Trapped in Paradise My Ass

All You Need to Know

Songs of Inspiration
Tears Don't Fall by Bullet for My Valetine
Truth by Seether
Open Wounds by Skillet
Colors by Crossfade

"She's beautiful as usual with bruises on her ego. Her killer instinct tells her to beware of evil men."

Lyra looked at the man from before. He was holding on her wrist tightly. She cringed, as he began applying more pressure to her thin wrist. Ignoring the pain she looked up to see where they were going. People looked at them closely. He had blood pooled on his solid white shirt, while dragging a girl with an equally bloodily shirt down the hall. Before Lyra had time to react, he pulled her into the men’s bathroom. She looked around, worried and uncertain. He merely gave her a hard stare.

“You’ll repay me for the shirt later,” Lyra darted her eyes to the side. Not likely, she knew what he was wearing Calvin Klein, she couldn’t afford that. He pulled his wrist out to examine her hand. For the first time, she looked at it as well. There were four long claw marks, deep into her flesh. She looked at them, for a moment, she seemed to enjoy the sight of her blood pooling on the skin. He looked at her roughly then placed it under piping hot water. She opened her mouth to let out a scream. His broad hand covered her mouth. The steaming water blasted onto her hand, pealing away skin and blood. She thrashed in his arms, but it did little to help her. Tears filled her eyes, she just wanted the pain to stop. Struggling to get free, her mouth slipped from his hands.

“Please, stop.” She cried out in agony. It was a low cry, and barely made any noise. Her skin was red beneath the water. He pulled her wrist from the smoldering water. Lyra looked down at her hand. No blood was forming but she didn’t care. She was more concerned with her white nails and red skin. She looked up at him. He wasn’t smiling, but he looked pleased that she wasn’t bleeding any longer.

“I know it hurt, but you shall not bleed, and it wont get infected.” Lyra yanked her arm away. If felt surprisingly weak. She felt weak altogether, but she wouldn’t let this go.

“What are you, a doctor? Jackass, don’t touch me! Don’t ever touch me again!” Lyra stood, her legs felt weak, but she refused to stay in the same room this is horrid man. He didn’t say anything, he merely let her go. She leaned against the wall, unable to move anymore. She placed her hand against her forehead, then her stomach twisted. Good, she wasn’t sick, just hungry. He came over to Lyra. Gently, her took her hand away, and replaced it with his own. He looked down at her, as she looked at him. He had to admit, she was good looking, but far to snotty. He knew her type. Bratty, until they realized the world wasn’t theirs.

“No fever. You appear dehydrated. Let’s get you some water and food.”

“I can’t. Sam has my wallet.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Lyra pulled away. She wouldn’t have this man, who hardly knew her spoiling her like Sam did. As nice as it was, she hated it. Past event ran through her head. Lyra always from guilt when ever her birthday came along. Sam would show up with tons of gifts, each one better then the last. Then, when Sam’s birthday came along, Lyra worried about just making Sam smiled at her gift. It was hard, knowing your best friend could have anything in the world on a whim, and already had everything. That was the only thing she didn’t like. She couldn’t ever make Sam happy with anything material, but emotionally, Lyra couldn’t do it either.

“Listen, if you’re so worried about it, then just repay me when you get your wallet back from Sam.” Lyra looked up at him, for a moment she paused, not really sure of what to say. Giving in, she nodded simply. He smiled down, letting out a hand. Giving him a small smile, she reached up and took his hand. Helping her up, he gently pulled her along the ground, leading her to a packed grill and bar. Everyone looked at them again. The two of them looked like they stepped out of a battle, with a cat; well at least Lyra did. They reached a booth near the back with little people. They sat down, and instantly a gorgeous blond haired women strolled up. For once, Lyra didn’t feel very pretty, her head stayed low. She didn’t speak a word, so he went first.

“I’ll have a Salmon Cilantro, with a side of red wine.” He placed the menu down and looked at Lyra. She merely looked at the menu for a moment.

“Ah, water please.”

“Is that is Sug'?”

“No, she’ll have the combo mix. Make sure to have everything separate from each other.” The women looked at Lyra for a moment, but nodded to the man. She walked away without another word, Lyra on the other hand had something to say about that.

“What are you doing?”

“Well, I ordered of you. Do we need to go over it again?” Lyra glared at him, moving back against the seat like a cat. He smiled at her then shook his head.

“Look. You need to get some food. You’re stressed, dehydrated, and have a minor loss of blood. It would be best if you picked at something. I had everything separated, encase you are allergic to something. That is all, nothing more, nothing less. By the way, what is your name?” Lyra looked at him closely, unable to read his expression. It looked so serious, yet tender in its own way. She felt strangely clam, but still had that unnerving feeling when you walk into a doctor’s office.

“Ah, its- Lyra Reimont. You?” He smiled gently at the women as she set down their glasses with two straws. She smiled and pulled away.

“Your order will be out in a minute,” She walked away, and they returned to each other’s gaze.

“My name is Alastair Devereux, pleased to meet you Lyra. I‘m guessing that your class, if I‘m not mistaken is going to help the nature reserves in Australia. I am also a part of this expedition. I have not yet been able to meet with the lead teachers. Why was the group separated from them?”

“Cool name, ah…..yes we are, and…long story. Shuttle, Prego, Gasoline, Sam, that is all you need to know.” Alastair lifted and eyebrow but didn’t question any further. He felt for the safely of his sanity, it might be best not to even dwell on her random outburst. Wise choice.