Because These Words Were Meant For You

.01 Because These Words Were Meant For You

The final curtain was closing, swallowing up all the light that cascaded beneath the ever growing dimness in front of me. I wished it would stop. I’d do anything to keep that picture playing; to keep his beautiful face in my head. I wanted him more than anything; wanted him to be in front of me; next to me. Anything as long as I still had him in my sight.
But that sight was waving goodbye.
It was becoming blocked by a very less then appealing, bright light, that chose to shine in my front of my face annoyingly.
I tried to escape it, to use every ounce of imaginary sleep power to fight it off. But nothing worked. It was still there; still trying to awaken me from my delightful slumber.
Rolling over, I felt my body tangle within the heavy comforter as the light slowly followed my movements.
Alright, either there was some freako trying to shoot me with a laser or I was being played.
Prying my sleep encrusted eyes open; I was met with an incredibly luminescent light shinning directly into my golden brown orbs.
“Nita!” I mumbled, swatting at the flashlight that she held so close and dearly to my head. “Get that out of my fucking face.”
“But it’s time for you to get up!” She explained, giggling as she gave me one of her best smiles.
It was one of those ‘I’m so cute and innocent you can’t be mad at me’ smiles. She pulled it off really well for being a black haired tattooed chicka.
“Why?” I questioned, rolling onto my stomach and cuddling into the Tetris styled blanket.
“Because we have to go pick up the boys,” She ran her hand down my back, yanking at the covers until they were resting on the floor and not over my very naked and cold legs. “Woman! Put some clothes on! Why do you sleep half nude?”
“Nita, baby, I have undies and a tank top on.” Sitting up, I ran my fingers through my long, curly hair and leaned over to lay a delicate kiss on her forehead. “I love you, but sometimes I think you may be blonde. That, or your mother had to have been.”
A thick, heavy pout laced her lips as she got up and practically skipped out of the room. “Get ready! We have to be at the airport in an hour! And you know how LA traffic is!” She yelled across the apartment, the kitchen cabinet doors slamming open as I heard her mumble something along the lines of “There’s never any food in this bitch.”
“Go buy some then!” I laughed loudly, reaching into my dresser draws to pull out whatever didn’t smell and was clean and folded neatly.
“I don’t have money!”
“That means I’m going to have to pay for tolls and gas then, eh?”
“Get one of the guys to pay you back.”
“Ha! Yeah right, they’ll use all their money up on boos before I even open my mouth.” Walking into the kitchen, I pulled my Drop Dead Gorgeous T-shirt down over my head and looked around for her feminine body.
“Ready now?” She was leaning against the counter, eating a Go-Gurt and watching me like I had three heads.
“Absolutely,” I grabbed my set of keys to the Ford Explorer and fished my Shiny Toy Guns hoodie off the back of the chair. “You ready woman?”
“Of course I am. I get my man back!” She flew down the flight of stairs and was buckled up in the SUV before I even locked the door.
Damn girl was more than excited to see her boyfriend after three months of nothing but a picture and the sound of his voice when he called. Of course, she always had the countless songs she could listen to when she felt like it, but it was always interrupted by one of the other guy’s voice. She had wanted to hear only his voice so bad she had even tried recording all of Jay’s parts onto on track and combining them.
All this just so she could imagine him next to her while he was gone.
I was pretty much in the same boat, but I wasn’t hopelessly ready to see Dillon. She and Jay had been together for a good six months and they were still technically in their puppy love stage, so I knew why she was so ecstatic.
But I had been dating Dillion, A.K.A. Funny Man Stupid Shit, for more than a year now and we weren’t in that ‘sex, cuddle, call each other cute pet names, and more sex’ stage anymore. We were in that ‘Yell, scream, fight, throw things, and then maybe a session of really bad, quick sex if we were lucky’ stage.
I hated it and it was definitely something I wanted to change, but I was so hard when he’s miles and miles away and didn’t pick up his damn phone.
My boyfriend was one of the six members of Hollywood Undead, more than full of himself, and hardly ever home.
And I, Autumn Annalee, was stuck in a dying relationship with my first and only love.
What the fuck was I gonna do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out to Nita cause her stories rock and she's sweet and puurrrrrrrty =]