The Art of Breaking

Demon Hater

"You're just like me," he said in awe.

"What do you mean?" I asked and looked to Jasper. Maybe just maybe he was a vampire too but I wasn't sensing that he was. He didn't have that smell to him and he definitely didn't have the eyes.

"No, I'm not a vampire," he replied as if he was reading my mind. I felt Jasper's arm tense as he said the word vampire.

"Who me? I'm just like you? I hope you mean a huma-"

The man erupted into a fit of laughter before I could finish the word human. "No, foolish child. You are not a human."

"Then what am I?" I asked and pushed against the door to try to get a better look at him. He was only barely peeking out; his head was the only visible part of his body.

As I pushed against the door he pushed back and before I knew it the door was shut and padlocked. Jasper's eyes were burning with anger and he tried to open the door. Instead of breaking open it burned his hand. He screamed and jumped back. "...the hell?"

"Please! I need answers!" I screamed through the door. I could feel myself breaking again.

"Come back when night falls," a muffled voice said from behind the door. I felt a flame of hope grow bigger inside my chest. I was finally going to find out what I really was. "Without the vampire."

"No."

"Jasper, I have to know," I said and looked at him with pleading eyes. I could feel his stronghold breaking. "I'll be here....without Jasper."

"If you hurt her-"

"-you won't do anything. You have no idea who you're messing with demon. I could end you this very second, but since this is the first time I've ever met someone like myself I've decided to spare you," he said barely opening the door. "Now get the hell off my porch before I send you to the hell you belong in."

Jasper picked me up and jumped off the porch so fast I didn't have time to blink. The man opened the door fully, but I could only see the outline of his body. It looked as if it was deformed. I growing fear shook my very core.

******
Night fell and I walked to the front door. Jasper was tense and nervous. He gripped me hard but not hard enough to bruise me and pulled me into a hug. I could tell he was memorizing my scent. "Please be careful," he pleaded and kissed the top of my head. I pulled away and smiled up into his beautiful, worry-filled eyes.

"I'll be just fine," I kissed his cheek and walked out the door, down the sidewalk, and up to the house with the white picket fence. I was going to get my answers no matter what it cost me.

I reached up to knock, but it opened and revealed a pitch black house. "I'm glad you were smart enough not to bring the demon. I didn't want to have to ruin any friendship we could've possibly had by exercising him."

I stood there for a second trying to find the source of the voice. I couldn't tell which direction it was coming from because I could hear it as if it were coming from a surround sound stereo system. "You can hear me because I'm speaking to your mind not to your ears. Now come in before you let something evil in."

I stepped through the threshold and the door shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
More updates soon
Muah!