Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Sleepless Nights

I walked down the sidewalk, with my art book clutched firmly with against my chest. I walked fast, just to get home by the time I had to be back. I dreaded going there; it wasn't home. It was just.. shelter. I had to be at work by six, so I was going to have to finished my homework and shower quickly - while avoiding Carl.

Carl was my father, but to me, he was just Carl. Carl the abusive man.

A few cars and buses passed me, but I was forbidden to hitch a ride home with anyone. Carl wouldn't let me, saying that it was rude and unlady-like. A car slowed down beside me, and I noticed it to be Zack's.

"Hey! Delilah! You left this in history!" He said from the passenger side and was holding up a purse. I bet he looked manly walking through the parking lot with that. I smiled at him and grabbed the bag as he reached over Alex in the passenger seat to give it to me.

"Do you want a ride?" He asked generously.

"Zack.." I said, not feeling the need to explain what he already knew.

"Right, right." He mumbled sadly.

"Let's just fucking go." Alex demanded, an annoyed expression tainting his face.

"Dude, chill the fuck out. Bye Delilah."

"Get your ass in here and lock the door behind you!" Carl yelled from upstairs. I sighed, and put my stuff on the table next to the door and heading upstairs quickly. I went into kitchen -where he always was.

"Where have you been?" He slurred, clutching the glass beer bottle tightly in his left hand. He was already drunk and it was only 3:45 PM. Oh, crap. I was five minutes late. Last time I was late I

Whack!

A searing pain rose to my cheek, and I immediately recoiled by cupping my hand with it. I regretted doing that, because it only intensified the burning sensation. Tears brimmed at my eyes, but I refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing my cry.

"Fucking go upstairs and do whatever you do. Then get your ass to work!" He screamed at me, making me run from the room.

"Hey, you're early. Your shift doesn't start for another twenty minutes." Farah said to me as I walked in the kitchen of the cafe and back to the workers room. I nodded my head and looked down at the floor as I walked. She followed, which didn't surprise me. She was always somewhat noisy. But I didn't mind much. It was nice to have someone worrying about me every once in a while. "What's up?"

She lifted up my chin, and looked at my check.

"Oh, good grief. He did it again, didn't he?" She asked in a serious tone. I only nodded my head and shoved my bag into my locker. She opened hers, pulling an object out of her purse.

"Here, take this. It'll cover it up. Do it tomorrow when you go to school so he doesn't see you putting it on." She said, hanging me a compact.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"No problem. That's what friends are for. Go ahead and put some on, customers may get worried. I nodded my head and obeyed.

I approached a table of two girls, and took their orders. After I had gave the slip of paper with their orders to James, our cook.

"Hey Delilah! Can you get that group that just came in, I'm kind of busy!" Farah yelled from the kitchen. I sighed, and grabbed my notepad again.

"What can I get you to drink?" I asked, looking up then sighing lowly. Zach, and the biggest jerks of the school sat at the booth.

"Oh, look, if it isn't plain Jane." Jack laughed.

"Jack, shut the fuck up." Zach scolded, causing Jack to scoff, but shut up. "Just get four waters and we'll be fine." I nodded and scurried off towards the back.

"Farah, you've got to take them. I can't handle them, please." She looked at me confused, but took my note pad, and went towards the fountain machine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update :]
yayay.

comment and subscribe? :D