Class is Now in Session

The Concert

I woke up the next morning very excited. I jumped right out of bed and got in the shower. When I was finished, I got dressed in a red and black tank top, black jeans with a studded belt, and red and black striped socks and my red and black Converse high-tops. I then did my make-up and put my hair up in a ponytail. I was ready in about 45 minutes, a new all-time high for me.
I didn't want the guys to be late for their visit, so I woke them all up to avoid oversleeping.
"What time is it?" Billie asked groggily when I shook him awake.
"It's about 7:30," I told him.
"Why are you waking us up so damn early?" he asked in a somewhat annoyed voice. I let out a sigh. I'd forgotten he wasn't a morning person.
"So that you don't oversleep, miss the visit, and make all the children hate you. Now get your ass up and get ready."
"What time is the class?" he asked, squinting up at me.
"It starts at 8:45. It's first period," I told him.
"Damn," he said. "Fine, I'll get up."
I pulled the covers off of him and he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stretched. He had slept in just his boxers.
"You have no problem with other people seeing you in your underwear, do you?" I asked him.
"None at all," he said and gave me a good morning kiss on the cheek as he headed toward the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and went to wake up Mike and Tre'.
Once everyone was up, I headed into the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I had a bowl of Reeses Puffs. When I was finished, I fed Mugsy and grabbed my keys. Before I walked out the door, I called up the stairs, "Don't forget, guys. You should be there by 9:00. If you forget or are very late, you will lose ten potential fans forever because they will all think that you guys are dickheads. Oh, and you have to stop by Mr. Kessler's office before you come to my classroom for safety reasons."
"Yeah, yeah, we here ya," Billie called down the stairs. "Give us some credit, Carrie. We're not as irresponsible as we used to be when you first met us."
"I sure as hell hope not," I called back. "I'll see you guys in a bit." I turned to leave, then I turned back and called up the stairs, "And Tre'? No booze or nudity, please. The same goes for you too, Billie and Mike."
"Aye aye, captain!" Tre' called down the stairs. I smiled and walked out the door.

When I got to school, I stopped by George's office before I hit my classroom. He was sitting at his desk, signing some papers. I knocked softly on the open door.
"Mr. Kessler? I mean, George?" I said.
"Ah, Carolyn, good morning. What can I do for you?" he asked, setting down his pen and folding his hands.
"Well, I talked it over with my friends from Green Day, and they said that they would come in today. Is that okay with you?"
"Sure, that's fine. And what time should I expect to see them in here?" he asked.
"At about 9'o clock, since my class starts at 8:45," I told him.
"9 o'clock it is, then," he replied with a smile.
"Thank you, George," I said and continued down the hall to my classroom.

Before I went to my classroom, I stopped in the gym and set up Tre's drumset. I wanted everything to be ready for them when they got there.

When I got to my classroom, I could barely contain myself. I didn't want to make it seem like anything out of the ordinary was going to happen. I wanted the kids to be as surprised as they could be.
When the kids arrived and took their seats, I started the day like I would any other. I asked who was absent. Everyone was there today, so I was even happier that none of the kids would miss the surprise. Once that was done, it was about 8:55. I was barely able to keep my composure. "Only five more minutes!" I thought to myself.
"Okay guys, I thought that we could review what I taught you yesterday..."
Just then, there was a knock at the door. "Holy shit! They're on time!" I thought frantically.
"Come in!" I called towards the door. I was about to burst!
The door swung open and Billie, Mike, and Tre' stepped inside. They had huge smiles on their faces and Billie and Mike were carrying their guitar cases. I had an equally huge smile on. The guys were wearing the clothes that wore on the American Idiot tour and they couldn't have looked better if they tried.
"Hey Carrie! How the fuck are ya?" Tre' said, pulling me into another one of his huge hug.
I laughed and said, "I'm doin' good, Tre'. How've you been?"
"Oh you know, same old, same old," he replied with a shrug.
I gave Billie and Mike a hug and then turned to face the class. All the girls looked like they were about to faint.
"Well, guys, as promised, here they are. Green Day, live and in person," I said, still smiling.
"Hey, how's everyone doin' today?" Billie asked, waving to the class.
There were a few "goods" and "fines" but no real responses. Everyone was speechless.
"Well, what do you guys think we should do first? The private show or the Q&A?" I asked, turning back to the guys.
"Well, we talked it over and decided that we should play first, and answer questions afterward. Sound good to you?" Mike told me.
"That would be great," I said. "Okay everyone. Line up by the door and head to the gym."
Everyone got up and started slowly toward the door. The girls were all giggling and whispering. One of them, Vera, I think, stole a peek at Billie and he winked at her. She let out a tiny squeal and started talking excitedly with her friends. I laughed a little bit.
"Don't worry guys, I'll be down in a minute with our guests. Just take a seat near the stage when you get down there and wait for us," I told them.
Once everyone had walked out of the classroom, I turned to look at the guys. I still had the biggest smile on my face.
"Thanks for agreeing to do this, guys. I really appreciate it," I told them.
"Oh, don't mention it, Carrie. We're happy we could help," Mike said, giving me a kiss on the cheek.
"Well, I guess we should get down there," Billie said.
"Yeah, we have to go rock those little fuckers!" Tre' yelled. I shushed him and told him not to curse, at least not loud enough so that people down the hall could hear him.
I led the guys down to the gym and showed them the stage. I had set up some microphones when I had put Tre's drums together. They all hopped onto the stage and set their stuff down. Tre' took his place behind the drums and grabbed two of the drumsticks I had put out for him. Billie and Mike set down their cases and took out their guitars. I walked over to the stage and took their cases so that they wouldn't be in the way. They plugged their guitars into the amps I had brought and then turned on the microphones.
"Okay, why doesn't everyone come right up to the stage so that you can all see," Billie said into the microphone, gesturing for them all to come forward. The class practically ran up to the stage. I stood beside the class and smiled up at the Billie. He smiled back and grabbed a pick that I had stuck into the mic stand. Mike did the same and they both turned to face the class/audience.
"Well, we're gonna play the set list we played when we played Milton Keynes this past June," Billie said into the microphone. "This next song is called American Idiot!"
Billie launched right into the music and the kids went crazy. I was bobbing my head in time to the music and smiling at the sound of Billie's voice.
When the first song was over, the kids all clapped and screamed like maniacs. I clapped and screamed along with them. It was good to see Green Day playing again. I hadn't gotten a chance to go out to one of their shows when they were on tour, but I had bought their dvd, Bullet in a Bible.
The kids loved every song that the guys played. They screamed even louder when Billie was running around the stage during St. Jimmy. They all dove to the ground when Billie or Mike threw one of their picks into the crowd. They didn't seem to mind all the cursing that was going on. I was a little sad that there couldn't be any explosions because it would probably set the school on fire or something, but I didn't have time for sadness, I was having too much fun jumping around and singing along.
Around the middle of the show, the guys stopped playing and tried to get the class to quiet down a little bit. Once the class had lowered their voices, Billie put on a big smile and surveyed the crowd.
"Okay, we're going to have some of you come up here and play a song," Billie said into the microphone. Everyone started screaming again.
"Woah, woah, woah!" Billie yelled and the class quieted down a little. "Now, does anyone here know how to play guitar?"
The boy named Charles raised his hand. I was a little surprised.
"How long you been playin'?" Billie asked.
"Five years," he called back.
"Get your ass up here, then!" Billie yelled.
Charles ran up to the stage and jumped up. He ran over to Billie who handed him his guitar. Charles put the strap over his shoulder and took the pick that Billie held out to him. Billie then showed him what he would be playing and how to play it. When Charles nodded his head in understanding, Billie smiled and turned back to the rest of the class.
"Now we need a bass player! Does anyone here know how to play bass?"
Nobody raised their hand this time. I wasn't surprised.
"No one?" Billie asked, raising his eyebrows. "Well, then we'll just have to pick someone! No offense, Carrie!"
"That's alright, Billie!" I called back.
"Now, why don't we get a girl up here?" Billie said.
All the girls started screaming their asses off, jumping up and down and calling for Billie to pick them. Billie looked into the crowd and then pointed to Cynthia.
"You! Right there! The girl with the blonde pigtails! Get your ass up here!"
Cynthia sprinted toward the stage and practically launched herself onto it. She ran over to Billie. He asked her what her name was and she told him.
"Okay, Cynthia, go on over to Mike and he'll show you what you're gonna do," Billie told her.
She ran over to Mike and he took off his bass, draped it over her shoulder, and showed her how to play it. While Mike was doing that, Billie turned back to the crowd.
"Now all we need is a drummer. Do we have any drummers hear?"
A few people raised their hands this time. I wasn't all that surprised since there were drummers in the school band. Billie pointed to Edwin and yelled, "How long you been a drummer?"
"8 years!" he yelled back.
"Get up here, then!" Billie called.
Edwin ran onto the stage and Billie pointed him back to Tre', who had gotten up and was jumping around. Tre' gave Edwin a pair of drumsticks and showed him what to do. Edwin nodded and Tre' walked off to the side.
"Okay, now that we have our band, let's play some music!" Billie yelled and the remaining crowd went wild.
"The new band is gonna be playing a song for you called "Knowledge" by the band Operation Ivy," he told the class.
The class and I started clapping and screaming again as Billie told the new band to start playing. They were pretty good for it being the first time playing the song. Even Cynthia wasn't too bad on the bass. Billie was singing his heart out. I smiled and cheered along with everyone else.
When the song was over, Billie had the new band take a bow.
"Let's hear it for the band!" he yelled, gesturing toward the band. Everyone clapped and screamed.
"Okay band, come over here," Billie said. Charles, Cynthia, and Edwin all walked over to Billie and stood in front of him. Charles and Cynthia still had the guitar and bass on.
"I want you guys to know that you rocked and kicked major ass. Oh, and you can keep the guitars, picks, and drumsticks," he told them with a huge grin on his face. He then gave them all a hug. I thought Cynthia was going to faint. Billie, Mike, and Tre' then ran backstage and came back out with two other people I recognized as two of their back-up musicians, Jason Freese and Ronnie Blake. They were all wearing stupid hats and I knew it was time for them to play "King for a Day" and "Shout."
"We brought in two of our back-up musicians for this one," Billie told everyone. "But we still need one more person so that we can play the next song!" Billie then looked over to me. He held out his hand and said, "Carrie, why don't you join us on this one?"
I ran onto the stage and Billie handed me a guitar. I smiled and gave him a hug, then went over and took my place on Billie's right, where they'd set up a new microphone. I waited for a second, then Billie yelled, "King! For! A! DAY!"
Everyone started playing as Billie started to sing. He was running around the stage in his little plastic crown. I thanked God that he didn't start mooning the crowd. I could get in a lot of trouble if he did.
When Billie got into "Shout," the class was excellent with repeating the "hey ohs" and "hey hey heys" back to him. I repeated them, too, because they were my favorite parts of the song. When the song got to the part where Billie had to sing, "Little bit softer now, little bit softer now," we all started getting down on the ground. The class screamed even louder when Billie started humping the stage. Mike was kicking some major ass on the bass while we were on the ground, too. I then got up and ran off to the side of the stage, grabbed the cape that was hanging by the curtain, and ran back out, covered Billie with it, and then took my place back on the ground.
When Billie started singing, "A little bit louder now, little bit louder now," everyone stood up again and we blasted through the rest of the song. When it was finished, everyone clapped and screamed and jumped around like never before. Everyone on stage was smiling.
"Let's hear it for our back-up musicians, Jason Freese, Ronnie Blake, and your awesome teacher, Carrie Ericson!" Billie yelled into the microphone as Ronnie, Jason, and I all took a bow. I went over and returned the guitar to Billie and gave him a hug. He whispered, "Great job," to me and flashed me his charming smile.
Once I gotten off the stage and taken my place next to the class, the guys started to play "Wake Me Up When September Ends." So many of the girls, including myself, started to cry during the song. They played it even more beautifully than ever.
The guys went through a couple more songs and the class was still screaming as loud as they were when the band had first started playing. I was impressed at how well the kids were acting. I had kind of expected them to either not want to scream or bum-rush the stage. Both would have ended badly.
When Mike and Tre' walked off to the side of the stage and Billie was standing by himself in the center of the stage, guitar in-hand, I knew that this was the last song.
"This is the last song for the day," Billie said to a wave of groans. "We hope you all had a great time."
Everyone screamed and cheered. A smile spread across Billie's face and he started to play.
"Another turning point/a fork stuck in the road/Time grabs you by the wrist/directs you where to go..." The kids all got quiet and just listened to the song. The girls, myself included, began to cry again, and the guys just watched in awe.
When the song was over, the gym erupted with applause and screams. Mike and Tre' came back out on stage and they all took a bow. Billie threw his pick out into the crowd and they turned and walked offstage.

Once everyone had calmed down, we all headed back up to the classroom so that the kids could ask Billie, Mike, and Tre' some questions.
"So, first of all, how did everyone like the show?" I asked once everyone had taken their seats. I was answered with a tremendous amount of applause. The guys had huge grins on their faces and they took a small bow in thanks.
"So, it's now time for you guys to ask the band any questions you may have," I told them.
Every hand in the class went up. I stepped aside and let Billie, Mike, and Tre' have the floor. Billie looked around to see who to pick.
"Um... How about you, right in the back. The boy with the brown hair," Billie said, pointing to Gregory.
"When did you guys start playing together?" he asked.
"Well, before Green Day came along, me Mike were in a band called Sweet Children. We then changed our name to Green Day, but Tre' wasn't in the band yet. When our old drummer left, we met Tre' and he joined the band," Billie said. "So we've been a band for about 16 years."
"Sixteen AWESOME years," Mike added.
"Okay, next question?" Billie said. Everyone's hand shot up again. Billie pointed to Vera this time.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" she asked rather sheepishly. I tried hard not to laugh. I knew this question would come up, even though I'd already explained that Billie was married.
Billie laughed and said, "Actually, I'm married. I've been married for about 11 years and I intend to stay that way so that my wife and I can raise our two sons together."
"Then what are your wife and sons names, if I'm not crossing the line," Vera replied. I was surprised that she didn't seem more upset.
"My wife's name is Adrienne and my sons are Joey and Jakob," he replied.
"But I'm single!" Tre' cut in. Everyone started to laugh.
The rest of the questions were pretty routine. Why did you decide to play music? Where do you get inspiration? Who are your heroes? That kinda thing. I was happy to see that the class was enjoying the band's company. And the guys seemed to be enjoying the kids' company as well.
When all the questions had been asked, all the jokes had been told, and all the rumors had been either proven true or discredited, the class packed up their stuff and got ready to leave. They all looked so sad that I felt bad that the excitement was over for them. But before they left, the guys and I had one last surprise for them.
"Okay everybody, before you leave, Green Day and I have a special treat for you," I told them.
"Each of you get a copy of our latest album, American Idiot, signed by all three of us," Billie said.
Mike pulled a stack of CDs out from behind my desk and started handing them out. The kids all said their thanks when they received one.
Once all the CDs had been passed out, the guys said one last good-bye and I took a picture of the class with the band so that they could each have one to take home later that week.
"Well, that went even better than I thought it would," I said, sitting down in my chair after the class had left. I put my arm over my eyes out of exhaustion.
"Yeah, the kids are pretty cool," Billie said.
"Did you guys meet the principal yet?" I asked, lifting my arm off my face and turning to look at them.
"Not yet. When we went to his office, the secretary was the only one there. She gave us the okay to come up," Mike said.
"Then before we leave, we should probably go down so I can introduce you since he wanted to meet you," I told them.
"Do we have to?" Tre' whined like a little kid.
"Yes, we do," I told him, playfully punching him on the arm.
"Then we should probably get our stuff together," Billie said, grabbing his guitar case.

I led Billie, Mike, and Tre' down to George Kessler's office and knocked on the door.
"Come in," said a voice from inside.
I pushed open the door and led the guys in. Mr. Kessler looked up from his paperwork. A smile spread across his face as he saw who I was with.
"Mr. Kessler, I mean, George, these are my friends Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre' Cool. They're the band Green Day," I said, introducing the guys.
Mr. Kessler got up from his desk and shook each guy's hand. He still had a big smile on his face. "Well, gentleman, I would just like to thank you for coming in and playing for the students today," he said. "I suspect they had a good time?"
"We think they had a great time, Mr.?" Billie asked.
"Kessler. George Kessler," he replied.
"Well, Mr. Kessler, I think that we really gave the kids a fun time," Billie said with a small smile.
"I'm so happy to hear that," Mr. Kessler said. "And I must say that the students are very lucky to have such a wonderful teacher." That remarked kind of scared me. Especially when he gave me a really big, kind of unnatural smile.
"Well, we ought to get going," I said, breaking the awkward silence.
"Oh, of course, of course," Mr. Kessler replied, walking us to the door. "It was nice meeting you, gentlemen."
"Nice to meet you, too, Mr. Kessler," Billie replied.
Once I had closed the door and started off down the hall again, Billie turned to look at me.
"So, what's on the agenda for the rest of the day?" he asked.
"Oh, I don't know. Whatever you want," I said.
"Well, I don't know about you, but I could really use some coffee right about now," Mike said.
"Oh, I know of a really nice little coffee shop around my house," I said. "We could stop there on our way home."
"Cool," Mike replied.
When we reached my car, I put all my stuff in the trunk so that there would be more room for the guys. Then I stopped and turned around to look at them.
"Hey, how did you guys get here anyway?" I asked curiously.
"We called a cab since we didn't feel like raising attention with the bus," Tre' said. He walked over and handed me a flower.
"Here," he said, putting it in my hair.
"Thanks. And did you just pick it from the school garden?" I asked.
"May... Be," he said suspiciously as he climbed in the backseat of my Jag.
Once I'd driven out of the school gate's, I got onto the highway and started driving towards the small coffee shop I had mentioned. The guys and I talked and laughed while I drove and Tre' almost made me get into an accident when he yelled, "Deer!" and grabbed the wheel. I managed to regain control before we hit anything, existent or not.
I pulled up in front of the coffee shop, Cool Beans, and we all got out and headed to the door. Mike walked in first, heading straight for the counter. Billie, Tre', and I took a seat on the red, cushy couch in the middle of the shop.
"Why is there a random couch in the middle of the shop?" Billie asked.
"There used to be a big TV in front of it, but it attracted too many teenagers who would just come in, buy a bag of chips, and then sit in front of the TV and scare all the real customers away," I explained. "They took it out a little while after they opened so that they could get some real business."
Just then, Mike came over and sat down with us, holding a cup of steaming hot coffee. He gingerly took a sip and sat back on the couch.
"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go get a latte'," Billie said, standing up and walking over to the counter.
"Hey, Billie, could you grab me a chocolate chip muffin while you're up there?" I called after him.
"No prob," he said.
"You don't want anything, Tre'?" I asked, turning to look at my drummer friend.
He just shrugged and said, "Not right now. I'm watching my figure."
"I'm sure you are," I laughed. I turned and looked at Mike, who was still sipping his coffee. "How is it?" I asked.
"Good, not the best, but better than most places I've been to," he replied, setting it down on the coffee table in front of us.
Billie soon came back holding a muffin and a latte'. He handed me my muffin and sat down and took a sip of his drink. He let out a sigh and leaned back on the couch.
"What is it?" I asked, taking a bite of the muffin.
"It's just nice to be able to go somewhere and hang out with good friends without being mugged by fans," he replied, putting his arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. It was nice to see them again and have them all to myself.
We spent the next half hour in the tiny coffee shop, just chatting and being friends. I have to say it, I always have the most fun when I'm with Green Day. They're just such nice guys, you can't help but love them.
When we started getting tired of Cool Beans, we headed out the door and stood outside for a second, so that Billie could have a cigarette. It was nice out. Sunny and warm, since it was the end September, but cool enough so that you could wear long pants. Fall would roll around soon and then I would have to break out my warmer clothes. I wasn't very fond of the cold weather, but oh well, it was unavoidable since I didn't want to move to a place like Florida or California.
After Billie had stomped out the remainder of his cigarette, leaned up against my car.
"So, what do you guys wanna do now?" I asked.
"What time is it?" Billie asked.
I checked my Nightmare Before Christmas watch. "About 12:15."
"Then I vote on getting lunch," he said. "Know anywhere good?"
I thought for a second. "Well, there's a diner a couple blocks away from here."
"Then let's go there," he said, walking over to the passenger side of the car and opening the door. Mike, Tre', and I followed suit.
We arrived at the diner at about 12:30. It was a small place. It used to be really dirty, but it had just been remodeled and it looked very shiny and new, kind of like an old fifties malt shop. It still had some of the best food, though.
"Club Diner," Mike said, reading the neon sign out front.
"Yeah, it's one of my favorite places to eat," I said, locking my car. I led the guys up the steps and into the diner. There was a young girl standing behind the counter. She immediately got a shocked look on her face when she saw who I was with. Maybe she was a Green Day fan. Maybe she just thought one or all of them were hot.
"Seating for four, please," I said to the girl.
She snapped out of her trance, grabbed four menus, and said, "This way, please," leading us into the large area of the diner where it was crowded with tables, chairs, and booths. She set down the menus at the table and moved out of the way so that we could all take our seats. Billie and Tre' sat on one side, Mike and I on the other. We all grabbed a menu started looking through it. A waitress soon walked over and set down four small glasses of water. I never quite understood why they did that, but I wasn't about to ask.
"Can I get you folks somethin' to drink?" she asked.
"Pepsi for me," I said, looking up at her.
"Uh... Root beer for me," Billie said.
"I'll have a Pepsi, too," Tre' said.
"I'll stick with water," Mike told her.
"Okay, then," the waitress said, jotting down our drink orders. "Do you need a few more minutes to decide what you want to order?"
"Yes, please," I said, going back to my menu.
"I'll be right back with your drinks, then," she replied and walked away.
Once she was gone, I turned and looked at Mike. He noticed me staring and turned to look at me.
"What?" he asked.
"I was almost certain that you would have gotten another cup of coffee since your such a coffee freak," I told him.
"Well, it's true that you can never have enough coffee, but I decided to go for something different today," he said with a smirk.
"And you call water different, huh?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.
"In this case, yes, yes I do," he laughed.
At this point, the waitress had returned and was setting down our drinks.
"You folks ready to order or do you need a couple more minutes?" she asked.
"You guys know what you want?" I asked.
"Yeah," they replied.
"Then what can I get'cha?" the waitress asked, taking out her pad and a pen.
"I'll have chicken fingers and fries," I told her.
"Do you have vegetarian lasagna?" Billie asked.
"As a matter of fact, we do," the waitress replied.
"Then I'll have that," Billie replied, setting down his menu.
"Okay, and for you, hon?" she said, looking at Tre'.
"I'll have a burger with onions and fries," Tre' said.
"How do you want it done?" the waitress asked.
"Uh, medium well."
"And for you?" she said, turning to Mike.
"I'll have a chicken Caesar salad," he replied, closing his menu.
"What kind of dressing?"
"Blue cheese is fine."
"Okay, then, your food will be out in a bit," the waitress said, collecting our menus.
"Thank you," I said.
Once the waitress was out of earshot, I looked at Mike.
"What are you staring at now?" he laughed.
"You are a daintier eater than I am, and I'm a girl," I told him with a small laugh.
"So getting a salad makes you dainty?" he asked with a smirk.
"No, but getting salad with water does," I said.
"Well, what makes you so sure that Mike isn't living a secret life as a woman?" Tre' said from across the table. We all laughed and I said to Tre', "Tre', I would expect you to be living a secret life as a woman more than I would Mike."
"You found me out, you clever bitch, you," he said giving me a smile. Man, I love Tre'.

After we were done eating, we split the bill four ways and Billie offered to take care of the tip.
"Billie, you don't have to do that. I can pay it," I told him.
"No, you have treated us far too nicely in the short amount of time that we've been here and I want to help repay you, even if it's going to be in small increments," he said, pulling some money out of his pocket, counting out $20, and placing it on the table.
"Damn, Billie. 20 bucks?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
"What can I say, she was a good waitress," he replied with a shrug.
"You are far too nice to be my friend," I said, putting my arm around his shoulders. "What did I do to deserve you guys as friends?"
"Maybe we were a late Christmas present?" Tre' said.
"Maybe you were," I laughed as we all headed out the door.

The rest of the day went pretty fast. After we'd had lunch, we went to the movies to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Like I said before, I'm a Harry Potter geek.
After the movie, it was about 3:30. Since the day was still young, we decided to go to the mall and check out what new stuff Hot Topic had gotten in. They were now carrying Billie and Adrienne's clothing line, so we checked that out. All the people working there wanted Billie, Mike, and Tre's autograph. I didn't mind being pushed off to the side for a while. I loved watching the guys interact with their fans. And the guys seemed to enjoy it, too.

Later that night, after we'd gone everywhere we'd wanted to go, Green Day and I just sat around my backyard and hung out in my pool. I just got it put in that summer and it was heated so I could enjoy it all year round.
They guys and I took turns jumping into the pool, seeing who could make the biggest splash. Tre' won. He did the best cannonball EVER. But then he tried again and just belly flopped. The slapping sound it made was terrible, too. But me and Billie and Mike laughed our asses off the most when Tre' climbed out and his entire chest was red.
"Damn, that hurt!" he yelled.
"I bet it did," I said, still laughing really hard. "Don't worry, if it still hurts after a while, I have some aloe vera you can rub on it and it'll feel better."
"Why don't you do it instead?" he said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.
"No, that's okay. I think I'll pass on that," I laughed.
"That's okay. Billie will do it for me," he said, running over and putting his arm around Billie's waist. Everyone started cracking up again. Then Billie pushed Tre' into the pool. Then Tre' yelled, "Now!" and I felt two pairs of arms grab me, pick me up, and throw me into the pool. I screamed as I fell in and hit the water. I quickly swam to the surface and looked up at Mike and Billie. We all smiled at each other. I must be the luckiest person to have these guys as my friends.