Because These Words Were Meant For You

.39 Because These Words Were Meant For You

At 4:47 in the morning, after twenty-three hours of continuous, exhausting, and absolutely grueling labor, Riot James Alvarez was finally born.
Yeah, you heard me right.
Riot.
Riot James Alvarez.
He weighed in at 7.2 Ounces and stretched from the top of his head to the tippy toes of his little feet at nineteen inches long. His eyes were a dark, almost deep ocean blue. Which was surprising, but they said the color would change within the first few months.
His head was filled with dark brown hair, most of it short peach fuzz, but up the middle it was thicker; like he had a Mohawk
But maybe it looked a lot like a Mohawk because Taylor had actually teased it up until it set itself into one.
His skin was slightly swollen and blotchy, but they said that would go away within the first month or so, too. His tummy was jutted out and it looked like he had no neck whatsoever.
Basically, my kid looked like ET.
And the funniest part was that everyone said he looked just like Dillon.
So that must mean that Dillon looks like ET, right?
But even if he was an alien, he was my son and he amazed me. After all the pain I had been through with him, the nights kept up because he kicked so damn much, the aches from swelling he brought on, the food cravings that were less then appetizing, and the agonizing labor.
God, labor was such a bitch.
But he was completely and utterly worth it.
I wouldn’t have traded a second of that time, no matter how loud I had to scream from the pain, I still wouldn’t have traded it. He meant so much to me already, even if I knew nothing about him. And I prided myself in knowing that I had given birth to my baby without drugs and naturally on my own.
The doctor had wanted to stick his hands up there and help tug him out, but I wouldn’t let him.
It was just too freaky for me to deal with.
So I pushed, pushed, and pushed some more, until he finally gave way and slipped right out onto the towel like he was going on his first ride in a water park.
And now I had him in my arms and I would never look back.
“Autumn?” Nita asked quietly, her small body leaning over the bed rail slowly as she stared down at me. “Sweetie, are you alright? You’re going in and out.”
“I’m just so tired,” I whispered, giving her a light smile as Riot moved his head slightly, only to egg it into the curve of my breast as he fell back into a deep sleep. “Thank you girls for being here.”
“How could we not?” Mari smiled over at me, snapping a picture quickly before setting it back down, staring at Riot in wonder. “Oh, he didn’t wake up. Goodie,” She snagged her camera back up and pressed on the button, smiling brightly as she stared at the screen. “Oh, so pretty.”
“My turn,” Sarah giggled quietly to herself, playfully nudging Mari out of the way as she took a few still frames of the two of us. “This is so cute.”
“Can you set it up so it takes by itself so everyone can be in it?” Jay asked from the doorway, him and the guys crowding around the end of the room and giving us girl’s space. “Then you could get everyone and it’d be a big family picture and crap.”
“Oh, betcha bottom dollar I can,” Sarah pressed a few keys and set the camera up on the ledge of a bookcase, making sure it was lined up at the right height and width to fit us all in. “Okay, we’ve got twenty seconds, staring now!” With that she rushed over, tugging Johnny with her as she spooned around the bed. “Dillon, you should get next to her.”
“I’m going,” He mumbled quietly, his large body maneuvering around the guys as he stood at my side, cocooning himself against the railing by my head. “Let’s get this over with fuckers, she’s going pass out soon.”
“And you would know this how?” Raychel threw her two cents in, raising her eyebrow as she stared over at him, her arms wrapped around Aron’s waist.
“Just look at her,” Taylor mumbled, giggling quietly as Charlie kissed down her neck. “God, you horn dog.”
“Oh, you know it,” He grinned pervertedly at the camera, tickling her sides as the flash struck across the room, her loud giggles sounding out at the same time.
“Don’t move!” Sarah grinned again, throwing up the peace sign as another flash went out.
“Jesus, how many pictures did you set it to take?” Jay asked, his eyes wide as another bright, awkward light surprised him.
“Ten,” She smiled, pecking Johnny’s cheek as he held her close. “You have to get more then one,” She paused, grinning brightly at the camera as it went off again. “Otherwise you’ll have nothing. Okay, one last time! Make it good! Kiss!”
So that’s what everyone did.
Raychel and Aron joined lips together, his thin arm wrapped around her waist as he held her close. Charlie had his hand across Taylor’s crotch, his lips heatedly smashed against hers. Sarah and Johnny were kissing like no tomorrow, I would have called it a make out session, but it was way too short to be considered a true one. Mari and Matt were standing side by side, her small frame clutched into his arms as he kissed and loved on her. Jay had his arm around Nita’s waist, his chest pressed into hers as he held her close, delicately kissing her like she was made of the finest porcelain and could break easily.
And then there were two.
Well, technically three now.
Dillon leaned over the bed, pressing his lips into mine as he gently laid his hand across Riot’s small back. He kissed me passionately, using all his pent up aggression, love, lust, and admiration and forcing it against my lips. I knew I was tired, but that kiss practically made me pass out just by itself.
It was so powerful, yet so light and caring at the same time.
“Eh,” Sarah giggled, running towards her camera and staring at the small device. “Oh, those came out so good! I can’t wait to upload them!”
“Shh,” Dillon mumbled, patting the guy’s back’s as he hugged the girls quickly, slowly ushering everyone out of the room. “Visiting hours are from ten A.M. till eight P.M., but call first. We might be out before then and it’d be really fucking dumb for you to come up here only to find out that were not here anymore.”
“Yeah, see ya dude,” Johnny cracked a grin, slapping Dillon’s back a little roughly. “You’re a dad dude, I can’t believe it.” He chuckled deeply, following Sarah’s body out the door as she waved and called out “Bye” to me. “Congrats dude. See you later.”
Everyone followed suit, basically the same procedure repeating itself over five times. The girls smiled and told me that they loved me and would come by tomorrow, the guys offering their congratulations to Dillon at the same time.
Though I loved them all to bits and pieces, I was so happy when Raychel and Aron walked out, finishing the long line of girls and their boy toys.
They were my friends and they meant the world to me, but I was just so tired.
“Baby?” Dillon asked quietly, his body leaning over the bed as he gently rubbed my thigh through the thin sheet. “You want me to take him? So you can sleep.”
“Okay,” I answered lifelessly, watching as he gently put his hand behind Riot’s head and scooped his small form up to his chest, supporting him against his much larger body.
“I’ll be right there,” He said, carefully sitting down in the tan recliner next to my bed as he rested Riot against his chest. “I love you,” He pulled the switch slowly, cautiously making sure the footrest came up steadily, as to not jerk our little Riot around too much. “So fucking much. You’ll never know how proud I am of you right now. You did so amazing baby. And now we have our baby, all thanks to you.”
“You’re fishies,” I breathed out, my heavy eyelids sliding shut as I finally let them close for good for the night. “I love you too….”
“I think Mama’s sleeping Riot.” I heard him mumbled to our son lovingly; right before I passed out.
I’m a Mama now.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can stand under my umbrella =]
Oh, I'm running on three hours of sleep and I'm tired.
But you can still stand under my umbrella =]