Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Every night I miss you.

Looking through the remaining boxes of clothes that I own that were still in the house, I looked for one that had a sweater. It was anything but cold outside, but I had the chills. Probably from moving. I checked shorts pocket quickly, making sure the note I had written was still in it.

"I'll be right back." I called through the house.

"Alright, be back before nine thirty. The moving truck will be leaving then." I looked at the clock, and noticed it was 7:40. Maybe I was early, but oh well. I found my sweater, and headed out. I walked down the sidewalk, letting the wind blow my hair anyways it pleased. I didn't bother to look presentable, I was going to be in a car for only God knows how many hours later.

When I approached the park, I noticed someone sitting on a swing. I shuffled leaves on my way towards them, causing them to turn around. I laughed, Jack's face had fear written all over he. He smiled weakly when he noticed it was only me, and I took the swing next to him.

"Hey." He said. I pushed my feet against the ground, making me moving slightly.

"Hey Jack." I whispered, not really finding my voice. We sat silently for a few more minutes, until Jack finally broken the awkwardness.

"Look, Delilah. I'm sorry for the way I've treated you over the years. I know it was fucking lame, and right now is a terrible to be apologizing. What I'm trying to say is, you weren't the person I thought you where. You're a terrific girl, and you're perfect for Alex. I'm going to miss you." He said, looking down.

"Thanks Jack, that means a lot. Really." I heard talking, and Jack obviously had too, causing the both of us to turn around. Behind us was Alex, Zack, Farah, and Rian. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be leaving without crying, which Farah had already successfully manage to start. I didn't bother getting up, and neither did Jack.

"Hey guys." Rian said, walking around to the other side of Jack.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Delilah!" Farah cried, tackling me off the swing and onto the ground, making the two of us land on the dirt underneath it. Hitting the ground with a loud groan, Farah wrapped somehow wrapped her arms tightly around me.

"Aw, come on Farah!" I complained, trying to get up with her still on top of me.

"I'm sorry." She whined, wiping tears off her eyes. "I just wanted to be the first to hug you. I'm going to miss you so fucking much." She cried on my shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you too. So much." Zack managed to pull her off of me, to only pull me into a hug himself.

"I'll never forgot you, best friend." He whispered.

"Same, Zack. You were the first best friend I've ever had, there is no way I'll forget you." I mumbled into his chest. He backed up, and Rian stepped forward to hug me.

"Have fun in Cali, girl. Hope to see you there one day." He joked, trying to keep the mood light. I laughed, finally letting a few tears slip. He let go, walking back over towards Jack and leaning against the swing-sets pole. I turned back around, seeing Alex starring at me.

"Alex." I said lowly.

"Come on, you guys, let's go." Zack said, ushering everyone away. I waved slightly, more tears spilling past my tear ducts.

"Delilah, come here." Alex commanded, and without much thought, I allowed myself to be pulled into his arms. "My shirt still looks great on you." He murmured, making me look into his eyes.

"I hope you don't mind me taking it. I-I want to keep something else of yours other than this." I told him, playing with the heart necklace.

"I definitely don't mind, love. Stop crying. You're going to be fine in California, and I promise we'll meet again. I'm never going to stop loving you." I nodded, tugging him down to me by his shirt and kissing him on the lips. I slipped the piece of paper that I had brought into his pocket successfully without him noticing.

"I'll love you, forever." I said, biting my bottom lips, backing up, and turning to leave. The wind had stopped blowing, now, and the sun was no longer visible. It was as if the weather was being effected by my mood.

Alex's POV.

I watched Delilah walk away, and the wind had stopped blowing. I ran a hand through my hair when she was gone, feeling my heart break into. This was it -the last time I would see my first true love. I sat on the ground, feeling nothing but pain. I heard footsteps, and saw Rian re-entering the park.

"Hey bro, let's get you home before it storms again."

"Yeah." I got up, having Rian pat my back in a sad manor, and walk behind me slightly.

When I got home, I pulled my jeans off to go back to bed. I noticed a small piece of paper sticking our of my pants pocket that I hadn't remember putting there myself. I opened it, and silently read what it said..

Alex, don't wait around for me. Get out there, fall in love, make music, just be happy. There's no positive chance we'll meet again, but I'll never stop loving you. Remember that, please. -Delilah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Tonight by FM Static.
most of the sequel will probably be based on that song, so I would go listen to it. :D

fdgfdjvs last chapter. /:
I would like to think everyone that commented, and I'm glad that you guys did. i wouldn't had continued the story without the support of you guys. have you noticed how these always sound the EXACT same. :D hahaha. alrightyyy,

but thanks to all the 927 readers that i had. this story had more than harder than you know. ayayay. whenever i hear the song "the girls a straight up hustler." i think of my first story. tehe. okay! I'm finished!

subscribe to the sequel, it'll be posted within a week or two.
hopefully.