Because These Words Were Meant For You

.17 Because These Words Were Meant For You

“Where are we going?” I asked, laughing at Sarah and her complete obliviousness at Nita’s mocking behind her back.
You know those little bunny ears and such?
Yeah, imagine those all over Sarah’s head as Nita cracks up behind her.
“Home?” Sarah asked, smacking Nita’s arm roughly. “Hey! Watch me fuck up your hair if you don’t quite it!”
“I don’t want to go home,” I mumbled, giggling quietly. “Don’t make me.”
“I kinda have to go home,” Nita said, smiling shyly at me. “Sorry. Jorel is taking me on a date tonight. Something about not wanting to chook and that he loves me that much or something like that.”
“And you kinda came a calling like…right before,” Sarah giggled loudly, slapping her thigh.
“Damn bitches getting kinky again,” Nita declared, wiggling her eyebrows up and down rapidly.
“Oh,” I waved my hand, looking out the car window. “What the hell is new anyway?”
“Not much!” Sarah grinned, stopping at a red light. “You know, besides you being preggo with a baby boy! And me getting to be the Godmother!”
“One of the Godmothers!” Nita yelled, grinning brightly as she reached over and changed the radio station. “Don’t forget about me!”
“Can you guys drop me off somewhere then?” I looked out the window, watching the countless buildings fly by. “I don’t want to go home and I know you guys have stuff to do.”
“Where?” Sarah asked, searching around before she gunned it across the road.
“Preferably a food place.” I grinned cheekily at the two of them, rubbing my stomach in circles.
They both burst out laughing as Sarah pulled into the Arby’s parking lot, dropping me off at the front doors.
“You’re going to be alright by yourself right?” Nita asked, smiling at me as I hopped out of the backseat.
“I’ll be fine. I’m just gonna sit here and think and eat. And I’ll walk around and get a cab or something later.” Leaning into the car door I pecked her cheek and waved at Sarah, smiling at them as they took off.
Let them have their fun, I’m not going to ruin their lives because mine it.
Well, that’s not entirely true, but it’s certainly not what I pictured it to be either.
Walking into Arby’s, I automatically went straight for the counter, looking up at the big billboard menu. I really only wanted one thing, maybe two, so there wasn’t much point in taking the time to look at everything. I ordered a large fry and a coke and waited patiently as they took five minutes to make fresh ones.
Hell if I care, I’ve got all the time in the world to waste and they’ll come out better this way anyway.
“Sorry,” A girl apologized, smiling at me as she grabbed a ketchup packet and brushed her brown hair back away from her face.
“It’s alright,” I answered, smiling back as I leaned against the counter and sipped my drink.
She was tall for a girl, pushing somewhere around 5’9, maybe 5’10. I wasn’t the best judge, but it looked around something like that. She had shoulder length brown hair, a smile that could kill, and a gorgeous, rounded face. She was one of those cut girls next door, the ones that everyone wanted to know and every guy wanted to be with, regardless of if they let it be known or not.
She was a little on the chunky side, but it fit her well, and it wasn’t like I could, or would judge.
I wasn’t exactly Skinny Minnie myself.
“Hi,” I greeted, smiling at her as I held my hand out. “I’m Autumn.”
I had no idea what her name was, but I was dubbing her the Arby’s girl.
Oh, God, poor girl!
“Hi?” She giggled, shaking my hand as she grabbed her tray of food. “I’m Taylor.”
“Hi Taylor. Are you here alone?” I frowned, sipping on my drink heavily. “Wait that sounded so wrong. I’m not going to take you into the back and rape you or anything. I promise.”
“Uh,” She laughed loudly, shaking her head and putting a bunch of sauce packets on her tray. “I’m alone but if you did do something like that I could so take you down. I have mace.”
“Ohh, please don’t. I like not looking like a puffed up puffer fish.” I giggled loudly, grabbing my tray and staring at her. “I just wanted to know if you wanted to eat together; maybe? I’m here all alone and if you are too, why not? I know it’s really forward, but you seem like a really cool girl. And why not make a new friend? It’s like Mysapce, but better!”
She burst out laughing, motioning for me to follow her as she made her way over to a table and slid into the booth.
The next few hours went by faster than I ever thought hours could go by. She was such a neat, cool girl, and we sat there laughing and chatting it up the entire time. I hadn’t even realized how long we sat there, not until I looked outside and saw that it was darker then all hell.
Ah shit, maybe someone would be worried about me?
Maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't stop