Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Don't turn away.

Delilah's POV.

We all sat around Zack's basement, which they had transformed into a lounge. They all starred at me expectantly, waiting for me to tell them. Zack stood behind me in a chair, his hand rubbing my shoulder slightly in reassurance.

"What is it, Delilah?" Alex asked, confused.

"Uh, I don't know how to.. put it." Zack patted my back, and I took a deep breath. "I'm moving." I finally said, barely loud enough to hear, but the other three heard. A chorus of "whats?!" and I know I heard a "no fucking way" throughout them.

"Wha.. when?" Rian questioned.

"Sometime after graduation, I believe."

"Where to?"

"California." I mumbled. This time they didn't hear me.

"Huh?" Jack asked.

"California." Zack answered for me.

"California?!" Rian and Jack shrieked in sync.

"Yeah.."

"Alex, you alright?" Jack asked, causing us all to look at him. His face was completely blank; he looked empty. Then if changed.

"No. No, I'm not okay Jack. My girlfriend is moving across the country. How am I supposed to feel?! I'm- I'm just going to go." He grabbed his jacket that was draped over that arm railing beside the stairs, and we soon heard the front door open and close.

"What just happened?" Jack asked in a lost state.

"I guess Alex likes Delilah more then what we thought.." Zack said, his voice trailing off.

"I'll go after him." I sighed, standing up.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Zack inquired.

"Yeah, if any of you guys follow, I don't think he'll talk." I responded quickly.

"Right."

I walked out of the house, seeing Alex a few yards away, already down the sidewalk.

"Alex!" I yelled, running after him. He stopped dead in his tracks, causing me to run into him, making us both fall to the ground.

"Ah, shit." I cursed, brushing hair out of my face. I looked down, noticing I was on top of Alex. "My bad." I apologized, rolling off of him and onto the sidewalk. He lifted me up, letting me balance myself on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Alex." I apologized again.

"It's fine, Delilah. Stop apologizing." He waved it off, then shifted his weight around on his feet.

"We need to talk.." He muttered.

"How come that phrase has been coming up so frequently." I tried joking around.

"I have no idea. But we shouldn't do it hear in the middle of the street. Lets go back to my house."

"That's what she said!" I laughed, skipping down the sidewalk.

"Delilah! Wrong way." He laughed out.

"Ah, I knew that." I shuffled my feet the other way, tucking my tail between my legs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter, I know. But I'm stretching out the length to the last chapter.
Thanks for all the updates! I'll update soon!