The Art of Breaking

Questions

"Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?" Jasper asked looking me up and down searching for anything.

"Jasper, I'm fine!" I said and smiled almost laughing. It's a ridiculous time to be laughing.

"What happened?" Jasper asked and his stare turned into a glare as his eyes moved from me to Ryan.

"I don't know. I was helping Ryan around the house and then I noticed he went missing. The lawnmower was still going without him. So I looked in the woods and I found him. He...he was dead."

Jasper's eyes raised as I said the last word. "He was dead? Are you sure?" he asked. I could tell that he was thinking how impossible it could be for Ryan to still be alive.

"I'm sure of it. I work at the hospital."

Jasper stared a moment longer at me and then moved his attention back to Ryan. "What happened?" he asked.

"I...I...I don't know," Ryan said looking confused and shaken. He held his head as if it hurt to try and remember.

"Do you remember anything?" Jasper asked. "Anything at all?"

"No. I don't even remember leaving the lawnmower."

"Would you mind if I called in some people I know?" Jasper asked.

"Are they vampires?"

"No, but people is pushing it," Jasper answered. He pulled out his cell phone and started dialing before Ryan could say anything.

"Sam? This is Jasper Hale.......Yes......Could I request your services?....Possibly.....New Port.....Yes.....Thank you," Jasper then hung up the phone.

"Who's Sam?" Ryan asked.

"I think the question is. Do you have enough food for an army?" Jasper asked smirking slightly. The smirk was reassuring. I knew everything was going to be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aiiiiiiieeeeee!!!! I'm so sorry. I deserved to be mobbed.