Be Seeing You

Big News.

"Esperanza, my love..."
"Oh Ignacio, kiss me you fool!"
"Frank, what are you watching?"

Frank fumbled around for the remote. Just as the door clicked open, he slammed is finger down on the "channel-up" button.

"And we're back on the WWE..."

A tall, blond-haired figure walked into the room, holding a room key. A towel hung loosely around his neck. He glanced at the television.
"Where's everybody else?"
Frank shrugged. "I don't know."
Bob sighed, sitting down on the bed opposite Frank's. He picked up a magazine, hoping something interesting was hidden among the pages.
"Hey Bob?" Frank's eyes did not leave the television screen.
"Yeah?"
"Remember that time we kissed?"
Bob looked at Frank, a questioning look on his face. "Yes."
"Wanna do it again?"
"No."
"Okay," Frank whispered. He continued to watch television, secretly wishing he could continue watching the cheesy soap opera. His thoughts were interrupted but a loud telephone ring. Frank let it ring.
"Frank. Get the phone."
Frank grumbled, reaching over and picking up the receiver, putting it to his ear. "Hello?"
"Frank!"
Frank's eyes widened in realization. "Mikey?"
"Yeah! What's up, how is everybody?"
"Oh, well, we're fine-- What am I talking bout, how are you??"
"Oh, I'm alright."
"Mikey, did you tell him?" Alicia's voice shouted from the background.
"Tell me what, Mikey?" Frank asked, curious.
"Uh, well.... um... haha..."
"C'mon Mikey, spit it out!" Frank was growing impatient.
"Alicia's... pregnant."
"WHAT?!?" Frank fell off the bed, pulling phone down with him. Bob stared at Frank with a look that seemed the say 'What the hell, Frank?'
"Hello? Frank? Are you still there?"
Frank grabbed the receiver, the cord twisted around his body, his hair a mess. "Yeah, I'm here! Dude, are you serious? I gotta tell Gerard! Hey, Bob! Mikey's having a baby! No, I mean--- agh!"
"Hey, congrats, Mikey!" Bob yelled, so as to be heard by Mikey.
Mikey laughed, a laugh was sprinkled with sadness. Frank's ears picked up the sadness right away.
"Mikey, what's wrong?"
"Frank, I'll talk to you later. Tell Gee to call." There was a small *click*, and then the dial tone. Frank sat on the floor, a confused look on his face.

"So they're having a kid?" Bob asked, nonchalantly.
"Well, yeah, but... Mikey sounded kinda depressed."
"Well, you better call Gerard. He'll wanna know that he's gonna be an uncle," Bob said, matter-of-factly.
"Yeah, okay. I think Mikey should tell him, though." Frank fixed the hotel phone, and pulled out his cell, at the same time wondering why Mikey had called the hotel phone and not his cellphone. 'He probably didn't want me to see his number, so it would be a surprise,' he thought. He shrugged it off and called Gerard.

***
Mikey put the phone down and sighed. How would he tell them? He hadn't even told Alicia yet. He had to quit the band... he had other responsibilities now! He couldn't let his kid grow up without a father. And yet, the thought of permanently quitting the band... he couldn't imagine his life without the guys. He'd already spent so much time without them, on his honeymoon. Truthfully, he should've been back a while ago; his honeymoon was over. He was glad that the guys missed him, too. He smiled a little at the thought of Frankie sending him e-mails every day. He would always tell Frank that he was being annoying, but secretly, he loved getting the letters.
"Alicia?"
"Yeah, baby?" She stood behind him and slid her arms around his waist, the side of her face resting on his back.
"I'm quitting the band," Mikey stated abruptly.
Alicia blinked, her eyes wide. Why? Why would he quit the one thing she knew he loved more than her? Being away from the band had already taken its toll; she knew he missed the guys. The baby... that was the reason.
She took his hands in hers; he looked over his shoulder, looking into her eyes for some kind of answer. She looked up at him, not able to give him one. She was happy that he wanted to be there for their child's life, but at the same time she wanted him to be happy.
"It's because of the baby, isn't it." It wasn't a question; she knew.
"...Yeah. Alicia, I can't... I don't know what to do. Can I... I think I'm gonna go see Gerard." He freed himself from her embrace and grabbed his keys and wallet. "I'll be back later."
"But Mikey, you don't know where he is! He could be on the other side of the world for all you know."
Mikey ignored her, running down the flights of stairs in the apartment complex, absorbed in his own thoughts. His thoughts, however, were interrupted by his cellphone.
"Hello?"
"Mikey!" Mikey felt his lips form a smile.
"Gee! Hey, what's up?"
"Nothin'. Hey, Frank said you had something important you wanted to talk about."
"Oh... right." Mikey's thoughts flooded back to him.
"Well, what didja wanna talk about, dude?" Gerard was oblivious to Mikey's flat tone.
"Oh, well, um, Alicia's pregnant. That's important, I guess..." Mikey waited for Gerard's reaction. There was only silence.