True To Me

Two.

Early Friday morning, Kodi was just waking up,and she felt great. A nice long sleep is what she needed. She was off school today,so she planned on relaxing all day in the backyard hammock,reading Gossip Girl. She picked up her shorts from yesterday and felt the pockets,trying to find her phone.

"Shit," She mumbled,dropping the shorts. Where was her phone?!

"Mom,have you seen my phone? I can't find it!" Kodi yelled.

"No,sweetie! I'm off to work though,I'll see you later and bring home some pizza." Her mom smiled,coming in her daughters doorway.

"Okay mom. Love you." Kodi smiled,kissing both of her mothers cheeks.

"I love you too,baby." Her mom replied,blowing another kiss then heading down the stairs. Kodi huffed,tapping her foot on the carpet. Just then,the home phone rang. Kodi jumped over piles of clothes and shoes to make it to the hallway. She picked up the phone,panting.

"Hello?!"

"Hi. Uh.. Kodi?" A male's voice asked her. She scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Yeah?Whos this?" She asked,leaning against the wall.

"Um.. my name's Mason. You,uh,went past me and my friends yesterday and I think you dropped your phone. I'm calling you from it right now."

Kodi's memory jogged,trying to remember.

"OH! Hi." She laughed. "Thanks for picking it up,Mason."

She could hear him smiling. "You're welcome. Hey,where should we meet? So I can give you your phone back.''

"Oh,uh.. I dunno. You could come over here if you want? I'll make cookies,as a thank you." She laughed.

"Cookies!? Sweet! .. I mean,yeah. Sure. Where do you live?Oh,and do you mind if I bring Trace with me?"

"No problem. I live on 4529 River Place. It's a big,blue house with a huge bay window in front,and a white mercedes in the driveway."

"Gotcha. I'll look for a big window and a fancy-ass car."

Kodi laughed again,"Exactly."

"Alright.I'll see you in a few minutes." Mason laughed with her. "Seeya."

"Bye."

Kodi hung up and laughed to herself. She didn't have much time to get ready,so she hauled on a white long-sleeved shirt with a blue,green and gray argyle print across the chest,a pair of grey skinny jeans and black flipflops. She fluffed her hair out and put on a heavy line of black eyeliner and a few coats of mascara. A spray of Shania Twain's Starlight and she was set. But as a second thought,she went back and tied a green headband around her head,locking her bangs in place. She smiled at her reflection and hopped down the stairs.

"Giiiiiiirl,tell me what to do,giiiiiiirl. I'm so in love,I'm so in love with,you,you,you,uh oh!" She sang loudly as she placed the cookie dough on the sheet. She sat at the island with a bottle of water,waiting for Mason,Trace,and most importantly,her beloved phone.

After about 10 minutes,the doorbell rang.

"Coooooomiiiiiiiing!" She sang,running into the foyer. The doorbell kept ringing,and she could hear Trace and Mason laughing on the other side. Kodi peaked through the spy hole,and was met with a big,chocolate brown eye.

"HOYL SHIT!" She screamed,jumping. She opened the door with her arms folded,her left hip popped out and a teasing glare on her face.

"You scared me." She scolded Mason,who was smiling. She noticed,for the first time,that he was very,very cute. Kinda like a teddy bear in red skinny jeans.

"Sooooooorry. Hug it out?" He grinned,opening his arms.

"Mason,dear,I hardly know you." Kodi laughed,opening the door wider for them to come in. "Hi Trace." She smiled at him,earning a wink. Kodi blushed and lead the way to the kitchen.

"You called me dear,though!That's gotta count for something." Mason whined.

Kodi took the cookies out of the oven,put them on a plate and set them in front of the boys. She sat across from them,tapping her purple fingernails on the island. The boys ate the cookies and asked Kodi questions about herself.

"I bet a pretty little thing like you has a boyfriend,am I right?" Trace asked,smirking at her. She rolled her eyes,swallowing her cookie.

"Please. Like I'd ever waste my time with any of these creatures around here." She saw Mason glance at Trace,a worried expression on his face for about two seconds. She said nothing about it,though.

"Hey, I forgot about the reason we came here. Your phone!" Mason grinned,taking the Sidekick from his pocket and laying it in front of Kodi. She squealed,picking up the phone and hugging it like she hadn't seen it in decades. She raced around the table,hugged Trace then hugged Mason twice as hard.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"

"You're welcome! Heeey,Kodi,wanna come to our show tonight? I mean, if you really wanna." Mason asked sweetly,flicking his hair.

Kodi grinned,still hugging her phone. "Of course! Can I bring my best friend?"

"Is she hot?" Trace countered. Kodi laughed.

"Sure she is. Tall,brunette,cute,funny."

"DIBS!" Trace yelled at Mason,who rolled his eyes. Kodi stood up and put the plate in the sink,running some water over it.

"Dude,we gotta split. Sound check is in an hour." Trace told Mason. They stood up too. "You'll be there tonight,Kodi?" Mason asked her.

"For sure. Don't forget to tell your gaurds or whatever that Kodi McDonald and Gemma Martin are coming." She reminded them.

"No worries,dollface." Mason said in a weird,Italian accent. It made Kodi giggle,which Mason loved.

Kodi gave both boys a hug and a kiss on the cheek,closed the door behind them and ran up the stairs to call Gemma about their plans tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) comment?sunscribe?