Status: Finished

The Best Part of Believe Is Lie

I Caught Myself

He cupped my check, rubbing his thumb lightly over it. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I could tell he was shock; he wasn't the only one. I was surprised at myself. I definitely wasn't known to be aggressive, at all.

I pulled at his hair while my hands found his hips, letting the kiss become hotter. Not a moment later, feet bounded up the stairs. I pulled away from Alex quickly, straightening out my shirt whether it was messed up or not. Alex sighed heavily, but stood up and walking over towards a computer desk and sitting in a chair. Zack opened the door, coming into his room.

"Hey, Delilah, can I talk to you?" He asked wearily.

"Yeah, sure." I sighed softly. Alex casted a worried glance at me, but stood up and left anyways.

"I'm so so sorry for what Jack said. It was completely uncalled for." He apologized.

"It's fine, Zack. Really."

"No, it isn't. He doesn't know shit about you, and you didn't deserve that. Now, come back downstairs. Please." He begged.

"I don't know.. it's getting late and I should be heading back to the house." I said, creating a horrible excuse.

"Delilah, your father thinks your shifts always end at seven. And it's only," he glanced down at his cell phone in hand, "five twenty seven."

"Fine." I huffed, letting him win. We went downstairs, and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Jack." Alex seethed. Jack sighed loudly, running a hand through his dark hair.

"Delilah, I'm sorry. I don't know you and I had no room to say anything like that to you." Jack said, not looking up once.

" 'skay, Jack." I replied as Zack wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulling me to his side.

"Come talk to me." He said simply, leading us out towards his backyard through a sliding glass door. There was an old swing set in his back yard that we used to play on all the time when we were little and my mom was still alive. Back then, my dad wasn't an alcoholic. He loved spending time with me, and nearly cried when I started school.

We walked to the old swings, and Zack wiped all the pollen off of them for both of us.

"So, what's going on with you and Alex?" He asked randomly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, baffled he asked that.

"Oh, don't shit me. I'm your best friend. You're practically glowing, other than that little green bruise on your face. Which reminds me, how's your ankle?"

"It's a lot better, I can walk on it without the pain." I informed him, starting to swing. He got off of his, and approached the rear of mine and pushed my forward gently, just like old times.

"Thats good to hear, at least. I really just wish you could get away from there."

"Yeah, you're not the only one. But I've got faith that something will prevail positively from it." I said cheerfully.

"Always the optimistic one." He laughed, me joining in. It was true. I never tried focusing on the dark, depressing sides of life. I could always bring up the '..on the bright side' phrase somehow.

"Whats that new bitch like?" He asked randomly. I barked out a laugh, and shook my head.

"Terrible. She looks like she was pulled out of some horrific 80's music video. I swear, she had on this bright blue snake patterned leather skirt and a white shirt. It was disgusting." I said, hatred dripping from my voice. I was really starting to change, personality wise, that is. I had been around them too much lately.

"Sounds like something my mother would've worn during her rebellious years." He joked, but was probably completely serious.

"Thanks, Zack." I said, and stopped swinging. He looked down at me questionably. "For being there, I mean. Sure, I have Farah and all, but you just know how to make my day ten times better, which no one else can do. I'm glad you're my best friend." I said smiling at him. He grinned back down at me, and pulled me up from the swing and into a tight hug. He kissed the side of my head, and I could feel his smile.

"I'm glad you're my best friend, too. Just know I'm here for anything that you need, Delilah. I'll never let you down." He promised. I nodded my head against his chest, since he was way taller than me. A tear slipped down my check, and a tried to hide it, but wasn't very successful.

"Aw, why are you crying?" He asked, wiping it away.

"I'm just.. happy I guess. I haven't been completely happy for a while now, ya know?" I laughed lowly.

"Yeah, I know." He smiled. "What's going on with you and Alex. No avoiding it, either."

"I don't know, really. I guess I like him, sort of. He's nicer than what I figured, and isn't half as bad as the girls in the hallways say." I told him. He just nodded his head.

"Just, don't get yourself hurt, please?"

"I didn't plan on it. I get enough of that at home." I joked. He gave me a hard look, making me shrink back a little. "But speaking of home, I really need to get back. I'll see you tomorrow at school." He just nodded his head again, and let me walk past him to leave. I didn't bother going back into the house, I went out the gate next to it and started walking back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, nice Jack
(: