Because These Words Were Meant For You

.38 Because These Words Were Meant For You

I woke with a sharp pain in my side and the sound of heavy rain pounding against the window roughly. The room was dark and dismal compared to how I remembered it before; how it always was.
Thunder boomed and a minute later a burst of light was into the room, illuminating the space in bright, luminescent color. Everything was covered by a shadowy perch as the light faded in and out of the room every time lightening struck.
The storm outside was vicious and vile, but at the same time it was almost calming in a certain respect. Thought it was raining harder then I had ever seen it in California, it didn’t bother me one bit. It almost made me feel better.
But then the sharp pains came back and that changed quickly.
I got up slowly; my hand pressed into my stomach as I waddled into the hall and made my way into the bathroom. The light flickered as I turned it on, and I watched it as I sat myself on the toilet. I wasn’t going to the bathroom and I hadn’t bothered lifting the lid up; I just wanted to sit there.
For some odd reason, unbeknownst to me, it felt better then laying in bed.
“Ow,” I winced, grabbing at my side as another shot of pain burst through my body. “Ow, ow, ow.”
“Autumn?” Nita asked quietly as she slowly pried to door open, her head peeking in through the small slot. “Are you okay?”
“No,” I mumbled, wrapping my arms around my stomach as I bent forward slightly. “It hurts Nita.”
“What hurts?” She asked, kneeling in front of me as she took my hand in her own.
“It hurts,” I rubbed my stomach with my other hand, wincing as another sharp pain went through my body. “Ow, fuck Nita. Ow.”
“Babe,” She frowned, standing up as she reached for the faucet handles, turning on the cold water and dampening a wash cloth. “Are you in labor?”
“I don’t know,” Whimpering quietly, I tried to breathe in and out slowly, like they taught you in Yoda classes. “But it fucking hurts.”
“Want me to go get Dillon?” She stood up, her fingers tapping against the sink counter as she stared down at me worriedly.
“Please,” I clutched my stomach, leaning forward and pressing it into my knees.
Oh, God.
I think I might faint.
“Huh?” I heard Dillon grumble out as he was pushed into the bathroom, his boxers half hanging off his hips as he stood there, looking worn and tired. “What the fuck man? I was sleeping!”
“She needs you,” I heard Nita mumble through the door as her light footsteps echoed towards her and Jay’s room.
“Baby?” Dillon kneeled down on the titled floor in front of my body, gently running his hand up my knee. “You alright?”
“It hurts,” I whispered quietly, wincing as pains shot through my stomach and my hips compressed, feeling like they we’re about to explode. “Ow, Dillon, fuck.”
“Is it the baby?” He worriedly stroked my thigh, his bright, deep brown eyes staring up at me.
“I don’t know,” Sniffling loudly, I grasped his hand and held it tight, squeezing as another pain cascaded in through me.
“What hurts?” He watched as I breathed in and out slowly, my face twisted in pain and dismay.
“My stomach and my hips,” I felt a lone tear slip down my cheek as I looked up at him. “Dillon, maybe it is time. I don’t know, they don’t really tell you what you’ll feel because everyone is different. But this hurts and if it’s not labor then that means something wrong and we should go to the hospital for that too.”
“Nothing’s wrong,” He answered quickly as he stood up and lifted my body into his arms. “Everything’s going to be fine.” With that he carried me into our room, my eyes following Taylor and Nita’s movements as they sat on the couch in the living room watching us. “Can you guys get her bag? I gotta get us dressed.”
“Of course,” I heard Nita mumble as she followed us in and got my hospital bag from within the closet.
“Babe?” He asked, his hands digging in my dresser as he pulled out clothes. “Do you want a bra on or not?”
“I need one,” I answered truthfully, clutching my stomach as I watched him. “Get me the pink and black one, that’s the comfiest.”
“Alright babe,” He came at me like a lightning bolt, pulling the tank top over my head and fastening the bra around my chest.
I was dressed in less than a minute, faster then I think I could have, or ever have, dressed myself. Nita held my bag as Jay stood in the doorway, Dillon’s half naked flesh quickly covered up in dark denim and one of his many colorful T-Shirts.
“Hoodie,” He mumbled, pulling his simple black one around his shoulders as he fetched my black and gold, Shiny Toy Guns one from off the floor. “Ready baby?” Working my arms through the sleeves, he heaved me up and rushed out the door. “Who’s coming?”
“We’re going to go in Jay’s car,” Taylor answered for them, her ear pressed into her small cellular device. “I’m calling the other now. We’ll meet you guys.”
“You all don’t have to come,” I headed urgently, clinging to Dillon’s body as bursts of hurt shot through my body, his hands holding me tight to his body. “It could be a while and it’s late. You should sleep. It could take days.”
“We’re your friends,” She smiled at me, wrapping her arm around Nita’s shoulder as she stared over at Charlie. “Of course we’re going to be there. And if it does take days and you want us to leave, we can leave. But we’re going whether you like it or not and we should be there. It’s all good in the hood babe.”
“You’re so ghetto, really.” Charlie grumbled as he threw the bag into the back seat of the Borrego. “Yeah, whatever she said dude.”
“Douchebag,” She whacked him across the back and smiled at me encouragingly, watching as Dillon hopped into the driver’s seat. “Good luck and don’t have the baby in the car!”
“You’ll get Dillon’s seats all dirty!” Jay yelled out loudly, a grin bigger then Texas across his face.
“Wait for us!” Nita screamed, her face going blank as she realized what Jay had said. “Hey! Dumbass! You’re going to scare her!”
It was funny watching her smack him over the back of the head in the side mirror as we drove away.
Ow.
Oh, God.
This is really happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woooooooooooooooooooooopie!