Because These Words Were Meant For You

.07 Because These Words Were Meant For You

“And this is gonna be a heartbreaker! You caught me dancing in your makeup! In your makeup! Wait, wait; tell me! Do you think this dress looks good on me!?” I sang out loudly, twirling around the living room in a pair of dark jeans and a pink tank top. “Do you think this dress looks good on me!?”
“Maybe if you were actually wearing one,” SJ laughed, her eyes following every move my body made. “Girl, you’re gonna break something.”
“Yeah, like the lamp!” Nita yelled, her finger pointing at the lamp that I was about to topple into.
“Oof” I yelped, quickly twisting my body around so I landed on the hard floor and not the end table.
I felt myself hit the floor before I heard the door open, the sound of heavy footsteps echoing through my ear drums as three bodies came into view.
Dillon, Jay, and Johnny were standing behind the girls, trying to figure out what the fuck was going on.
Hell if I knew!
“HI!” I waved excitedly up at Dillon, giggling loudly at his bewildered face. “Have fun at the DMV baby?”
“It barely fucking passed,” He grumbled, reaching into the fridge to pull out a six pack of beer, handing the bottles around like candy.
“What do you mean ‘it barely fucking passed’?” I asked, staring at him as I slowly rose to my feet. “That’s the only car we have, Dill. We need that.”
“It’s not like I fucking wanted it to not pass or some shit!” He chugged at his beer bottle, holding it to his chest like it was something precious and dear.
And at this moment in time, I doubt that it wasn’t. He always turned to drinking and yelling when things weren’t quite going right.
“What happened?” I questioned, wiping the imaginary dust off of my butt.
“It needs new brakes.” He groaned and dropped himself onto the couch, his long body thrown carelessly over the cushions. “It passed but just barely. The guy was nice and said that as long as I actually got it done then it wouldn’t be a big deal. But, supposedly it ‘really needs’ a new brake system.”
“…When are you gonna get it done?” I slid into his lap and knitted my hands in the back of his long hair.
“Me? Why do I fucking have to do it? That thing’s three years old, it doesn’t need a new fucking brake system. They just want everything brand new and I don’t have the cash for that, let alone give a fuck what they want. The brakes are fucking fine; they don’t squeak and they work great.”
“Alright,” I mumbled, gently massaging my fingers into his scalp and letting it go.
There was no use trying to fight with him. No use what-so-ever.
Ever being the keyword here.
“Nita, baby?” Jay mumbled, wrapping his hand around her upper arm and tugging her back, pulling her away from the chair she was about to sit down in. “Let’s go somewhere, Mmkay? I wanna take you for lunch. I’m fucking hungry as all shit.”
“Alright,” She replied, making her way over to the kitchen table and grabbing her hoodie and purse off the top of it, her small feet slipping into her shoes at the same time. “Let’s go then.”
As he pulled her out the apartment door, he grabbed at her hand and laced their fingers together, showing everyone exactly who she belonged to.
Damn men and their jealous qualities.
“Am I forgiven yet?” Johnny whispered into Sarah’s ear, snaking his arms around her waist as he pulled her back against his chest.
“Maybe,” She whispered back, letting her fingers trail up and down the exposed, tattooed flesh of his arms. “Are you going to come to dinner with me or not?”
“Yes,” He sighed, squeezing his arms around her waist in a loving, yet annoyed manor. “But don’t expect me to sit there and shut up if they start beating up on you. I care too fucking much to let them do that to you.”
“Dully noted, but you can’t fight them either.” She responded, patting his arm affectionately.
“What does fight imply exactly?” He grinned down at her cheekily, a glint in his bright blue eyes.
“It means don’t starting beating on either of them!” She yelled, smacking his chest playfully. “Like that!”
“I don’t hit girls,” He smirked and raised his hand, a loud ‘thawp’ echoing out as his hand connected with her ass cheek.
She arched back into him, biting down on her bottom lip to keep a moan from escaping.
“Hot damn,” He breathed out, picking her up and tossing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, laying another good one on her other cheek. “Later! I’m kidnapping this bitch.”
“Bye!” I called out, giggling loudly as I heard SJ’s voice screeching something like “I am not a bitch!” as the door slammed shut behind them.
“Their idiots,” Dillon laughed, laying a soft, sweet peck on my lips. “Whatcha up to?”
“Nothing really, just sitting here in your arms. You know the drill.”
“So you’re not doing anything?” He asked, his large hand slowly rubbing into my hip bone.
“No.” I laid my head against his chest and shook it, giggling as my dark, dyed redish-brown hair fanned in front of my face and completely clouded my vision.
“Good,” He breathed out above my ear, taking a long, thick sip from his Budweiser. “Because we need to talk.”
Oh, no.
That was never good.
Never ever good.