Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Yesterday is history.

I walked down the sidewalk after an extremely long day of school, expecting to have the reaper standing on my doorstep, ready to take me. A.K.A Carl. Instead, I saw Karlise crying on the steps, wailing at the top of her lungs for 'Carl not to do this!' I picked up my pace, not knowing what was going on.

"What's going on?" I asked her. She turned and looked at me, glaring.

"This is all your fault! If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't be kicking me out!" She raged, face completely red.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" I stuttered, so confused. A car pulled up in front of the house, honking its horn. She huffed, sneered at me once more, picking up her belongings, and went to the car.

Completely dumbfounded, I slowly went into the house, bracing for impact.

Instead, I was greeted with a clean house, and a delicious smell lingering around.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously, going up the stairs slowly.

"Delilah?! Is that you?" Carl called from the kitchen. What the fuck.. I walked in, seeing Carl over the stove stirring something in a pot. "Oh, good. You're home."

"Whats going on?" I pinched myself on the arm, making sure I wasn't dreaming. Nope, not a dream. That hurt like a bitch. I pinched myself on a bruise.

"I kicked Karlise out." He state nonchalantly.

"Well, I see that. But I mean, all of.. this." I motioned with my hands toward his cooking, and the spotless kitchen.

"Figured you would ask." Well duh, dumb shit. "Oh! Finished! Please, sit down at the table and lets talk while we eat. I obeyed, still utterly confused. He placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me, and took the seat across from me with his own bowl.

"Look, Delilah. I know I haven't been the best father, evidently. But when I had to sit in jail, I had time to think about what you said to me. I did turn into a raging alcoholic, and I'm so sorry. I can't believe how shitty of a human I was, and worse, a father to you. I've checked into a local rehab center, and I plan and getting a lot of help. I hope we can work things out." Somehow, I could tell that deep inside he was serious.

Talk about a major change, yeah?

"I hope you don't think things are going to change on a dime." I said lowly. They wouldn't. I couldn't just pretend that he had bruised up my enter face, or threw me through a screen door and down concrete stairs.

"I didn't intend for things to, Delilah. I just want to work it out, ya know. I remember when your mother was still alive, we got along better than any father-daughter couple I've seen my entire life. I still love you." I gave him a week smile, not sure whether or not to believe him.

"I'm going up to my room, I've got homework." I informed him, leaving my chair.

"Leave your plate, I'll get it." He told me, getting up too. I ran up the stairs, grabbing my bag on the way up, and plopping down onto my bed.

I wonder how long this is going to last..
♠ ♠ ♠
Terrible filler, but it's definitely need for later.
There's a few more chapters left before this is over. D:

Yes, there will be a sequel. I'll be putting up the page for it later.
thanks for commenting and subscribing!!

P.S: Did anyone see Alex's picture in the hot nurse outfit in the new A.P magazine? Well, you should see it, ;)

Poll: I can't decide on the title, I need you guys help.
A) Without You, I'll Be Miserable At Best
B) I Miss The Lips That Made Me Fly.
either way, it won't effect the plot, but i figured I would get your opinion. :D