Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Keep Me Here.

I folded the last shirt from my dresser, putting it into one of the cardboard boxes that was scattered across my room. I sighed, plopping down on my bed. I looked around, remembering my room as it used to be. Now the walls were vague, my desk were clear, and dresser's nearly empty. All that I had to really do was clear out my closet, take everything out of my night stand, and take off my bed sheets.

I leaned over my bed, opening the night stand. I peered in, trying to determine if I need a big box or normal size. I pulled out a book, noticing what it was The Perks of Being A Wallflower. I remembered why I loved this book so much.

It reminded me of myself.

Well, myself before I formally met Alex. I was just another girl that wasn't popular, didn't have many friends, and was shy.

Oh, how things change.

Thinking about California, I wondered what would happen. Maybe, just maybe, it would be the best for me. As in, I could start over. Not be thought to be some shy, innocent girl. I could make new friends, even though I loved the ones I already had. Plus, college would be great there, though it would be difficult to get a job there.

I laid the book on the night stand, hopping off my bed, and walking out of my room. I checked the house, noticing Carl wasn't home from work, and left. I walked into my backyard, which was freshly cut. I slipped off my shoes, walking through the mushy grass. I sighed, looking up into the cloudy sky. In two days, I would be leaving, counting today. Tomorrow, I was going to be hanging out with everyone.

I looked down at my now light green feet, laughing lightly. I skipped around lightly, making my way back to the pond that Karlise demanded my father install before he kicked her out. It had some Koi fish in it, along with a few regular gold fish. I sat down on the concrete bench that was next to it, dipping my toes into it. I giggled when they started nipping at my toes. I peered out beyond my yard, looking out into the meadow behind my house.

There was wheat grass about mid-thigh high, swaying with the wind. A few colorful wildflowers poked above it in random patches. Randomly, something touched my shoulder. I jumped up and screamed, but lost my balance, and fell into the pond. I came back up, my hair all in my eyes and my water-drenched clothes clinging to my body. Heavy laughter filled the air, and I looked around to see who caused me to fall in.

"Sorry about that." I heard Zack apologize, and then saw him stick a hand out to help me.

"Damn you, Zack. Could've said something!" I snapped, hitting his shoulder slightly.

"I said I was sorry! I didn't think you were going to flip a lid!" He defended, helping me sit back down on the bench. I smirked, rolled my eyes, and then laughed.

"It's fine, dude. Don't worry."

"So, what are you doing back here, you haven't been back here since.. you know." He rambled at the end. He was referring to the area of my backyard we were at. This is were my mom had her stroke, which led to her death. It was caused by too much stress, mainly from work, though.

"I just, figured I would come back here before I left." I replied, biting my bottom lip hard to prevent myself from crying.

"You're going to be okay, Delilah. You're a tough girl, California won't be too rough on ya."

"Let's hope." I smiled weakly.

"Aw, don't be so sad, you'll get wrinkles on that pretty face of yours. When does Carl get off from work?"

"In about twenty minutes. I've got to help pack stuff up from the basement and living room, then we're finished."

"Alright, I'm going to head off, then. Oh, but, I'm supposed to give you this." He handed my a small envelope, ruffled my hair slightly, and then left. Curiously, I opened the white envelope and pulled out a regular, college ruled paper with pen writing on it.

Delilah, Zack better give this to you. Before you leave tomorrow, meet us at the park tomorrow at eight in the morning. If you leave before than, know I love you.

-Alex
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler :\ But I needed to update!
So, I'm sure I'll end this in the next chapter. then the sequel will begin.
yayayayay!

who's going to see harry potter Wednesday! you better! :]