The Art of Breaking

Relief

A wounded animalistic sound ruptured from my chest and I felt tears flow from the broken dam in my eyes. Tears dropped onto Ryan’s pale face as I leaned down and wrapped my arms around him. I held him close to me for so long or at least it felt that way.

“Well, this is rather uncomfortable.” I screamed in surprise and let go of him. His head dropped down onto the hard ground. “Ow!” he mumbled and reached towards his head.

“I’m sorry,” I stuttered and a half smile crawled its way onto Ryan’s face. Ryan sat up with a small groan and I saw there were no cuts or bruises anywhere. It was a miracle…just like my arm. As I thought that I might have been responsible for bringing Ryan back to life, goosebumps ran up my spine. I continued to stare at Ryan.

“Um…do you mind not staring?” Ryan asked and I watched his face turn dark red. “It’s uncomfortable.”

I realized just then that he was naked and I turned around quickly stumbling over an apology. “It’s fine,” Ryan replied. “You can look now.” I turned around and he was only half naked this time.

“H-How did you…?” I started to ask and he smiled and rubbed his dark matted hair.

“I always deep a few pairs of pants around just in case…kind of like the time traveler,” he said and smiled brightly. I smiled too and tears crowded the corners of my eyes. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. I felt as if I could never let go.

“I-I don’t know how or what happened, but I’m just glad you’re ok,” I stuttered and he held me tightly. I could feel his face buried in my hair and he inhaled deeply.

“It’s ok,” he consoled me and rubbed my back gently. All of a sudden a deep growling split into the still air and Ryan flung me behind him in less than a second. My eyes widened in terror.

I grabbed Ryan’s arm tightly and I could feel the goosebumps rise on his warm, dark flesh. “W-What is it?” I asked and a tall, blonde vampire erupted forward.

“Get away from her!” Jasper snarled as he lunged towards Ryan. I screamed and jumped in front of Ryan.

“No, stop!” I cried and squeezed my eyes shut as Jasper continued forward but he stopped just in time and I could feel the breeze blow my hair back.

“Lacey,” he said quietly and cupped the side of my face in his hand. He guided me forward and before I knew it I was wrapped in his embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for being patient.

Tell me whatcha think =)