Conditions

Tiger Eyes

May's POV:

I heard a knock at my door and prayed it wasn't Luna. “May?” I heard a female voice shout, and I knew it was Mrs. Taylor. Thank the Lord.

“Be right there!” I shouted back, and put down the granola bar I was in the middle of eating. I ran to the door and opened it to find Mrs. Taylor beaming at me.

“Success!”

“Are you serious?!” I squealed. She pulled me in her arms and I knew exactly what she meant. Shane's surgery had been successful.

“He'll be here any minute – oh I can't wait till he sees you! He'll think you're the most beautiful thing he's ever seen!”

I giggled and blushed. “Thanks, Mrs. Taylor,” I smiled. I hope so, the voice inside my head whispered.

“Well let me get out of your way so you two can be alone when he gets here,” she said softly, running down the steps excitedly. “Good luck!”

“Thanks again!” I called back.

My heart was pumping so fast, I couldn't wait. I wondered what he'd think of me. I waited on the porch staring into the sky, praying he'd still love me for me.

After a while, I suddenly heard someone call my name. “May?”

***

Shane's POV:

Her head turned towards me, and I knew it was her. Her hair was long, wavy, brown, and beautiful. Her skin was pale and sparkly. Her eyes were hazel and gorgeous. And her smile...too beautiful to describe in words.

She was wearing a yellow dress that came down to her knees and complimented her perfectly. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. You know how you get that feeling when you see something really pretty for the first time? It's like you can't take your eyes off of it for a while.

“Shane?” she spoke, but this time her voice seemed more angelic. It rang through my ears and it felt complete to see her lips move at the same time the words left her mouth.

“May...” I repeated, unable to take my eyes away from her. Sure the nature around her was beautiful, but she was nothing to compare.

And this was the girl I had been speaking to the entire season.

This was my girlfriend.

Suddenly, she ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back, and it felt complete. It felt right. Her hair tickled my nose, and this time I wasn't afraid to comb my fingers through it. She giggled, and pushed me away. “So how does it feel?” she asked, her voice ringing in my ears.

“Wow....”

Her cheeks turned pink. “Is it refreshing?”

I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. “Whoa...” I breathed, staring into her eyes. They were a dark hazel – mysterious. Intriguing.

“Hey, you finally have your sunglasses off.”

I nodded, still gazing into her eyes. They were like Tiger Eye rocks – amazing.

“Are you all right?” she asked, still smiling. Her teeth were like white pearls, straight and shiny – perfect.

“I think so...” I sighed. “Just...whoa...”

“Are you sure?”

I paused, still staring into her eyes. “You're just...beautiful...”

Her eyes lit up. “Thanks!”

I sighed, still staring. “It feels so great to see again.”

“I'd bet it would!”

“Almost like before the accident...except...” My smile faded. So did May's.

“I'm so sorry, Shane...”

“No, don't stop smiling,” I insisted, trying to force a smile back on my face. If she stopped smiling, I wouldn't be able to think straight again. It was strange. I guess love works in different ways.

“But...”

I placed my thumb on her lips, and tilted her head up to look into my eyes. I forced a half smile on my face, and she smiled back. That was all I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh finally updated! Sorry for the wait guys!
Thanks for reading & staying updated!
Comment & tell me what you think!
Any predictions? :)
~Kristen Jenahfeir:)