Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Give Me Anything

"Did you meet the new guy the other day?" Farah asked me as I put my stuff down in the worker's room.

"No, I didn't stick around long enough to have the chance. Didn't he hire a few other people?" I retaliated with another question as I turned to face her.

"Yeah, but they're older than us. Maybe, late twenties and thirties. But the new guy is cute."

"I'm sure he is." I said, not paying much attention to what she was saying now. I had Alex Gaskarth running through my mind, and whether or not he was getting into more trouble.

At school, Jake had been suspended for a week for starting the fight, and Alex suspended for two days for participating. It was fair, I suppose; I didn't enjoy it a bit, though. It was a little weird at lunch, with Jack reappearing for the whole school day. I hadn't heard why he didn't come to school yesterday, but I didn't care much. I mainly chatted with Zack, and sometimes Rian, but didn't really talk to Zack.

The door to the room opened, and a guy I didn't know walked in. I looked at Farah, who was just trying to not smile.

"Guess this is the other girl you told me about?" He said to Farah, who nodded.

"Names John O'Callaghan." He greeted, setting his stuff on the metal table in the center of the room.

"Hey. I'm Delilah Clark." I told him.

"Like the song?" He questioned. I laughed slightly, and nodded my head 'yes.'

"Alright! Get to work!" My boss said, walking through and heading to his office. I laughed out loud. He had toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his beat up boot.

"They're some really interesting people." I said to Farah as we started cleaning up. I was commenting on the two new people. One was an older man, maybe the same age as Carl, and a woman name George who was twenty seven and finishing up college.

"Yeah, they are sometime else. What did you think about John?" She asked, wiping off a table.

"He's pretty cool, I suppose. Didn't get much of a chance to talk to him. Do you have any idea why we were so busy?" I asked, changing the subject.

"No clue. But it was annoying, it's only Wednesday. Its normally calm."

"Tell me about it. You want to go ahead and leave, I'll lock up." I offered.

"Uh, sure. That's cool. I need to start studying for the HUGE test I have tomorrow, anyways. Thanks, see ya tomorrow." She left, the bell dinging at the door when it opened and closed. I sighed, dusting my hands off on my pants, and did a clean sweep through the kitchen, which was fine. The door opened again, which I knew from the bell. I figured Farah had only left her purse on the counter. It was a reoccurring thing.

"Hey, I left something." John said coming into the back room. I squealed, falling to the floor from being scared. "Oh, sorry." He apologized, sticking his hand out and helping me up.

"It's fine, I just wasn't prepared for that." I laughed at myself.

"Are you about to lock up?" He asked, getting a notebook he had left on the metal table.

"Yep. Boss man had to leave early for a 'family emergency' of some sort." I commented, grabbing the cafe's key and heading towards the door. John followed behind me, exiting before me.

"How long have you worked here?" He asked as I locked the door.

"Maybe a year and a half. I think I started in the middle of my junior year." I told him.

"Oh, cool. I graduated from my high school last year back from my hometown."

"Sweet. I can't wait to get the hell out of here." I commented back, walking down the sidewalk towards my house.

"You live this way?" He asked. I nodded my head in reply. "I would've drove, but my car tire is flat. I live this way, too, but make a turn right in about two blocks."

"Ah, my friend's parents live down in that neighborhood. I know where it is. I keep going straight, though." I informed him nonchalantly. We talked some more until he had to turn to head home. When I arrived at the house, Carl and Karlise where in his room. Ew. Just.. ew.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm am happy to bare the news that there will be a sequel to this, if you guys want one, that is. Comment and let me know? Plus, I'll be having a new story out soon. I'll probably post a journal about it, though.