Mama, We All Go To Hell

Leaving, For Good.

Bob didn't get home till four in the morning. The caravan lights were on as he opened the door. Katie was sitting on the floor next to the ragged couch that his mother lay on.

"Honey, why are you still up?" Bob glanced around the caravan.

"Nana won't wake up" The little girl said, holding her scruffy bear by one arm and holding her Nana's hand in the other.

"Pardon?" Bob felt a jolt of worry though his body.

"Nana! WAKE UP" Katie yelled in her ear.
No reaction.

"Oh sweetie, go to your room" Without skipping a beat, Katie ran to her room. As soon as she was out of sight Bob walked across the room, leaning down to check the old lady's pulse.
Nothing.

"Oh, Mum...what am I going to do?" Bob cried, dropping to his knees and burying his face in his hands. A few minutes later, he wiped away the tears and went down to Katie's room.

"Katie, you..can you pack your bags, we're going on a holiday!" He tried to smile and laugh, but even she could tell it was fake.

"Sure, Daddy" She grinned.

"Not too much, just one bag" He said, before turning around and rushing to pack his own bags. He didn't need much, so photographs, pants and some food for the trip. He checked Katie was ready and brought her to the door.

Bob glanced down at his mothers dead body.
"I'm sorry mum, I need to leave you" He kissed her cold cheek and grabbed Katie's hand before closing the caravan door.

"Why isn't Nana coming?"