Because These Words Were Meant For You

.11 Because These Words Were Meant For You

I woke up with an IV in my arm and an oxygen mask strapped over my face.
I felt like I had been run over by a Mac Truck. Every bone in my body hurt, pure ache seeping from all the fleshy tendons and ligaments. My eyes were half open, crusted over by sleepless seeds and completely drained from immense trauma and shock.
I felt drowsy beyond belief. Every time the heavy, loud beeping from the machine next to me sounded out, my ears screamed in protest and agony.
Groggily, I tried to pry my eyelids from over my eyes so I could see, but that only worked so well. I still felt like I couldn’t see at all.
Slowly, things were becoming clearer, but there was still this cloudy haze about the room that I just couldn't shake.
No matter how many times I shook my head, wishing to throw it directly out like in the cartoons, it wouldn’t go away.
Cease and desist, dammit!”
“Oh, God,” I heard Nita’s voice rang out, her body coming into my line of vision as she teared up. “I thought you died!”
“You can’t do that,” Sarah reprimanded, standing beside Nita’s feminine frame. “You fucking scared us all.”
I tried to talk, but it hurt too much. I swear to god my neck felt like I had whiplash or something. I could barely move, but when I did, I heard the bones creak like I was wearing them thin. Not to mention the fact that this stupid oxygen mask over my mouth was making things all the more difficult.
“Sorry,” I croaked out, reaching up to pulling the mask off my face, feeling my throat itch from soreness.
“Here,” Sarah uncapped a half filled bottle of water and held it up to my lips, tilting it as I sucked in the luscious, much appreciated, water.
“You seriously scared us,” Nita mumbled, falling into the chair beside my hospital bed. “Do you even know what happened? They said when they found you that you were unconscious.”
“I just remember pushing on the brake,” I paused, coughing and sipping more water. “And nothing happened. And then,” I cleared my throat, watching as the door slowly pushed open. “It was really loud and bright and it just stopped.”
“You were lucky.” Sarah explained, glaring over at Johnny as he walked in through the door. “They said you rolled over and like…tucked into the seat. That’s what saved you. If you have been an inch over, there would have been a ten inch pole through your head.” She stopped, frowning deeply. “Wait, I take that back. I didn’t say that. Forget I said that.”
“But you did,” Johnny grumbled, walking up behind her and wrapping his arm around her waist, ignoring her faint, useless protests.
Nita practically ran into Jorel’s arms, sniffling loudly and mumbling over and over again about how much she loved him and how sorry she was. He cocooned her against his chest and kissed the shell of her ear, whispering that he loved her too, that he was sorry, and that all was forgiven.
It was funny how something so traumatic could change the way you look at life.
Suddenly those small, sometimes even big things, didn’t matter anymore. All that mattered was that you were with the ones you loved and the people you cared about, and that they knew you how much you truly cared for them.
For a minute, the mood in the room, regardless of everything that had happened, was pretty nice. There was this calming sense seeping in through the window, expanding around the room in a light happiness and tranquil setting.
It was nice.
But it didn’t stay that way.
Dillon suddenly rushed in, his loud, heavy footsteps echoing against the clean linoleum floor as his large body came at me.
“You’re not allowed here!” Sarah yelled, trying to wiggle her way out of Johnny’s arms so she could attack Dillon. Again.
Oh, good God.
Make it stop?
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think this came out that good =[