Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

Heels Over Head

It had been almost two months since their tour bus had broken down in front of my house and as he promised, Alex came back. Multiple times. He visited very often; both alone and with the rest of the guys.

I visited them in Baltimore too, although not quite as often because they were usually out doing some form of promotional for their new album that was dropping soon, so he spent a lot of time at my house.

By then, my mom wasn’t surprised to walk into the house and find Alex in the kitchen fixing himself some lunch, or in the den watching TV. The room he and Jack shared when they visited was technically his room now since we never bothered to clean it anymore. He always left some extra clothes there too.

Everything was almost perfect between us.

Almost.

The whole I love you situation. Neither of us has said it, but it has brought some tensions up every now and then.

I mean, I know I love him. But am I gonna say it first? No way. If I say it first, then he might feel obligated to say it back without actually meaning it. And I only want to hear it if it’s true. Of course he’s not gonna say it first because, well, he’s a guy!

I talked to Jack about it one day after he noticed a stiff air in the room. It was after Alex had been hinting around for an ‘I love you’ and hadn’t gotten it.

“You know he loves you.” He said like it was the most obvious thing on the face of the earth, “Why else would he be doing all this shit?”

“I know he does, and he knows I love him too. It’s just different hearing it be said out loud. It’s a pretty big deal.”

“And hinting for it doesn’t work?”

“You know Alex. Stubborn as a pack mule.”

“Oh yeah.”

Jack wasn’t much help in the end, but he did promise to try and talk Alex into saying it first.

That particular day was a Tuesday. Alex had been at my house for four days and on the fifth day, he had to leave again. It broke my heart a little each time I had to watch him go. And every time, I was tempted to say those three words.

Tempted. But I wasn’t giving in. I was just as stubborn as he was.

Alex and I were standing at my front door while he was stalling yet again, but this time, it looked like he actually had something on his mind. I decided not to beat around the bush.

“Spill, Gaskarth.”

“What?” he asked all too innocently.

“You look like you’re about to shit yourself. Just tell me what’s on your mind.”

“You know me too well by now.” He muttered cutely, “Anyways. So, the reason why I have to leave is because – “

“Because your new album is comes out on the 25th which is tomorrow and you guys need to do promo once it drops!” I exclaimed excitedly. Ever since they had released their EP, Put Up Or Shut Up, the band’s popularity had begun to steadily rise. They now had a solid fan base, and I was so proud of them.

“Yes, and I was thinking, promo is fun for the first few days, but then it starts to get boring, and then I had a brilliant idea. We could keep things fun by bringing some people along!”

“Some people meaning..?” I asked confused.

He sighed, “Meaning you!”

“Me? When? Where? What? Why? Me?” I blubbered.

He chuckled at my reaction, “Yes, you and Kara. I already cleared it all with your mom, she’s fine with it.”

“Really?”

He nodded, proud that he had set everything up.

I jumped at him and crashed my lips against his.

“So is that a yes?”

“Fuck yeah but you haven’t even answered all my questions yet!”

“Okay, go.”

“When?”

“Tomorrow till Friday.”

“What?”

“Signings, and performing on Jimmy Kimmel!”

“Ohmigawsh! Really?” he nodded vigorously, “Where?”

All it took was one word, “Vegas.”
My jaw dropped, “No freaking way. Jimmy Kimmel? Vegas? Ah! I’m so happy for you guys!” Another hug.

“You should start packing now.” He reminded me.

“Oh yeah. Wait, are we driving there, or what?”

“Nope. This time, we’re traveling in style. Flying baby! No more broken down tour buses. Not that I’m complaining about the last time that happened. I met an amazing person.”

“Aw,” he pecked me on the lips, “But don’t think you can sweet talk your way out of this, Alex. You’re helping me pack.”

“No!” he complained.

“Come on!” I dragged him into the house and he fell to the ground, playing dead.

“Alex! This is not funny!”

“But I’ve been packing since yesterday!”

“And the longer you draw this out, the longer it’ll take. Suck it up and take it like a man.” I poked him lightly in the ribs.

He sat up Indian-style, crossed his arms stubbornly, and pouted like a child, “I am a man.” He defended.

“Then prove it.” I challenged, running up the stairs. He was right on my tail. When I reached the top, he tackled me from behind, pinning me to the ground under him.

Holding himself up so that I wasn’t crushed by his weight, but still unable to escape he murmured in my ear, “Who’s the man now?”

I huffed my bangs out of my face and answered reluctantly, “You are. You’re the man, Alex.”

“Thought so.” He said smugly as he kissed my forehead and hoisted me up, “Now, your man’s got some packing to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!
Things start to get more interesting from here on.

And, I am going to be changing my username for a little bit. Just to try it on for size.
Snow In July
If I don't like it, don't be alarmed if I change it to The After Effect
Just a heads up ;)

Also, I have a new story!
Another Mile, Another Minute
No chapters up yet, but I assure you, they'll come soon enough ;)

Subscribe if you will.
Comment if you could.
Even just about the layout.

First chapter will be up soon.
Now comment on this, and then check it out, loves ;)