Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

Alternative Ending Two

Someone knocked on the other side of the hotel door but Sunday didn’t hear it since she was listening to her iPod on full blast. After about the seventh knock, the housekeeper assumed that those who were out and the room was safe to enter and clean.

Too bad the seventh knock was the same knock that Sunny had heard and had gotten up to answer. Her hand was a few mere millimetres away from the doorknob when it swung open fast and wide enough in attempt to make enough room for the toiletries cart.

It hit Sunday’s forehead with just enough force to send her flying backwards and unconscious.

...

Sunday faded in and out of reality. She had a vague sense of awareness to the fact that she’d been asleep for a long while. She knew she had been picked up off the floor since she could feel a softness below her. She could also hear Alex and Jack murmuring to themselves.

“I really hope she’s alright.” Alex said. Sunday smiled inwardly. She could just picture him wringing his hands in anxiety and Jack scratching his skunk hair.

“I feel really bad. It was all my fault.” That was Jack. This time, Sunday frowned. Before she blacked out, she knew it was the housekeeping and not Jack – unless there was something he wasn’t telling her.

“Don’t blame yourself. You don’t even know her.” Alex reassured his friend.

What now?!

“What’s her name again?” Alex yelled to Matt.

“Sunday Parker.”

“Sunday,” he tried it on for size, “hm.”

Hm?!

This was getting too weird for her now. She slowly opened her eyes to the room – surprised to see that she was at home.

“Uh, hi,” she said as the edged of the room stopped spinning and everything came into focus. She directed her greeting at Alex, Jack, Zack, Rian, and Matt.

“Hey,” they all greeted her awkwardly.

“I’m Alex,” Alex said introducing himself.

“Oh har har.” Sunday said sarcastically. “I blacked out you guys. I didn’t get amnesia. You don’t all have to re-introduce yourselves.”

They all looked at each other in a confused manner.

“Are you a fan?” Rian asked.

“Oh, this again,” she joked, “Remember guys?”

That was when she glanced down at her clothes for the first time. White skinnys with paint splatters, a black tank top, layered necklaces and her fluffy toe socks – the exact outfit she was wearing the day she met them.

“Wait, what day is it?”

“Friday,” Matt answered, stepping a half-step away from the girl who thought they’d already met on a personal level before. Maybe this girl was one of their crazy fans. It was just their luck.

Kay, she must be crazy like that ‘alexgisforme3’ chick on my myspace and twitter. Alex thought worriedly to himself.

“Are you okay?” Jack asked her.

“Yeah, but why are we here?”

“Uh, we? Well, we’re here,” Jack explained, stressing the we as in them, minus her, “because we got lost on the way to Kimmel tonight when our bus broke down.”

“Don’t you mean on the way back?”

“Uh, no. On the way. We’re performing tonight.” He really hoped she wasn’t fishing for an invite because Jack wasn’t into the idea of bringing ‘Crazy Chick’ along – even if he did knock her out with a door.

“Okay, I’m thoroughly confused.”

“That’s alright,” Zack said in a calming voice, “When our bus broke down, we knocked on your door to ask if we could borrow your phone to call someone, or something and we rand your doorbell, apparently it wasn’t working so Jack was fooling around and leaning on the door with all his weight, then you opened it, and since Jack was on it, it hit you and you blacked out.”

“Oh,” it was hard news to take.

“But what about us?”

“Us?” Now Alex was the one confused.

“Oh,” he grabbed Sunday’s copy of The Party Scene that was sitting on her desk and signed his autograph.

Sorry about your head.
Peace, Love, All Time Low
-Love Alex!

He quickly showed it to her, “That good?”

Sunday’s heart shattered into a million little pieces as she weakly nodded when realization struck her.

She had been dreaming.

They were here alright, but she’d been out cold.

“Hey, uh, we called your mom and she’s on her way. You’d better not open the door. And we called for a ride too, so, thanks, we’re sorry, and we’ll be out of your hair.”

“Won’t you stay?” she asked them, more like pleaded.

“No, we really should get going,” Rian explained.

As they filed out her front door, she watched helplessly as Alex didn’t even take a second glance back at her, and Jack quickly mouthed one last sorry before disappearing.

Back to her dreams, because that would be the only place she’d ever see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, don't hate me again! D:

Personally though, this once breaks my heart more than the first once because they're there alright, but they don't know her.
Agh, I'm getting emotional!

Anyways, I promise the next ones I post will be the real chapters.
But, oh, are you in for more surprises...