Status: Being re-written. Check chapter summaries to see which chapters have been done.

Why?

Is he even alive?

Billie was about to step outside when he remembered his mobile. He ran back to grab it from the table. When he picked it up he saw the empty mug that Mike had been drinking coffee out of. Billie sighed and thought to himself "why did I say all those things to Mike?" His thoughts were interrupted by Tre.

"Come on BJ"

"Yeah" replied Billie

As the two band mates stepped outside, they couldn't believe the terror and pain that stood before them. There were bodies everywhere. Buildings were missing there were fires everywhere. A man was standing there in the middle of the chaos. When Billie and Tre stepped up to him, they saw he was wearing one of those collars that vicars wear. He turned to them and then spoke.

"Hello. Terrible isn't it?"

Billie nodded

"I was very lucky; I was on my way to Starbucks when I remembered I had forgotten my bible. Alas the lord saving me. How about you?"

"Our best friend's missing." was all that Billie said as his voice cracked.

"Oh my, where was the last place he was at?" asked The vicar

"Starbucks" said Tre looking at the floor

"Oh Poor thing! Well let the Lord be with you, I hope you find your friend, as for me I am going to go help the wounded. What's your friend's name?"

"Mike. Mike Dirnt" Said Billie

"Well I hope Mr. Dirnt is okay." said the vicar as he walked away.

Billie and Tre started to walk over the ruble and through the smoke.

"Tre? Do you think were gunna find him?" asked Billie tears streaming down his face.

"Yeah we will BJ, he will be just fine" Tre said, trying to convince himself as much as he was Billie.

They stopped as they saw the destroyed Starbucks. There were bodies everywhere. They searched for hours, but still didn't find anything except death and misery.

"Billie maybe we should go back?" sighed Tre

"No I won't give up, never!"

"I know Bill I know..." Tre was about to say something when he saw something that caught his eye

"Bill?"

"Yeah?"

"Was Mike by any chance wearing his misfits' converses?" asked Tre in a high voice

"Yeah why?" asked Billie following Tre's gaze

He couldn't see what Tre was looking at until his eyes fell on a load of ruble, there was a black misfits shoe sticking out of the ruble.

"Oh my god" said Billie as he started Running towards it with Tre hot on his heels.

"MIKE!!!" yelled Billie as he started lifting the rocks. He couldn't do it as they were to heavy. Tre joined in and together they managed to pick up the rocks.

It took them about half hour until they came across a blood covered body they recognized as their bassist and best friend.

"Mike, oh my fucking god Mike" said Billie

"C'mon buddy, wake up!" yelled Tre

Mike didn't wake up, Billie checked his pulse, and then said "Tre he's alive! But only just!"

They managed to pick up his limp body and carry it to the ambulances around the corner.

"Hello son who have you got here?" asked the paramedic

"His names Mike, Mike Dirnt" said Billie

"We will take him I understand you two will want to come?" asked the Paramedic loading Mike into the ambulance. Tre and Billie jumped in the vehicle and they sped of to the nearest hospital. When they got there Mike was taken to a room and inspected by doctors.

After about an hour of sitting in uncomfortable hospital chairs a doctor came out with a clipboard.

"Well?" asked Billie

"Well Mr. Pritchard,"

"It's Dirnt" interrupted Billie

"Opps sorry its automatic" said Billie as Tre nudged him

"Anyway as I was saying, Mr. DIRNT has sustained multiple injuries. He is stable but..." He paused

"Yes..." said Tre getting frustrated

"I'm afraid that he has some head trauma and so is in a coma." finished the doctor

"A coma?" whispered Billie

"Yes and I'm afraid he may not wake up... at least not for a while anyway." added the doctor

"Can we see him?" demanded Billie

The doctor nodded and walked away. Billie and Tre looked at each other then opened the door to Mike's room.

As they walked in their eyes rested on the body in the bed. Tubes ran all around it with machines beeping. Billie inspected Mike, he had cuts and bruises and he was covered in dust and dirt. His blond hair was all over the place. His eyes where closed and under the mud you could see he was very pale.

Billie could feel tears forming in his eyes. He looked away, but from the corner of his eye he could see Tre crying silently as well.

The doctor came in and spoke to the 2 men.

"People in comas can quite often hear, smell and feel things. If you talk to him he may be able to hear you. In fact video tapes, music and anything to do with his lifestyle could wake him up.

"So your saying if he recognizes something that it Might wake him up?" asked Billie

"Yes, it could very well wake him up, or help him." said the doctor as he walked out of the room.

Billie pulled up a chair next to Mike. Tre did the same.

"Hey buddy" said Billie

"The weird doctor dude says you can hear us, even in a coma...well I hope so cause I feel like a prick right now. It's like talking to a brick wall..." added Tre

"Yeah anyway, I'm sorry for saying all of those things Mike, I didn't mean them." Billie said as he grabbed Mike's hand

"Yeah me neither, I'm sorry Mike, please wake up" begged Tre

"If you can hear us please please try to wake up" whispered Billie

Little did they know that Mike could hear them...

Mike P.O.V

Ahhh shit my head kills, hey where am I?

How come I can't open my eyes? Or move...

Shit what's wrong with me?

Did I die in the explosion?

No wait I can hear Billie and Tre... Did Tre just say I'm in a coma?

Jeeze... great I'm stuck inside my head... just fucking great! And don't worry Billie I'm trying my goddam hardest to wake up!

Ahhh this is gunna get real hard. I can hear Billie and Tre crying, I wish I could just wake up and say I'm sorry for walking out on them. Ahhh comas suck!

Hey that's Billie's ring tone...

End of Mike P.O.V

Billie's phone went off making him jump. The sound of Sheena is a punk rocker filled the room. He looked at the I.D, Adie

"Hello"

"Billie have you found Mike? Cause I have a distraught Estelle here! Please tell me you found him!"

"Adie, Chill tell Estelle we found him." He paused while he heard murmuring, which he guessed was Adie telling everybody back home.

"Adie who's at our house in total?" asked Billie

"Ummmm Me, Joey, Jake, your Mom, Frankito, Ramona, Stella, Claudia and Ana, but anyway how Mike?" she demanded

"Adie, he's in a coma" sighed Billie

"What? Oh Billie!" she yelled

Billie explained what the doctor had told them about familiar things possibly waking him up.

"Well Billie I'm gunna fly everyone over ok? We will bring the things we can think of that may bring Mike around, see you soon, we will catch the next flight, and what hospital are you in?" she asked

Billie gave her the details of the hospital and then hung up and told Tre the whole convocation.

Mikes P.O.V

Oh god, everyone's coming out to try and wake me up. Poor Hero, Jeeze I wish I could speak to her, ahhh this is so frustrating! Why can't I just wake up?

end P.O.V

Billie got up and turned on the T.V. The news was on with some snooty reporter on it.

"There have been terrorist attacks today in New York. Many people have been killed or injured. One of those people who have been injured is the famous Mike Dirnt of Green Day....

"Shit how do they do that!" yelled Billie

"We don't need no fucking media coverage" shouted Tre

"How do they know about Mike? It hasn't even been one friggin day!" Snarled Billie as he turned the T.V off and sat next to Mike

"C'mon Mikey, wake up, please" Billie mumbled