in my forehead.

"Frank? Frankie, I'm afraid..." Felicity began to sob into my limp arm, wrapping it around herself for safety.

"I don't want you anywhere near me ever again, do you hear me?!" My mom shouted again. I could hear her voice shaking on every word she spoke.

We didn't hear a response from my father, because at that moment, Mom came bursting out of the room, tears streaming down her cheeks, and a grudging look on her face. We had never seen her so angry before, and it scared us both to see our mother like this.
She turned to face us both, curled up together on the stairs, sharing each other's warmth.

"Frank, Felicity...grab your stuff. We're leaving."


**End Flashback**
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, that took me ages to write! Poor Frankie... that was pretty dramatic xD
I'd love some comments on this chapter - let me know how I've done. <3