Mama, We All Go To Hell

Instant Coffee & 88 Year-Old Men.

They stood in the kitchen of Mandy's flash house, drinking instant coffee. Mandy looked tired and worried.

"Mandz...please, she's your kid too" Bob said looking though the doorway and Katie who was sitting in front of the TV looking at it, not watching it. He knew this, because she didn't particularly like CSI: Miami.

"Bob, I don't know how to take care of her! I hardly know her...I can't love her, besides, I have to take care of my husband" Mandy said looking at her feet, she hadn't lost her beauty from when she was young...she just didn't show it anymore Bob thought.

"Learn to love her, it's not hard. Mandy. I need you to do this for me" He whispered sternly so Katie wouldn't hear.

"Bob. I have a life now, you can't just throw a child at me" She said nearly yelling.

"Shut up. OUR child" Bob said, slamming his hand on the counter.

"Fucken hell," Mandy said pushing past him, "I can't take care of two people!"

"What do you mean?...Why can't you take care of your husband?" Bob argued. Cue, 88 year-old man. Bob rolled his eyes and slapped his forehead.

"My baby is getting old isn't he" She cooed, kissing his full on the lips. Bob looked away. Somehow, he expected this from her.

"Just for the week, I'll pick her up on Sunday, Please," He begged "I just need to find a place to stay and a job"

"Fine, but...," She glanced over at Katie "If you are not here on Sunday, I'm taking her down to social services"

"Thank - you" Bob smiled, before hurrying over to Katie.

"Dad, don't leave me here" Katie was on the verge of tears.

"I'll be back on Sunday, until then you have to be a big girl for daddy okay?"

"Promise" She said, kissing his nose.

Katie looked at Bob. Bob nodded, and faintly smiled. His life had just taken a big turn.