Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

The Towns Been Talkin'

few days later.

"This is getting ridiculous." Farah complained, flailing her hands around wildly. The cafe wasn't busy; there actually wasn't a single person in there besides the workers. "You've got to stop letting him do this to you, Delilah." She said, referring to Carl. I sighed, whipping the towel I was using to wipe off the counter, annoyed.

"What am I suppose to do, Farah? Tell me! Should I waltz into the house and approach him saying 'Oh, hey dad. You know, I'm getting extremely tired of you kicking the shit out of me! Maybe if you could slack it down a notch, please? I do have twenty three of your chromosomes, want to kill those?'" I nearly yelled, tears welding in the corners of my eyes. She had an horror struck look on her face, starring past me. I turned around to see what she was looking at.

More like who.

"Fan-fucking-tastic." I cried, walking towards the kitchen.

"Delilah, wait!" John pleaded, running in front of me.

"What?" I asked in a bored voice.

"Does.. does your dad really do that?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, that would be a pretty fucked up joke." I retaliated. Man, I hadn't ever cussed. It actually felt good to be getting those feelings out. Very good.

"Right." He said, slightly embarrassed.

"John, look. This is something I don't want anyone to know. Please, don't bring it up again. And don't pretended that I'm some fragile, delicate doll know that you conveniently know. Farah doesn't, so. please?" He smiled slightly, and nodded his head. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly, hugging him.

"Thanks." I said, leaving the kitchen, back to were Farah was sitting on the counter with her head in her hands.

"Farah." I greeted, touching her leg. She yelped, scared, and nearly fell off the counter. I busted out laughing, clutching onto my stomach has she regained her composure. "Sorry bout that." I said, still chuckling.

"I'm sorry Delilah, I shouldn't have pushed the situation to you like that." She said, sadly.

"It's fine, Farah. Don't worry about it. What you said is true. I just, you know I can't." I replied.

"I know, I know. But hey, it felt good to get that out, huh?" She joked. I nodded my head, smiling, and didn't bother with putting my apron on for today.

Time went by fast, and before I knew it, it was five. We had more customers come in after the whole situation, but it wasn't anything like a Friday. The guys, luckily, hadn't came in, because I had spent most of my time talking to John or the older woman. I found out her name was Linda Green, and she was a sweet, married woman.

John told me about how he wrote lyrics a lot, and that his parents and friends always loves his voice. I talked about Alex, and how I was really starting to like him, but he didn't really seem like he wanted to have a commitment type thing go on. He just told me to hang in there, that everything would some how, some way, be okay.

That was great advice, but deep down inside me, I didn't believe him.

When I walked through the front door, I heard Karlise was talking to Carl about being an actress. She would be an actress over my dead body. Carl looked extremely happy, which severely creeped me out. Then, he looked at me, and his mood switched. Quickly.

"What the hell are you doing home?" He asked furiously.

"I just got off of work.." I said, scared. He got up from his seat, walking towards me.

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

"Aren't you a little bit late." He sneered.

"As a matter of face, I'm early." I stated, instantly regretting it. Damn, I shoved my foot into my mouth on this one.

"What did you say to me?" He roared, picking me up me by my throat. Why is he going for it recently?!

"I--can-'t.. breat--he." I choked, clawing at his hands, trying to let him set me free. Karlise ran up, tugging on his shirt.

"Baby, please stop. We can be talking about my acting career instead of wasting out time on her." She whined. One of these fucking days, I'm going to get my hands on that bitch and when I do-

I was suddenly dropped to the floor, gasping for air.

"Get the fuck up to your room, you worthless bitch." Carl seethed, walking away with Karlise into the kitchen.

"Mother fucker." I cried under my breath, still having trouble breathing as I crawled up the stairs to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
JULY 7TH: NOTHING PERSONAL!
GET FUCKING EXCITED!!

:D so, I'm getting red and black highlights tomorrow, I'm so excited. i realize this is a filler, and it sucks. sorry. :\ but it was pretty important for future shit. so, comments and opinions? :)