Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

The World Has It's Shine,

I heard a glass bottle break and heavy laughter fill the downstairs area, and a few girls giggle obnoxiously. I rolled my eyes, flipping the page off the book I was reading. When I came home from 'work' I had to help make the alcoholic drinks and food, set the eating tables, and find the poker set in the attic. Then people began to arrive, and Carl made me open the door. More than once did I get suggestive remarks from his buddies, but quickly denied them on the spot.

I'm sure Carl would enjoy seeing me in more pain, though.

Karlise opened my door, demanded that I come downstairs and connect all the cords for her new stereo set she bought. I trudged down the stairs, feeling extremely uncomfortable. Some of the more drunken, desperate guys shot me more looks, while the married, non-lousy ones looked at their decks of cards. The women gave me what seemed like envious looks, which extremely confused me.

One good annoyed complaining from Karlise about all the confused, colored cords, two ass-slaps from creepers, and one of her friends trying trip me, I nearly ran for the stairs. On my way up, I heard one chick complain to Karlise saying..

"Why is she so pretty? She didn't even have any make up on." She whined. I almost stopped because of confusion, but didn't want to risk them calling me back. I doubt they would waste their time going back up the stairs. Music blasted from the speakers, some old music I wasn't too familiar with.

A few hours later, I was still awake due to the annoyingly loud music, loud yells and complaints, and things still breaking. Then, someone started beating on my door like there was no tomorrow. I heard a few footsteps come up the stairs, then a manly chuckle. I glanced at me digital clock on my night stand, which let me know it was only ten thirty two and night.

I quickly slipped my checkered vans on, luckily, still in my clothes I changed from after "work", which was just plain blue jeans and a blue t-shirt. I dashed towards the window, grabbing my jacket from the chair next to it, opened the window slowly, and carefully climbed out without falling to the ground amazingly.

I walked down the sidewalk, slipping into my jacket due to the chilly weather. As I made my way down Alex's street, I could easily hear the music pumping from the house. Good bass, I'm guessing.

Once entering the house, I was greeted by an amazingly sober Zack.

"Hey, Del." He smiled, pulling me into a hug. "I'm glad to see you showed up."

"Yeah, Carl was having a party." I shrugged. He pulled a disgusted look on his face, and then shuddered. Jack popped up, a beer in hand.

"Delilah!" He yelled over the music, and I could smell the alcohol on him.

"Hey, Jack." I smiled. "Have you guys seen Alex?" I asked neither on of them in particular.

"Yeah, I think he just went upstairs." Jack said, pointing in the direction. I nodded my head, excused myself, and headed that way. I opened a door, revealing a bathroom that had discarded clothes in the floor. Probably his, then. I then tried another door, and found his bedroom. But he wasn't alone.

Carly was sitting on his bed, smirking happily, while Alex allowed her to take off his belt. His shirt was already removed, thrown around the room somewhere with the pile of her clothes. I gasped, tears automatically filling my eyes.

What. The. Fuck.

"So, is this what normally goes on at your parties?" I asked, somehow not cracking my voice.

"Delilah?!" He shrieked, jerking away fromCarly the slut immediately. She now smiled from ear to ear, scooting backwards on the bed. I turned around, slamming the door, and running towards the stairs.

"Delilah! Wait!" Alex called as I ran down the stairs. I stopped on a step, spinning around.

"Don't, Alex. Just- don't." I commanded, making him stop dead in his tracks. I turned back around and descended the rest of the steps into the massive crowd of people. Zack looked at me with a worried, yet cautious face. I didn't bother to go over to him; I wanted the hell out of here. I pushed through people without caring who I hit.

I walked through the dew-sprayed grass, letting the bottoms of me jeans get wet.

"Del! Wait up!" A voice I recognized as Zack's yelled. I stopped, but didn't turn around. He caught up to me, turning me around.

"What's going on, Del?" He asked. Leave it to Zack to be completely worried about me.

"Why don't you go upstairs and ask Alex." I told him, finally letting the tears slip down my cheeks. His eyes widened, then his expression completely changed. He looked like he was going to rip someones head off.

"Go home, Delilah. I'll take care of him." He demanded, turning around and literally running back into the house.

I decided to go though front door, not even bothering climb back into the window. He could be me all he wanted.

"Where the hell have you been?" Carl snapped once I came in the door.

"I decided to not take the fucking chance to get raped by your piss-poor excuse of best friends." I spat before thinking over what to say. His bloodshot eyes widened with shock and anger, and I instantly knew I was in for it worse than ever. Karlise was now looking downstairs, nosing into see what was going on.

"I dunno who the hel-l you think you is, but I'm your father, and you don't talk to me like that." He stuttered.

"You stopped being my father the day mom died."

Oh, I was definitely in for it now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The World Has It's Shine (But I Would Drop It On A Dime For You) by Cobra Starship.

Readers: 452; Subscribers: 120; Comments: 88

Thanks a lot, you guys. I'm so glad for all the subs and comments!
Oh, I'm in a bad mood, and I needed to update. Then, you have this chapter. Don't eat me.