Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

I Admit I Miss Seeing Your Face Babe

Alex watched as Sunday became smaller and smaller. He wasn’t sure if she could see into the bus, but he waved back anyhow. He kept waving and waving until they turned the corner which was when he dropped his arm, sighed, and retreated to his bunk in the back of the bus.

The rest of the guys looked at each other. They knew they were in for a long ride. About forty-five minutes passed and Alex still hadn’t made a peep. Jack was worried about his best friend. No insulting taunts, no jokes that transcended into awkward silences. But instead of acting upon a whim, Jack sat back to watch and see what Alex would do this time around.

_______________________________________________________________________

Back at the house, Sunday went into her room and changed back into pyjamas. This turn of events called for some comfort food as well. She quickly slipped into her Mickey Mouse pyjamas that Matt was unbelievably jealous of – even though they were women’s pjs - tank top, grabbed a blanket, fishy Alex, and settled in for what she knew would be a long night by the TV.

Sunday popped a DVD of FRIENDS into the player and held a bowl of popcorn with chocolate bits in her lap. It was a weird combination – something she’d learnt from her mother – but it was still yummy; sweet and salty all at the same time.

She laughed and that laugh turned into a sigh. She knew what Jack would say if he were here and if she’d said that last thought out loud.

That’s what she said.

She took one last glance at the clock, 8:34pm, before falling into an uneasy slumber.

______________________________________________________________________

There were three sharp raps at the door. Annoyed, Sunday rolled over on the couch in desperate attempt to bury her head under the covers, that is, until she heard the bowl of popcorn fall to the ground.

“Fuck.” She cursed under her breath.

She got up and started picking up the kernels when someone knocked again.

It’s 11:50! Who the hell could be here?” she thought to herself. Her mother was upstairs, asleep.

Another loud bang.

A wave of paranoia suddenly washed over her. What if someone was trying to break in? She skittered to the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan. Holding it tightly in one hand, she grabbed the door knob with the other. At this point, shaking, she flung the contraption open and raised the weapon above her head ready to strike.

“Whoa there, girly.” A single hand held her back.

She peeked out of one closed eye and saw that it was Zack, and behind him were some very tired looking members of All Time Low. She dropped the pan with a clatter, just nearly missing Zack’s foot as she tackled him with a hug.

“Ow.” He groaned.

As soon as she released him, Alex stepped forward with the most obnoxious grin on his face.

“Alex!” she squealed. At that point, she didn’t even care if she woke her mom up or not. Alex was back!

“What are you guys doing here?” she asked him.

“Well, everyone in the bus was moping around and stuff.”

“Really? What about you?” Sunday questioned.

“Me?”

He was the mopiest!” Jack burst through the doors.

Rian followed right behind him and picked her up and swung her around, “Didn’t I say we’d be back soon? Although this was sooner than any of us expected.”

After he put her down, she stood in front of Alex who had an embarrassed look on his face.

“Is this true?” she teased him.

“Yeah. I made Bill, the driver turn around about an hour and a half into the drive. I was literally going out of my mind being without you.”

Sunday wrapped her arms around him. “Come on in you guys.”

They made themselves at home, yet again, while she and Alex lagged behind.

“So, you were the one who made them turn around.” She said it more like a statement than a question.

“Mhm,” he began lightly tracing random patterns up and down her arm, “Why? Are you unhappy that we came back?”

“No! You know I love you guys, but now that you guys are back, you know that the next time you have to leave, it’ll be that much harder.”

“I know, but at the same time it’ll also be easier knowing that I can come back and visit.” Pause, “I can come back and visit right?” he asked, making sure.

In reply, she pulled him in for a kiss, and just like the first time, it was as if the night sky shot up in flames.

_______________________________________________________________________

Alex and the boys stayed for the night and left again in the morning. Sunday had to admit that he was right. It was a little easier saying goodbye knowing that a visit was possible, but that didn’t make the heartache from it any easier to bear.

That morning, Alex waved goodbye to Sunday, and as they turned the corner, he felt as though he had left a little piece of his heart with her.

Back on her lawn, knowing full well that this time around, they wouldn’t be making another U-turn, Sunday felt like Alex had taken a piece of her heart.

It was a fair exchange, but weren’t we always taught that life isn’t fair and that life and love came hand in hand?

Makes you wonder what’s in store for our two lovebirds.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, they came back.
And then they left.
Playing with the strings of her heart.
For all you cat-lovers out there, I know you know that strings easily break.
Bwahahaha!

The narrator's voice at the end sounds so evil :P

Okay readers. I need your help.
I need everyone to nominate a band guy. Any guy who you'd be okay with hating. For a little bit, at least. Maybe one chapter.
I was thinking Gabe, but I'm not sure if you'd like hating him. Maybe Suarez?
LOL
Nothing against Cobra Starship. I'm just listening to them right now :P

So comment away! :)

Oh, also, if you happen to follow me on twitter, can you please @reply me?
I could use some reader feedback before I post shizz :)