Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Six Feet Under The Stars

I tapped my pencil on my leg as I sat in my desk in art. Alex was in front of me, and the head cheerleader, Carly, was to my left. Our teacher, Mr. B -I didn't know his real name- wasn't in the classroom so everyone was talking. Other than me, of course. Carly was twirling her hair and trying to keep Alex's attention. I'm not sure why, actually. He wasn't her typical type. She normally went for Abercrombie and Hollister wearing boys, not Glamour Kills.

Alex turned around completely in his desk and faced me. I glanced up at him from my drawing pad, giving him a questionable look.

"What?" I asked, shutting my notebook. I didn't want people looking at my artwork. It was one of my horrible pet peeves.

"You're seriously into this art class, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded my head. I actually was. I loved drawing. People were my favorite, but I could also do some other things, too.

"Of course she is. It's not like she has any friends to preoccupy her time with anything else." Carly snorted, her little friend in front of her joining in with laughter. She was the co-captain. Completely jealous of Carly. She didn't have much of a name like she did, either.

"Hey, back the fuck off, will ya?" Alex retorted. She scoffed at him, then glanced at me.

"Is she like, paying you to stick up for her or something?" I didn't look up to see the argument going on, but starred at my mixture of colored cover.

"No, she isn't. Unlike you, she's not going to sleep with someone just to get attention. You aren't even that pretty." He shot at her. I stifled a laughed; I didn't want anything else started.

"Like she is?" Her friend, I think her name is Jessica, added her two sense in.

"Yeah, she is." Well, that surprised me. "And her beauty is natural, not too much caked on make up that puts more chemicals into the atmosphere than cars do." I bit my bottom lip so hard.That was sweet of him.

"You're going to regret that." Carly snarled, getting up from her desk and going to the other side of the room. Jessica whimpered, gathered her notebooks, and followed suit.

"You know that you're probably going to regret that, right?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"Maybe, maybe not. It was worth it." He smiled. I shook my head again. "How come you don't take up for yourself? You can't let people run over you like that Delilah."

"I know, I know. It's just - I'm sooo shy, and no one has ever really payed much attention to me, so I'm not used to really having to use my voice." I replied.

"Well, with you talking to me, you're sure to have more people noticing you. Not to sound cocky or anything."

"So you think I'm pretty?" I questioned boldly, changing the subject. I usually wasn't really much for saying what I thought, but being around Alex made me completely comfortable for some reason.

"I think you're beautiful, Delilah. Especially when you blush." I'm sure my cheeks were a rosy red, resulting in that comment.

"Well, Mr. Gaskarth, I think you are quite handsome yourself."

"Mr. Gaskarth. Hm. I like the sound of that." He laughed, turning around in his seat as Mr. B came in the door twenty minutes after class should've started.
♠ ♠ ♠
..I don't feel too hot.