Trapped in Paradise My Ass

His Family Jewels

Songs of Inspiration
Apple and Cinnamon by Utada
Pretty Fly (For a white guy) by The Offspring
Where will you go? by Evanescence

"Please, take me where I've never been. I wish to dream again."

Blayne groaned to himself. The thought of cashing down a girl that made his junior year a living hell didn’t sit well with him. But, still, what Conner had said bothered him more. He didn’t have an excuse to treat her that way. Sure, she was annoyed, and complained to much, but for him, it didn’t help.

He looked around the hallway. There were a lot of people moving round, it was hard to see anything. Then, he saw a oddly colored human stalking down the hallway, hunched slightly. He figured she was crying. Sighing to himself, he picked up his speed to catch up with her. It wasn’t easy, but when he did. He was shocked to find that she felt so bad. She was hunched into a corner, crying her eyes out. Moving closer, he crouched down. People looked at them as they passed by. It must have looked odd to them to see a girl crying in the middle of an airport.

Gently, he placed his hand on her shoulder. Instead of a scream, shout, or fist being thrown his way, she threw herself into his arms. For a moment, he didn’t move. It was strange, having her this close again. That’s right, again. They had dated for her freshmen year, and his junior. At that time, she wasn’t popular. She was the geeky new girl that no one would talk too, besides Blayne. He sat with her when no one else would. Slowly, that fell into a teen crush. It didn’t last long. Soon, everyone found out she was loaded, then they suddenly loved her, and she suddenly hated Blayne. They became the next tragic teenaged love story.

“Hey, um Abbi. I’m sor-“

“Where did it go wrong Blayne? I just, I don’t know-“ Suddenly all the pity he had for her disappeared. Angrily, he threw her form his arms. Rage filled him to the brink. Standing up, he started to yell at the top of his lungs..

“You don’t know?! How could you not? You left me for those fake assholes. I cared for you, and defended you when no one else would. You’re the one who messed up Abbi. You tortured me like no other. I----I don’t even want to look at you.” Abbi’s sat in a puddle beneath his screams. She didn’t know what to say to him. He was right, but she couldn’t find the words to say. Glaring down at her, Blayne struggled with the thought of straggling the life from her body. He turned away. Blayne feared that by staying, he would come to regret it. As he turned away, his heart sank into the ground. Abbi had gripped his sleeve. Looking back, he closed his eyes and turned back to her.

“I-“

“Don’t say anything. I’m still mad at you.” Sighing, he pulled off his hoodie. She looked at the ground, ready for him to walk away. Instead, he placed his hoodie over her shoulders.

”But, why don’t you get cleaned up, then we’ll get something to eat.” She looked up at him, unable to say anything. It was true, she never believed it, but Blayne had an incredibly kind nature. Nodding, Abbi smiled. She rose from the ground, wiping away her tears in the processes. She walked into the ladies room. As he waited for her, he pondered his own actions.

Frowning, he wondered if this was a good idea. He no longer had feelings for her, that much he knew, but did she? For a long time, he was addicted to her, would it happen again? No, he decided right then, and there, he would never trust her. But he found no reason to not befriend her, if that is what she sauté after.

After a few minutes, she walked out. Her make up gone, and she was wearing his hoodie. For the first time, in a long time, she looked like her old self. He missed it. She sent him and embossed smile, and then started to study the floor.

“So, why don’t we get some food.” Blayne offered, trying to break the tension.” She nodded with a shy smile. He grinned and turned towards the food area. The sudden turn didn’t leave him much time to see the blur going past him. A spiky haired guy darted by him, then something scary happened. He saw Lavalan running at him, going her top speed. She looked like a skinny foot ball player. They made eye contact. One of them had to move. There were only seconds left. Not enough time for light to move, compared to Sam. She bent down slightly, she was preparing for a take down. Blayne’s eyes widen. It was to late to move. Her small body slammed into Blayne’s torso, and her knees took down his family jewels. She gave a satisfied grunt, and then continued on without a word, leaving poor Baker on the floor in tears.