Here You Go Again

Here You Go Again

There you go again/looking better than a boy has a right to….

It’s a sad day when Dolly Parton is the only one able to accurately convey your teenage angst. Your pain and your unrequited love. Even the strongest of us fall of the wagon sometimes, and when we do, we do things we aren’t proud of. I have a box of country music in my room to prove that point.

I doubt you listen to country. I bet there isn’t even a Taylor Swift song on your iPod.
I bet it’s filled with thrash metal, sensitive acoustic-pop, cool things that us common people haven’t yet heard of.
You liked Jeff Buckley before Jeff Buckley was cool, and own every Metallica single on vinyl, because that’s you.
It’s like you’re sent from hell by some sick sadistic bastard who wants me to hurt for whatever reason.

There’s a certain smile you have that’s hardly ever seen, but when it is, it’s so beautiful it hurts. You are beautiful. From the mess that is your hair, to your scuffed school shoes i can’t believe you get away with, you are flawless.

Some people don’t see it that way. They don’t like you, they stay away from you. I can’t stay away from you. I’m a dreamer by nature, and when you smiled your special, painful smile at me for the first time, there was no turning back.

When you hugged me, I fell farther, and now I’m drowning in a sea of unneeded adjectives and teenage heartbreak, all because of you. And when you called me, ‘the sister I never had’, the world went cold. You’re not my brother. You can’t be because I love you.

Sometimes I scream at you because I don’t know what else to do. Sometimes I wish I’d never met you, and I hold that conviction until the next time I see you, and then I wish I’d seen you sooner. My friends tell me to move on. My head tells me to move on. Every piece of me screams ‘I HATE YOU’ every time you’re close, every piece except my heart. My heart contracts and constricts and I can’t breathe because of the weight you put on my chest. Every time you’re with me and you’re talking to her I want to cry. But I don’t. I put on a brave face like a good little girl and smile through clenched teeth, because I’d rather be your sister than not know you. I should win an Oscar.

A kiss with a fist is better than none
♠ ♠ ♠
The first and last lines are song lyrics, the top one by Dolly Parton (sorry but she's a legend) and Florence and the Machine (check them out)
i apologise in advance to any country fans.