Mama, We All Go To Hell

My Favorite Regret

They got off the train, into the busy city. People pushed past them, talking on cell phones and other gadgets. Bob held Katie's hand tight so he wouldn't lose her again. The walked out into daylight, the sun shone across there faces. Bob slid his sunshades on.

"Where will we go?" Katie asked. Bob shook his head, he remembered everything, nothing had changed.

"I love you so much Kat.." He bent down "But honey, I can't take care of you anymore...I'm taking you to your mums" He said.

"I'm sorry, I love you daddy don't leave me. I'll help, I won't cry, I'll do jobs, don't leave, I'll be a good girl" She whimpered clinging on to him. It broke his heart hearing this. He knew he couldn't go on. He bit his lip, and thought how lucky he was to have sunshades on covering his tears.

"Katie don't make it any harder than it already is now lets go" he said firmly. Katie let go, he had never spoken to her like that. She walked behind him, looking at her feet. Bob called a yellow taxi and they got in silently.

"34 Brown street please" He said. The drove away watching the world pass by them, Bob reached out and held her hand, he knew she was scared, more than he was.

"I don't even know her" She whispered looking out the window.

"I know...It's hard. But I'm sorry, Ill come back one day, when I make it big...and Ill take you anywhere you want, I love you. You know" Bob said, letting a tear dripped off his face, he wasn't going to let her see them.

They pulled up at a small house. Bob sighed heavily. Katie did too. Bob laughed at her then got out and help Katie out, they walked up the pathway, Bob knocked on the big brown door wishing she wasn't home. A woman lazily opened it, she looked young, wearing a mini skirt and light blue top, barley covering anything. Her blonde hair was plaited down her back, her eyes looked tired.

"Eh" She said, looking at them.

"Mandy" Bob coughed

"Bob. Wow...and...Oh fucking hell Bob I told you I didn't want her" She screamed looking at Katie. She started to slam the door, Bob stopped her with his hand.

"Mandy, Please" Bob said. Katie stood quietly.