The Art of Breaking

Panic!

I'd fallen and I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to get up. I didn't know what to do anymore. I was a freak of nature. I wasn't even sure that I was human anymore. I heard cries of my name ringing out throughout the woods. It was only a matter of time before Ryan caught up to me. He was a werewolf after all. He possessed great speed and a keen sense of smell. That boy could definitely smell me out from a mile away.

I managed to pull myself up and continue running. We were in the middle of no where. Trees surrounded Ryan's house for miles but I didn't care. I just needed to get away. I heard leaves rustle behind me as if someone was following. I turned to look back and remember that Ryan had been attacked in these woods earlier today. My heart rate increased as I pictured the thing that attacked Ryan. He doesn't even remember who or what did it? Maybe he never knew.

I turned to look back again for a second and as soon as I turned my head, hands from in front grabbed me and I stopped me in my tracks. A blood curling scream escaped my lips and I started to cry out of fear. "Lacey, it's only me," a soothing voice whispered in my ear.

"Jasper."

"You're OK. I've got you now," he replied and pulled me into a hug.

I started crying with relief and exhaustion. I went through way too much today. I just wanted to sleep before something else happened and pushed me over the edge. "I'm a freak!" I cried and wrapped my arms around Jasper's torso.

"I drink blood and sparkle in the sunlight and you think you're a freak?"

I nodded and looked up into his eyes. "I brought Ryan back to life, Jasper. That's not normal. After that happened, we're able to get into each others minds like it's our own..."

Jasper's face was calm but in his eyes I could see panic, pity, and jealousy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for waiting patiently. I'm going to try to finish this story before I leave for BCT