Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

If I Weren't So Young, Or Stupid, Or Restless

I swung the door open and standing outside my door was a guy, somewhat taller than me. He had short dark brown hair and was wearing a band tee.
“Uh, hi. I’m Matt.” He said awkwardly.

Gesturing behind him to four other boys and a huge bus, he continued talking.
“So, our bus broke down and-” he was cut off by the boy with skinny jeans, a glamour kills shirt, messy brownish-blondish hair topped off with a black beanie in 98F degree weather. I couldn’t understand how he could wear that thing in the unbearable heat.

“Cut to the chase man.” He turned to me, “Our bus is fucked up. We have no idea where we are, and there’s not a place around for miles.”

I was a bit taken aback by his bluntness, but I kinda respected it. I was pretty much like that too. “Well, you guys can came in...” I began, unsure. They filed in, thanking me, before the invitation even left my mouth.

The guy named Matt came in last. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” I replied, smiling.

“Don’t mind Alex,” he said, nodding towards the guy in the beanie who spoke to me earlier. “He’s just like that. Plus, we’re been on the bus for god-knows how long. And the heat’s kinda getting to us.”

I chuckled, “Ah, it’s okay. You don’t need to make excuses for him. I’m like that too.”

He smiled, understanding. “Hey!” he suddenly yelled at the guys.

I turned around to see why he was shouting.

“Don’t eat that! You didn’t even ask her!” Matt said.

The one with the black hair and a random skunk streak spun around to face me, his mouth full of pizza, and holding two more slices: one in each hand.

“Omh. Schorry.” He said. I laughed. Swallowing the remaining food in his mouth, he put down the slices. Almost immediately, the one with the beard and buzz cut, and the buff guy with the nose ring claimed them.

“I’m Jack, and you’re my best friend!” He exclaimed, engulfing me in a hug. He was really tall. With my height being 5’3”, he just about towered over me.

I laughed along with the rest of the guys. “Jack, she provides an air-conditioned house and food. Of course she’s your best friend.” The guy with the buzz cut said, standing up and offering his hand to shake.
“I’m Rian.”

I took his hand and shook it. I hugged him too.

“I’m Zack.” The other one said.
I smiled back in response. “Oh, yeah! I haven’t even introduced myself. I’m Sunday.”

“Really? That’s sick!” Jack said.

“Like the day?” Rian asked.

“No doofus,” Zack said smacking him on the back of the head, “like the continent. Of course the day! Right?” he looked back at me for reassurance.

“Yeah, like the day.” I laughed.

“Were you born on a Sunday?” Alex asked, popping his head out of my fridge. He had a sandwich hanging out of his mouth.

“No, not even. I was born on a Saturday, but my mom thought it was too much of a mouthful and that Sunday was prettier.”

“Yeah, it is.” said Jack, reaching out and ruffling my hair.

“Alex!” Matt yelled at him, “Quit hogging all that food and bring it over here.”

Alex walked over to where the guys were sitting, kicking the fridge closed behind him. He had mounds of food in his arms. Enough to feed an army - Or a group of teenage boys. He set them on the table.

I raised an eyebrow at him, questioning.

“What?” he asked. A smile was tugging at the corners of his lips.

I laughed it off and took a seat, “It’s not every day that I get a knock at my door and have my house taken over by five guys. None of which I know nothing about.”

“Yeah, that’s kinda stupid.” Jack said, punching me lightly on the arm.

“For all you know, we could be rapists.” Alex said with a straight face. Well, as straight as a face could be when covered with bread crumbs.

“Ha ha.” I said sarcastically.

“No, but really?” he continued, prodding, “You don’t know what we are?”

“Uh, no. Why? Should I?” I asked, “Like, are you guys famous rapists?”

I looked around the crowded table. This was the first time in a long time that it had been crowded. Usually, it was only my mom and I. And more often than not, just me.
Rian, Zack and Matt were preoccupied, stuffing their faces.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

“Well...We’re in a band.” Alex said.

“Wow. That really narrows it down, now doesn’t it?” I asked, “because there aren’t tons of bands running amuck out there.”

“Amuck?”

“Yes, amuck. Look it up buddy.”

He rolled his eyes. “C’mon. All Time Low?” You never heard of us?”

My jaw dropped. “No. Way.” I fought to keep my composure. “You guys are All Time Low?”

Smug and satisfied, Alex leaned back into his chair.

I continued, remembering Lynne saying that Alex was the lead singer. “I was just listening to you guys before you showed up. The lead singer sounded really hot.” I shot Alex a look. He was fighting back a smile. “What a letdown.”

I smirked at him. His face fell.

“Ooohhhh!” the rest of the guys chorused, taking their attention away from the food. They were laughing their asses off.

Alex fumed. I knew he was one of those guys who was used to being called ‘hot’.
“I’m the lead singer.”

I laughed at his expression. He did not seem to be enjoying the mockery I was making of him. “Chill out Alex.” I said. “I knew you were the singer. You’re not that bad looking. And the music’s pretty kick ass.”

He retaliated by chucking a pizza crust at me. My comeback was to take the last slice.

I stuck my tongue out.

“Oh, real mature.” He said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the second chapter :)
There are EXACTLY 1,000 words in this chapter.
Don't believe me? Count them up.
If you're too lazy, then just take my word for it :P

Please comment.
I will love you forever.