Because These Words Were Meant For You

.03 Because These Words Were Meant For You

Following the love birds up the cement block stairs, I laughed as they attacked each other. Their lips smashed together in a rough kiss as Nita tried to unlock the door with Jay’s hand stuffed down her pants.
“Okay, guys, seriously!” I yelled, pushing her aside and shoving the door open, watching as they stumbled through it. “Please take it to the bedroom,” They did just that, staggering towards their room, still tangled together in the heat of passion. “And make sure to lock the door!” I practically screeched, hearing the thick, wooden door slam as their bodies made contact with the Full size bed, the knocking of the headboard into the wall making a picture frame fall from its hook in the living room.
“Jesus,” I mumbled, staring at the door like it was the portal to hell and I had just been through it.
“Why isn’t there any food in this bitch?” Dillon asked, patting the side of the fridge as he stuck his head inside the ice box. “I swear to god there’s nothing in here.”
“I haven’t gone shopping yet,” I answered, walking up behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist. “I haven’t gotten paid yet,” I pressed my chest into his back, feeling the soft cotton of his T-shirt rub against my cheek.
He always smelled of stale beer, cigarette smoke, dirt, and axe body wash. Dirt normally didn’t smell good, but it was part of him. It was natural and earthy, and it made him all the more rugged and manly.
I missed his scent so much when he was gone. It was a comfort blanket; a safe, calming sense in the nervousness of this un-delightful world.
“You have a credit card,” He replied, his stomach making grumbles as he patted it affectionately. “I know buddy, I’m gonna feed you soon.”
“It’s your credit card and I’d rather not ring up unwanted money on it when I can last another few days on Ramon noodles and Cup-A-Soups.”
“I can’t eat that shit.”
“You eat it all the time, baby. You used to at least. Unless you’ve changed drastically over this last tour.”
“Maybe I have,” He unwrapped my arms from around his waist and backed up, shoving my body out of the kitchen as he made a direct B-line for our bedroom.
I heard the bedroom door shut a minute later, his tall body blocked by the dented and peeled wooden door.
I sighed heavily, running my fingers through my hair as the rocking of the headboard from the bedroom in front of me started up. I heard Nita’s soft, feminine voice start making quiet whimpers and moans as Jay grunted. No doubt he was panting above her withering body as he rammed himself deep inside of her sopping wet love canal.
Great, Nita and Jay get to go at it all night long and I get a fucking fight.
If someone starts playing “I Hate My Life” by Theory Of A Deadman , this day would be just perfect.
“Go get my bag for me,” I heard Dillon’s voice call out through the door, a loud clanking noise sounding out as he opened the closet doors.
“Great, now I’m your chew toy and your butler, too.” I grumbled, grabbing the keys off the kitchen counter and stomping my way back down the apartment stairs. “I fucking hate love. I should have stayed single and cut myself to death like everyone thought I would.”
“But then I wouldn’t have someone to drink with!” Sarah, better known as SJ, called out from the hood of the Black Ford Explorer. “Damn, it’s hot out here. I was just about to come up! I thought you’d be quicker then that.”
“You should let me know you’re actually coming over,” I laughed, painting a smile on my face as I popped the trunk and pulled Dillon’s suitcase out. “What’s up chicka?”
“Eh, Johnny came home drunk and he couldn’t even get it up.” She jumped off the hood of the SUV and made her way over to me, a small, thin pout on her kissable lips. “I guess that Buckcherry song was right.”
“He seriously couldn’t get it up? He must really be wasted beyond belief.” I hugged her and dropped the suitcase on the ground. “Jesus, what do you think he has in here? A dead body?”
“You never know with them, their all “When you’re running your mouth our razor blades come out,”.” She grinned, even throwing in the few quote marks and giggling to herself. “Can I chill here? Please? I’m so fucking bored at home.I've got nothing to do and Johnny's....well you know.”
“Yeah, sure,” I lugged the suitcase up the stairs, watching as her blonde hair bobbed around in front of me. “It’s not like I have anything to do anyway.”
“I figured you and Dillon would be screwing by now.” She turned around, laces of her English accent seeping in through her words. “You know, roughing it up under the bed sheets.”
“Apparently, I’m not good enough and he’s ‘changed drastically’ on this tour.” I answered, following her in through the open apartment door. “So, you know, I’ve got no clue what’s going to happen, but I'm pretty sure sex isn't anywhere in the near future for us.”
“I’m sorry,” She went straight for the pack of Marlboro’s on the counter, pulling a pink lighter out from her pocket. “I’ll beat him up for you if you want.”
“That’s alright. Go pick a movie or something, we’ll have movie night and order Chinese later. I’ve gotta go bring this to him.” I nodded at the entertainment center in the living room as I lugged the suitcase to our bedroom door.
I heard her footsteps make their way into the living room as I pushed open the door, dropping his suitcase on the bed.
He was standing there, half naked in a pair of jeans, his blue boxers peeking out over the waistband. His flat, tanned stomach rose and fell with his breathing as he stood across the bed from me. He had been going through a box; old photo’s and random junk now piled high on the bed. I let my eyes travel up his body, taking in everything that I had once known, everything that I had once touched and admired.
In that moment, as he stared straight at me with unmoving, lifeless eyes, I realized I didn’t know the man standing in front of me.
Not anymore.
We were complete strangers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna go get me some Taco Bell =]