Dumb Stoned and Stupid.

Shorts

Mike and Tre waited for Billie in front of the school. It was a beautiful day today. Sun shining bright, grass as green as ever, sky really blue.

“My...my it’s a lovely day.” Tre said happily before taking a long breath of fresh air.

“You can say that again.”

“My...my it’s a lovely day.”

Mike slapped his fore head, “Tre, it was a figure of speech.”

“.....Oh.”

Next Billie came around the corner with his head hanging down low and this pissed off look on his face.

Mike and Tre looked at each other.

“Uh oh....” They both said at the same time.

Billie walked next to Mike and slumped down against the wall.

“...Billie? You ok.....?” Tre asked.

“She left me.....”

Mike put a hand on Billie’s shoulder, “Come on... It couldn’t have been that bad?”

Billie stood up, “Yes it was! I walked to her house ya know to walk her to school. I rang the door bell, she came out I tried to hug her, she pushed me away and said “she couldn’t do this no more.” and that she was leaving to join something about peace. She shut the door.... and I just stood there dumbfounded....”

Mike and Tre didn’t really have anything to all this.

Tre looked at his watch, “First periods about to start.”

They all walked into the school, Tre went one way. Billie and Mike went the other, they had chemistry together.

School was dull, classes went by slower than ever. Billie was now in english, the only class he didn’t have Mike or Tre in. Billie had pretty much managed to fall asleep.

“Mr. Armstrong, wake up.” Mrs. Dapple spoke.

Billie groaned and lifted his head up.

“So anyway continuing on with class, the subject of the sen- Mr. Armstrong!”

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!?” Billie shouted.

“Wake up! This is not a time to sleep, but to learn.” Mrs. Dapple shouted trying to keep a smile on her face.

“Well, maybe I don’t feel like learning.” Billie said in a smart ass tone.

“Well leave then!” The teacher shot back. Pointing at the door.

Billie stood up, took one last look at the teacher, and then walked out of the room. He was soon wondering the hall’s aimlessly. He was walking while staring down at his shoes when he ran into someone.

“My bad.”

“No it was my fault I wasn’t looking” Billie said. Then Looking up,”Tre, Dude what are you doing walking around?”

“I started falling asleep, and Blah blah blah he told me to leave or something.”

Billie smirked, “That’s what happened to me.”

“Wanna walk around to no where with me?” Tre asked, “‘Cause we still have over half an hour left.”

Billie shrugged, “Sure.”

“Why did we take Athletics this year?” Tre asked.

“Because it was that or singing.”

“Why couldn’t we have took that?”

Billie thought for a moment, “I don’t find the kids in that class nice, and they think they’re better than everyone else.”

“Alright Billie, but once you see what we have to wear this year in athletics you might regret all this.”

Billie shrugged. They both walked over to the stairs and sat down and talked about nothing to kill time. Soon the bell rang and they had athletics next.

“Hey boys.” Mike said as he walked over to them.

“Heyyyy Mike” Tre said.

“Hey” Billie spoke.

“Athletics? Right. Or are we skipping?” Tre asked.

“No, not today let’s just try it.” Mike said

They walked out to the locker room, as they walked in the coach handed them their new attire for running. It consisted of short shorts, a sleeveless shirt with the words Pinole and a box where they could write their name. They went and got dressed in the stalls. Tre and Billie came out and laughed.

“Dude these shorts are like.... short.” Billie laughed out.

“I like the shorts then I can show off my sexy legs!” Tre laughed.

“Oh yeahhhhh sexy legs.” Billie said jokingly.

Billie knocked on the stall Mike was in, “Come out come come out where ever you are.”

“....Dude I am not coming out in these shorts.” Mike said quietly.

“Why?” Billie asked.

“I look ridiculous.” Billie laughed at Mike’s comment,

“I bet you don’t look as ridiculous as Tre.”

“HEY!” Tre said in defense.

Billie pushed Tre playfully, “Dude just come out before we miss roll call.”

“Alright...” Mike came out the stall.

They all looked at each others legs.

“How much more pale can we get?” They all laughed.
They began walking out to the track.