Midnight Walk

09

She groaned and opened her eyes, her hands holding her head as her head throbbed.
Teresa sat up, still holding her head in her hands and looked around slowly. It was a small room, that was pitch black.
The only thing that was in it was the small metal bed she was lying on and a can in the corner, she screwed up her nose, not thet she would use it or anything.
Screwing up her nose made her wince, as the throbbing got worse and then subsided when she stopped screwing up her nose.
Slowly she got up and walked around the small room, wondering when someone would come in when they noticed she was awake, but no one came in.
So she just paced around the cell.

Teresa was back lying on the bed again, as her eyes were sliding closed.
She didn't know how long she had been in there for but she had guessed it had been for hours until she had liad back down again.
Tired and wery, she didn't have much strenght to get up off the bed again, as it had been almost a day since she last had food and something to drink.
Her hair as a mess and her nails held blood under them, not knowing where the blood came from...
She slipped off into a deep and meaningless sleep.

It had been many days and she didn't know when she would be able to get out. She couldn't remember when but she had found a piece of some sort of white chalk she began to draw pictures all over the wall impulsively.
She didn't know what drove her or whether she had any thought of doing it, but they were white pictures all over the walls.
Eventually she grew too weak to get up off the bed and just drew on the wall next to the bed.
She ran out of wall and looked around at the drawings, they were so many of them with the black haired women it was scary.
Teresa began to hear voices, but it sounded dull to her ears as she had not heard anything for a while.
Looking at the door she waited for whoever it was to come in, but nothing happened.
Then the door flew open and a red-faced man stood in the doorway and she curled up away from him as much as she could register.
He walked over to her and picked her up by the back of her shirt and she dangled in his hand.
'Why hasn't anyone given her anything to eat?' he demanded.
'Because Sir... Lord Reese has ordered that she be starved just in case so she won't run away,' came the reply from somewhere.
The man that held her scoffed, 'she doesn't look like she could run without tripping. Look at her hands,' he pointed out.
There was no reply.
'Get her something to eat and a better room,' he murmered as he looked around at the drawings on the wall.
'Yes sir,' was the reply and the man put her back on the bed, she shivered and curled up away from him again.
She heard the door close and she fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? subscriptions?