Trapped in Paradise My Ass

Breaking Barriers

Songs of Inspiration
Dance Floor Anthem by Good Charlotte
Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
Holding On by Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Star No Star by Jack Off Jill

"How can you live when you're wrapped in everyone's shadow!"

Our group was now on an unforgettable journey. An exciting unforgettable bus ride, of boredom. There was nothing more to do, everyone had used up any resource they had left. Playing card, ipods, lab tops, contests, singing, talking, and sleeping. After four hours, there was nothing left to do. The only thing left was connecting with another. Not many dared to travel outside their comfort zone, expect one. Conner shifted in his seat, then he traveled to the back of the bus. He knelled on an empty seat in front of Holly. She looked up at him. He smiled cheerfully; Holly on the other hand blushed, then looked away. Conner shook his head and laughed then looked past Holly. Behind her, were Sam and Lyra. The two of them were talking about something, but he couldn’t hear their whispers.

“Hey, its Lyra, right?” Lyra looked up from her conversation. She wasn’t sure who really spoke out but that didn’t stop her from breaking in mid-sentence. Their eyes connected, nether of them spoke. Suddenly, Sam huffed at Lyra before turning away. Lyra laughed at Sam, while giving her a gentle shove.

“Yeah, its Lyra. Conner, right?”

“Yeah, its Conner. I haven’t seen you much. Are you new to Bellmore?” Sam looked at Conner sharply. He didn’t recoil, but he looked a bit shocked. Not only at Sam’s eyes, but Lyra’s upset face.

“No, I’ve been living in Bellmore all my life. We have Trigonometry together. ”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I just -you know how it is? Time just leaps away from us, along with our memory.” He smiled dumbly at her, trying to get a smile to show from beneath her frown. It worked. She smiled brightly at him, but still expressed that she was upset he didn’t remember.

“So, why did you decide to come on this trip? I didn’t take you for a naturalist” He spoke carefully with his choice of words. Not like it helped, his eyes deceived him. He looked at her leather Prada bag as he spoke. She glared him down, and pushed to bag to the side.

“Hey, keep your judgmental eyes away. And, I’m not a naturalist. I merely seek some entertainment.”

“Oh, well, then that’s okay too. Sorry, I wasn’t judging your bag.”

“Good!” Lyra smiled at Conner, who returned it whole heartedly. Sam scoffed at the two of them. Which earned her a nice smack, but that earned Lyra a smack right back. Conner laughed then at looked at Blayne. He waved lightly towards him. For a moment, Blayne didn’t do anything. Conner frowned slightly, but then, Blayne gifted him with a simple head nod. That didn’t seem like much to some, but for Blayne that was a sign of respect. But, that was Blayne, if he didn’t nod your way, he didn't respect you. Conner smiled and turned back to Lyra.

“Well, it was good talking to you-” Conner was suddenly cut off by the teachers standing in the aisle with bright smiles.

“Alright everyone! We’ll be arriving in a minute or so, pack up and wake up!!” The clapped their hands together to get everyone’s attention. It took at moment, but soon everyone was packing up their stuff, putting shoes on, or shutting down electronics. They smiled out upon all egger faces in front. That wasn’t to say the ones in the back didn’t look excited, but there was just a different type of energy.

“Hey, Lyra. Did you bring your video camera?”

“Yeah, you bring yours?” The two of them grinned then pulled out their cameras.

“Okay, still or video?” Lyra questioned Sam, while pulling her camera from its protective zip-lock bag. Sam took a moment to think about it.

“I’ll take video.” They nodded to each other. Lyra stood up with her camera in hand. The bus was still trucking down a highway, the bus felt unstable as she moved around. Working her way towards the front of the bus, the driver yelled at her. Lyra grinned, and then shrugged him off. She was at the front of the bus with the camera pointed at everyone.

“Okay everyone!! Give me some love!!” Everyone put up peace signs, waved to the camera or, flicked the lens off. Laughing, she took plenty of shotos. Struggling to get to the back, she keep pressing on the button. Taking random pictures of everyone. She held her camera up in front of Conner. He grinned and flashed her a peach sign. She was about to move on, until he stood up and moved for her. He placed his arm around her waist, then pulled her close. The side of their heads connected, then a flash. They grinned into the camera for a few more shots.

“Aww, what a cute couple!!” Sam laughed at them with her video capturing every moment. The two of them blushed and pulled away from eachother. Sam always knew how to make others feel awkward. But, that gave Lyra an idea. She looked at Holly and Haru. She pulled Holly close, then snapped a picture with the two of them. Holly laughed as Lyra threw herself into the seat with Haru and another girl. The two of them let out a groan when she slammed into them. Lyra laughed and pulled Haru close. Surprisingly, Haru smiled at the camera. Pleased, Lyra pulled away to take pictures with some others.

It didn’t take long for everyone to pull out their camera and videos. The bus was filled with screams of camera attacks of the funniest kind. People were ducking from the camera or jumping in front of them. This was it, everyone was getting along and enjoying the trip. Truly, nothing could bring them down.