Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

Miserable At Best

"Are you sure you're okay?" Zack asked as I started walking towards my house. Everyone was leaving to go home, now, and I was already late. The rest of the guys were at Jack's car, except Zack and Farah. She was heading back to her house, though.

"Zack, I'm sure I'll be coming back to school in at least one piece tomorrow." I joked.

"Delilah, please don't don't joke about that." He scolded. "I just wish you would let me give you a ride to your house."

"Yeah. And have a very, very, emotional sex talk with my father? No thanks, I'll pass. I've walked home this late home before, nothing new." He chuckled slightly.

"Just, please be careful." He said, pulling me into a hug. I kissed he cheek before I turned around and started walking towards my house.

I walked through the door, and I found Carl passed out on the carpeted, living room floor, clutching a Budlight against his side for dear life. I turned off the television he had left blasted, but didn't bother messing with him. It would only result for the worse in my condition.

I made a cup of coffee to keep me awake so I could study for the calculus test I had tomorrow. It wasn't complicated for me, but I had to keep my grade up. The last thing I remember was setting my coffee mug down on my night stand and falling asleep.

Carl wasn't here when I woke up. Again. Not that I have any complaints, at all. But where the hell does he actually go?! It's not like we have any family to visit, and God forbid he actually get any decent friends. He probably got another fuck buddy. Poor girl.

When I came in from a long day at school, Carl sat on the love seat, his arm tucked behind atrashy woman's waist. She was in a mid-thigh, neon blue snake skin skirt. Her white, see through top clung tightly onto her chest and stomach, showing her somewhat defined abs. Her hair, though, stunned me. It was a dark brunette, with black highlights. It fell into looks ringlets onto her shoulders.

He smirked as I came through the front door. Fantastic. Those looks never ended in the best for me.

"Uh.. Delilah! Right! I want you to meet my new girlfriend, Karlise." He said, motioning towards her.

"Nice to meet you." I said politely, even though I was all for running up to my room.

"Ditto." She replied, smacking on a piece of gum in her mouth. It took all I had in me to not roll my eyes.

"Karlise is going to be living with us from now on, understand. I expect you to have manners for her. Or else. Got it?" I nodded my head. "Good. Now, go clean up and go to work." I ran upstairs, and tosses my empty messenger bag onto hardwood floor of my room. I retreated into the bathroom down the hall, cleaning the entire thing for an hour straight.

When I opened my door, Karly or whatever her name was, was about no knock on my door. She smirked wickedly, and pushed herself into my bedroom.

"Look. While I'm here, I don't expect you to give me any lip. You do, any you're going to face the worst nightmare you've ever experienced in your life." She seethed, looking me up and down in a disgusted manor. I followed her out the door, and she turned into Carl's room. Ew. I left the house hastily.

I didn't have work, even though Carl believed I worked everyday. When I didn't work, I walk down to the park and get an ice-cream cones. If it was raining, I ran to Zack's house. I wasn't completely sure where Farah lived. It was warm outside, so I decided to just walk around everywhere. I walked towards the way I would normally take to work.

I walked past houses (I was a good three blocks away from mine), observing them without trying to look like a creeper. I heard music playing on down the street, and what sounded like a guy singing. It was coming from Zack's garage; which was wide open. Alex was standing at a microphone standing, singing lyrics. Jack and Zack both had guitars while Rian was on a nice drums set.

Zack noticed me walking, and flagged me down. He set his guitar up in a stand, and ran out towards the sidewalk.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked, catching up to me.

"Just.. walking I guess. I don't have work. Carl has a new girlfriend that's already complaining at me. I was just strolling around." I replied.

"Well, come over! We just finished band practice, you're more than welcome to tag along." I sighed, but joined anyways. How would Carl know? It not like he had anything to do with me in the first place.

"Guys, Delilah's going to be joining our little hang out.. thing we have going on." Zack muttered the end. We all went into the living room, and Zack went into the kitchen and emerged with four sodas and a bottle of water for me. Alex and I sat on the love seat, Rian and Zack on the couch, and Jack was on an individual chair.

"Thank God we get a girl around here, it's a fucking sausage fest." Rian joked. I snorted out a laugh, making everyone laugh at me. But Jack. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"What's your problem with me?" I asked him suddenly and unexpectedly.

"What do you mean?" He retorted.

"You're always dismissing me and rolling your eyes at nearly everything I do. I would like to know what the hell I did." My God. Did I actually just say that. They were rubbing off on me. Everyone looked at me, completely surprised.

"You want to know why I don't like you?"

"Yes! That's why I managed to actually speak up in the first place!" I all but yelled. Alex placed his hand on my arm, probably hoping to calm me down.

"You act like this innocent, delicate girl that hasn't done anything wrong. You give off the notion that people should just assume that you're a great human, and that you have this perfect little life with a mom and a father sitting at your feet and making your every wish." He spat. Zack looked at him wide-eyed, then looked at me.

"You don't know anything about my life, Barakat. Or me, as a matter of fact." I retaliated. I stood up from the couch and headed towards the front door. I heard something drop, then a loud, 'ow, what the fuck?!' I was opening the door when someone stopped me. Alex turned me around, looking down at me.

"Delilah, why are you crying? What's wrong?" He asked me.

"Alex, just... don't." I murmured, trying to leave again, but he wouldn't let me.

"Come with me." He demanded, taking my hand and leading me upstairs. I hadn't ever been in Zack's room, and I figured thats where we were headed.

"Now, what's wrong." He asked, shutting the door behind us as we entered the room. Band posters from Metallica to New Found Glory were all over his dark blue walls. The bed was against a wall, parallel to the window facing the right.

"I don't want to talk about it." I muttered, throwing myself on Zack's bed.

"Obviously it's bothering you. Maybe it's best to let it out." I huffed, knowing he was right.

"My mom died in a car crash when I was ten. She was heading to my grandmother's house to pick me up for my birthday party. Carl, or my dad, whatever, is never home. I'm sure if it wasn't for the legal system and the chance of him going to jail, I wouldn't be living under that roof." I told him, messing with my necklace on my chest.

"Shit. I'm sorry Delilah." He pulled me into a hug, and I rest my head in the crook of his neck. He ran his hand over my hair and rested his chin on my head. I enjoyed actually having someone other than my best friends to listen to me. I liked the nice Alex.

"Delilah?"

"Yeah?" I asked him, mumbling into his neck. He pulled away slightly, cupped my checks..

And kissed me.

Alexander Gaskarth was kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayayayay. six stars! thanks so much to everyone who commented. i would individually thank you all, but I'm trying to hurry so my computer doesn't get struck by lightning.
Storms = FTL.

I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything, but I have quite a few subscribers, but i don't get a wide variety of people commenting. I love the comments from the people I'm getting. but please, don't be a silent reader, Lol! come out into bright side. :]