The Art of Breaking

Shock

I ran around Ryan's house trying to cook up enough food for an army. Why? I have no idea but Jasper said too. There were only five men that arrived at his house. Surely they couldn't eat all of this food, but then again vampires exist so who am I to judge. I'm glad he gave this remedial task of cooking for a bunch of boys. I didn't want to think about how I had brought Ryan back to life. It just can't be right and deep down in my gut, I knew it would have some kind of effect on me.

Ryan walked into the house and stopped just as the door shut behind him. "Smells delicious!" he said and inhaled as if it were his last breath. Ryan walked into the kitchen and helped me set the table. I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a stack of plates. As I turned around to take them to the table, a plate slipped off and fell towards the floor.

I expected the plate to break but instead Ryan had caught it when his inhuman speed. "That was close," I said and placed the other plates onto the table. Ryan handed me the plate that had fallen. I reached out to grab it from him and as soon as my fingertips touched the plate a shock rang out throughout my body. Ryan looked as if he'd been jolted too. "Wow, that's some strong static," I mumbled and Ryan looked at me oddly.

"Lacey, you and I both know that wasn't static."

"Yeah who am I kidding?"

"What? Did you hear me say that?"

I looked up at Ryan and his eyes were wide with shock. "Didn't you say that aloud....about that not being static?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"No, I didn't say that aloud," I heard Ryan say but his lips didn't move.

"Holy shit!"

My hands flung up to grip my head. What is happening to me? What is going on? Am i some kind of freak?

"Lacey, calm down. You aren't a freak," Ryan said and my hands dropped to my side.

"Stay out of my head!" I screamed angrily and ran out the door. I knew it wasn't his fault that he heard my thoughts but this was just too much. First I healed my arm, then I brought him back to life, and now this? What was happening to me?

I ran out into the woods. I continued running. I didn't even care that branches and bushes were tearing at my clothes and scraping my skin. I didn't stop until I tripped over a fallen tree trunk.

I knew then that I needed to ask myself the one question that could change my entire life. What am I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah yeah I haven't updated since January. I'm sorry!!