Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Nothing else feels real;

Most people are normally excited to get home from the hospital. Me, on the other hand, would rather stay there even if I hate the place and had been there for three days. Karlise was laying out in the yard on a plastic stretched lawn chair, huge sunglasses perched on her overly-pointed nose, and a glass of pink lemonade in her hand. Talk about overdone.

"Oh, you're back, are you?" She asked, not moving her head but still talking towards me.

"Obviously." I spat, heading towards the door.

"Don't get snippy with me, bitch. Your father will be back tomorrow, and I know he won't be happy to hear you've mouthed off to me." I rolled my eyes and went into the house, slamming the door behind me. I tossed myself onto my bed, not wanting tomorrow to come.

"You better have your ass ready for school!" Karlise yelled, pounding on my door. I groaned out, forcing myself not to roll over onto my ribs. The hospital had prescribed me pain killers, which Jack tried to buy from me. I took two tablets, jumped in the shower (figuratively speaking, of course) and threw on some clothes that were the easiest to grab from my closet.

I grabbed my messenger bag that was nearly empty, due to the fact that it was almost summer, and left the house quickly, not bothering to grab something for lunch. I would eat something there.

"Delilah!" Zack yelled, and waved me over once I had made it into the school courtyard. I slowly walked over to where him and Jack were sitting in the shade, sitting down on the concrete bench.

"You guys are actually here earlier than usual, I'm surprised."

"Yeah, we got bored at home." Zack explained.

"You still wanting to keep those pills?" Jack asked me. I laughed, rolling my eyes, even though he was serious.

"You can't have them, Jack. Where's everyone else at?"

"Not here yet. You know it's twenty minutes before the bell even rings." Jack said nonchalantly.

"How are you feeling, girl?" Zack asked, changing the subject and wrapping an arm over my shoulders.

"Good, I guess. My ribs aren't hurting as bad as I expected, and since we can't wrap them and all. I do have a constant headache, though."

"I wasn't referring to that, dear." He stated, shaking his head.

"Zack, I don't know.."

"Alright, alright, lets go ahead and head in, more people are starting to come."

"That's what she said!" Jack yelled, running past us and into the building.

"Delilah?" A voice came from beside me before lunch as I shoved my bag into it. I closed the door, and turned to face the person.

"Yes, Alex?" I asked, walking past him towards the lunch room.

"Can we talk?" He begged, meeting up with my pace.

"We're talking right now." I stated matter-of-fact.

"Delilah, please." He turned me around, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"What Alex?!" I yelled, getting the attention of some people around us. He looked taken back; I hadn't ever yelled at him.

Zack's Point of View.

"Okay dick wads. We've got to figure out a way to get cunt nugget and pretty lady back together." Jack stated, sitting down at the lunch table with a tray full of food. Pig.

"Obviously. Does either of you two have a plan?" I asked Rian and Jack. They both shook their heads, but Jack let pasta noodles dangle from his mouth. No wonder he didn't have a girlfriend. I rolled my eyes, frustrated.

"Maybe Farah will have something to tribute." Rian perked in.

"Rian you are such a.. genius! I've got it! We'll lure them both somewhere, we stay with Alex and Farah will stay with Delilah." It sounded perfect.

"I think you over-did the whole genius thing, Zack." Jack slurped his noodles noisily. Rian reached across the table, slapping him upside the head. Soon, the doors opened, and Delilah stalked in, looking annoyed, with Alex behind her a few feet.

This is going to be harder than I thought. Delilah may be a sweet, shy, quiet girl, but when she gets mad, it's hell on wheels.
♠ ♠ ♠
not quite sure what to say, guys.
i know there aren't going to be a lot of chapters to this story.
:\ it'll be coming to an end soon.