Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

An actual chapter. :D

Delilah's POV.

Farah and I walked down the sidewalk, declining about offered rides from the guys. We decided to have girl-time, which Jack thought we were going to talk about periods and tampons.

"So, you and Alex." Farah laughed as we walked past the park.

"What about us?"

"Finally back together?" She asked.

"Well, obviously. And why the hell did you guys lock us in a room together?!" I yelled, shoving her playfully.

"It was the only way to get you two to talk again!"

"I'm sure we could've done it on our own." She looked at me with a 'like hell you would've.' "Okay, maybe not. But still!"

"I think you owe me a very gracious thank you." She smiled cheerfully, obviously proud with her work.

"Thanks, Farah. But I need to get home. I don't feel like pushing Carl's attitude any." She nodded my head, and I gave her a hug in thanks. We walked opposite ways, since she lived on the other end of town. When I got home, Carl was sitting on the couch with a laptop in his lap. He hadn't brought that out in years, since it was my mothers.

"Hey, good. You're home. I need to talk to you about something. Sit down." I obeyed, sitting on the couch on the other side of the room.

"What's up?" I asked, not liking the look on his face.

"The place I work for is moving to California. I either have the choose to quit, or go with them. With the way the economy is, I can't quit because I won't find another job anywhere. So, at the end of the year, we'll be moving to California." He explained.

"You're.. you're kidding, right?" I stuttered.

"I wish I was. But I was thinking.. This could just be a new start for us, if you look at it that way. We could move into a nice house, you could go to college at a close university, and leaving Maryland might be the best choice we have."

"What.. what about my friends? I have a life here."

"You have friends?" He asked. I shot a scornful look at him. "Right, of course you do. You're a pretty, smart girl." He ran hands through his hair. "I don't know what to tell you. I can't quit, unless you want to be homeless." He shut the laptop closed, and carried it up the stairs with him to his room. I sunk back into my chair, not able to think straight.

I was going to be moving across the country in less than two months. With no friends there.No Alex. Fresh out of high school. This was definitely a nightmare.

"Hey, Zack." I smiled sadly at him as he welcomed me in the next day.

"Whats wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leading us towards the living room. His mom was sitting on the couch, and smiled at me when I came in.

"I haven't seen you in a while, Delilah. How have you seen?" She asked, motioning for me to sit beside her. She was like my mom, since I haven't had one in a few years.

"Um.. I've been getting better, I suppose." I mumbled to her.

"So what did you want to tell me, Delilah?" Zack asked, sitting down a few feet from us on another couch.

"Oh, right. Well.. Imightbemoving." I said quickly.

"You what?" They both asked together.

Sighing, I replied. "Carl is making me move to California with him. His job is moving there, and it's way better. I don't think I have much of a say, since I'm only seventeen and fixing to be out of high school."

"There's got to be another way. I mean, you-you can't leave." Zack stuttered, shock written all over his face.

"I.. I don't know Alex. He's her father, he pretty much has every say so." His mom said sadly.

"Delilah." Zack whimpered. I looked up at him, and he looked like he was about to cry.

"I'll leave you two alone." His mom left the room, going out the front door.

"I don't want you to leave." He muttered as I pulled him into a hug.

"I don't want to leave, either. Everything just started going right. And now.. this." Realization then hit me. I was leaving. Moving across the entire country. Not having Zack, Farah, or Alex to be there for me when I wasn't okay. Tears began to pour from my eyes, and I clutched onto his shirt for support before I fell limp. My breathing started to rush, and everything went dizzy.

"Delilah! Breath!" Zack shouted, pulling my body to his and shaking me slightly.

"Hey dude! Ready for pract-" I recognized Rian's voice, but then it faltered.

"Delilah, calm down." Zack pleaded, stroking my hair.

"What's going on?" Alex asked, rushing over to the couch.

"She having a fucking panic attack!" Alex picked me up laid me against his chest, letting me feel his heart beat, which was a lot slower than mine.

"What are you doing?" I heard Jack ask him.

"Letting her feel my heart beat will help calm her down. I watched my aunt do it to my cousins a few times. Just give her a few minutes, it wasn't too bad. She'll be fine." Everyone muttered a few 'ohs' and sat down in random places in the living room. I started calming down, the

"Why did she have a panic attack in the first place?" Rian asked, sounding concerned.

"Erhm, I don't I'm the right person to tell everyone that." Zack told them.

"Delilah, are you okay?" Alex asked, pulling away from me.

"Y-yeah. I think so." I ran a hand through my hair, pulling it back onto my head.

"What is it, Delilah?" Rian asked, sitting criss-crossed on the floor.

"I have something to tell you guys.."
♠ ♠ ♠
D:
please don't kill me, or you won't know the ending or sequel.