Because These Words Were Meant For You

.13 Because These Words Were Meant For You

“Holy shit,” Sarah said slowly, her eyes wide as the nurse walked out of the room. “Oh does this mean I get to be an auntie!? Or a Godmother?! Fuck yeah, go me!” She did a little jig, still wound up in Johnny’s arms. “Oh shit, oh wait. Sorry…uh…bad Dillon! You should have used a condom!” She smacked him over the head, trying to hold back from giggling like an idiot.
“Don’t fucking touch me!” He flipped her off, falling into the hospital chair beside my bed. “How long have you known? Jesus Christ, you’re pregnant with my kid and you didn’t tell me!?”
“How do you know it’s your kid? Maybe she pulled something like Charlie’s Ex and cheated on you and it’s some other dudes baby.” Johnny shrugged, grinning like a retarded Cheshire cat. “But you guys aren’t together anymore, so it’s better, eh?”
“Dude!” Sarah screeched, smacking him upside the head. “I swear to god, I will kill you if you just called her a whore. That’s like calling me a whore!”
“But you are baby,” He grinned, grabbing her hand before she could lay another good one on him again. “You’re my whore.”
“I’m going to beat you when we get home.” She flipped him off with her other hand, glaring up at him.
“How about I just fuck you?” He smirked, snaking his arm around her waist and slapping her ass. “You know you like it kinky baby.”
“Oh, my God. I will fuck you up later. I will.” She shoved him away, sitting on the edge of the bed and running her hand up my leg lightly. “It’s gonna be okay, Autumn. We’ll help ya and be there for you. Don’t worry about Dillon or Johnny and his stupid big mouth.”
“Hey! I take offence to that! You love my big mouth,” Johnny smirked, licking his lips and tapping his butt. “All the better to suck ya titties with baby!”
“Oh, God.” She sighed heavily, closing her eyes tightly and massaging her forehead. “I need more help then you do right now.” She patted my leg gently, shaking her head.
“Are you sure? Because I think I need a hella a lotta help right now.” I mumbled, running my hand over my head, slowly dragging my fingers through the long tendrils. “Does anyone know when I can leave? I hate hospitals.” I tugged at the IV, wincing as I pulled the needle from within my flesh.
“Autumn!” Nita yelled, reaching around Jay’s body and slapping my arm lightly. “Woman! You can’t do that! It’s like…illegal!”
“Ah, fuck me sideways.” I sighed, rubbing my face. “Nita, baby, I love you but I can do whatever the hell I want. I have to pay the fucking hospital bills. I wanna go home and lay in bed and watch Ghost Hunter reruns and wish this wasn’t happening. Then tomorrow, I’ll wake up and get on with life and take care of things. But right now, I just want to forget. Can I do that?” I paused, sighing heavily. “Please? Someone take me back to the hotel? Someone go sign me out.”
“You ain’t going home.” Dillon shook his head, shaking a finger in my direction. “No fucking way. I don’t care how much you hate me; that shit ain’t happening. You’re coming home with me and your staying.”
“I don’t think you two being anywhere near each other is smart.” Nita said, staring at Dillon then looking over at me. “Especially in this state. You guys gotta be like….monitored every minute your together.”
“I think I can handle it,” I sniffled, running my finger under my nose, trying to keep from sneezing. “Alright, please. Someone, if you give a shit about me, and it can literally be shit, just get me out of here.”
“Autumn, seriously, that’s not smart. You just got in a car accident and you’re pregnant, going back to a hotel, or worse yet, your old place with Dillon, who’s gonna fight with you the entire time, isn’t smart. Like, seriously.” Nita shook her head, grabbing my hand and pleading me with her eyes. “Just stay the night.”
“Absolutely not! Do you know how much it costs to stay in the hospital for the night now!? It’s like a thousand dollars! I don’t have a thousand dollars to waste on a night in the hospital; especially when I have to buy baby things. And I’m gonna have to spend nights here in nine months anyway!” I lost it, suddenly ready to beat down the door and run out of the room screaming. “Get. Me. Out.” I breathed out heavily, glaring at Dillon. “Now. Please.”
“Autumn, stop being stupid.” He grumbled, rising to his feet as he grabbed his coat and ripped the blanket off my body. “I’ll take you home, as long as you come home with me.”
“Alright, fine. But you better not pull shit. I’ve got so much shit in me right now and It’s all gonna tumble onto your head if you try anything.” I warned, staring over at Sarah and Nita. “I love you guys and I’ll be okay. Besides, you live like what; ten minutes away? It’s all good.” I slid out of the hospital bed, gripping the side rail as I wobbled a little. “Bye bye.”
“Not quite yet,” Sarah mumbled, wrapping her arms around my waist and squeezing gently. “You need to call and text me later. I want an update like…every hour on the hour.”
“My fingers are gonna go numb with the way you text.” I looked down, blushing as I realized that I was half naked, only in an open hospital gown. “Where’s my clothes? Dammit, I hate hospitals! Have I told you how much I hate hospitals? God, I hate hospitals.”
“I think someone doped you up on too much morphine.” Dillon chuckled, watching as I picked at the little heart machine wraps around my arm. “Seriously.”
I couldn’t help myself.
I giggled loudly.
Dillon smiled, watching as I lost it all and burst into fits of outrageous hilarity.
Maybe someone did give me too much morphine.